• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated With Picky Customers!!!!

In early June, the orders came in and she contacted the customers that their orders were here. One customer replied that she was busy and would let her know, but then the author heard nothing from her for weeks. The author got back from vacation this week and just wanted the orders out of her hair, so she emailed the customers again. The one customer finally picked hers up, but
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
OK, in May I did a "Help Whip Cancer" fundraiser - just online and through email. I didn't get that many orders, but it was enough to make it a show. Some people ordered on my website and had it shipped to themselves (yay!), but others had it shipped to me to pick up. I told them they would have to pick up the orders once they arrived, because I work FT and do this PT and was going on vac. in June, and just can't be running all over creation. They promised they would.

Fast forward to early June - the orders come in and I contact the customers that their orders are here and just to let me know when they can pick them up and I'll have them ready and waiting. No response from one, the other says she's busy and will let me know (then I hear nothing for weeks).

I got back from vacation this week and just want these things out of here, so I email them again. The one girl finally picks hers up, but immediately complains that "the pink gloves are a Large and I specifically ordered a Small, and they are way too big! Can I exchange them for a smaller size?" Uh, NO - there was only one size, as I explained to her when she ordered them, and the only thing she can do is exchange them for something else in the catalog.

The other girl tells me she's too busy to pick up her order and "can you just pop it in the mail?" Uh, NO - it's at least $4.75 to send it to her through the mail, b/c she didn't order something that was small enough to send in a large flat envelope. Why didn't she just have it shipped to her and spend the extra $2.75!?!?!?! UGH!!!

These people are on my last nerve today - can you tell?! :yuck:

Sure I can drop it in the mail for you...just as soon as I get $4.75 from you for the shipping cost :)
I too had someone ask for another size b/c of the "L" on the glove...sorry one size fits most :)

I totally feel your pain!

Take a deep breath...I know they can get on your LAST nerve.

Hope they come pick up their stuff and get it out of your hair soon!

http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/1226617200

I am sure all of us can related to "picky customers" in one way or another. My very first cooking show was at a friend's home who is a OTT (over the top) and a type-A personality. Holy cow! I thought by the end of the night I would not be a consultant anymore because the headline in the papers would have read "Consultant Cracks and Strangles Host". :p

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you're experiencing with your recent fundraiser. It can be tough when customers don't respond or follow through on their orders. I'm glad that at least one of the customers was able to pick up their order, even though there was a slight issue with the size of the gloves. As for the other customer, maybe she didn't realize that shipping would be more expensive and thought it would be easier to have you mail it to her. In any case, I hope everything gets sorted out and you can finally get those orders out of your hair. Keep up the great work with your fundraising efforts!

Related to Frustrated With Picky Customers!!!!

1. Why are customers so picky?

Customers may have different preferences, needs, and expectations when it comes to products or services. They may also have previous negative experiences that make them more cautious and selective in their choices. Additionally, with the rise of online reviews and social media, customers have more power to voice their opinions and demand high-quality products or services.

2. How can I deal with picky customers?

One approach is to actively listen to their concerns and try to understand their specific needs and expectations. Then, offer personalized solutions or alternatives that may meet their requirements. It is also important to remain patient, empathetic, and professional when handling picky customers.

3. What if a picky customer is unsatisfied with my product or service?

If a customer is unsatisfied, it is important to address their concerns promptly and find a solution to resolve the issue. This may involve offering a refund, replacement, or other forms of compensation. It is crucial to maintain open communication and follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction.

4. How can I prevent picky customers from affecting my business?

One way to prevent picky customers from affecting your business is by consistently providing high-quality products or services. This can help build a positive reputation and attract loyal customers who are less likely to be picky. Additionally, actively seeking feedback and incorporating it into your business can help improve overall customer satisfaction.

5. Is it okay to refuse service to picky customers?

In most cases, it is not recommended to refuse service to picky customers as it may damage your business's reputation and lead to negative reviews. However, if a customer's demands are unreasonable or outside of your business's capabilities, it is important to communicate this respectfully and offer alternative solutions or recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissasutkus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melissasutkus
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • Jennifer golden