• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Friday Call: Possible Commission Increase at My Company

Incentive? ...that they are not paying out.In summary, Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President of Sales, sent an email to invite people to a conference call on Friday, September 16th to hear about an exciting new initiative for 2012. The call-in details were given in the email and various times were mentioned. The conversation speculates what the new initiative will be, with some people suggesting it may be related to commission structure or changes to the Career Plan. People also discuss the issue of PC Bucks, which is a way for consultants to receive product, supplies, etc, instead of cash.
Becca_in_MD said:
A new partnership with another corporation? We had all of those Pillsbury coupons with the recipe cards when I started. Or we're buying someone out. Man, what if we merged with TS?!?

WOW! I hadn't thought of that!!!!! That would certainly be interesting... and would help with people confusing us. I'd hate to carry inventory though and I know some TS reps choose to do that.

The funny thing is probably NONE of us are right! LOLIt is fun to guess & wish though, huh? :D

I agree, Sheila! I am sure that NONE of us are right!!

Okay - here's something interesting to throw in the mix....

I have a consultant on my team who recently also signed up to be a 31 Consultant. ( :( )

But she told me that their training material is almost exactly like ours....AND their training DVD is done in the PC TEST KITCHEN! When she watched it, she thought it looked really familiar, so she got out some PC training DVD's - and it's the same location. And think of all the really nice bags we're getting, and the picnic basket, and lunch bag....things that make you go "hmmmm...."!

It's interesting that you say that because I looked at the 31 compensation plan and it's almost identical to PC's. They even have "Circle of Honor" as their top recognition. Someone here mentioned that it was started by a PC Rep.Interestingly enough though, on a call with my upline, she told us that Jean & Marla had a few items from 31 (not sure why) and that they didn't have very good things to say about the products (quality, etc). It sounded me to me like they were kind of trashing them verbally. (That's just how I took it...)I REALLY hope we don't merge with another company. But, they didn't ask me!

I think I remember somewhere that the person who started 31 was with PC at one point

My girlfriend is a 31 consultant and when she returned from her national conference she said the founder told them all that during one of her speeches. That she was a former PC consultant.

bethcooks4u said:
What's her name?

I just looked on their website - Cindy Monroe - CEO & Founder

Got this today from my D... still no hint as to what it could be though. :cry:Team Leaders and above, I encourage you to hear some good news on Friday in the calls you have been invited to. The information will help you plan your calendars for 2012 and it is very fun and energizing news! Consultants and Sr. Consultants, you'll be getting the scoop on Monday, I believe.I know there are a lot of calls being offered to you. This one's an easy one to listen to and bubbles with good promise for the future. Can't say any more.... :)Doesn't sound like a raise. :(

Here's an excerpt of a C & SC incentive apparently coming out soon:
Breaking News... Just in time for the October Host Special! Watch for a new special to be announced shortly: Earn a Free New Small Ridge Baker...for Senior Consultants and Consultant who host their own show and get in by the 26th of September.... Also Top 25 Shows will earn a Selection of Fall Products worth over $620.00 ...
Not sure how October is related to the "hold & submit by the 26th" part. Maybe the "top 25 shows" is going to be for Oct? But it reads like it will be the top 25 C & SC shows that are submitted by the 26th ... so who knows! LOL (I guess time will tell ...)

Sheila said:
Here's an excerpt of a C & SC incentive apparently coming out soon:

Not sure how October is related to the "hold & submit by the 26th" part. Maybe the "top 25 shows" is going to be for Oct? But it reads like it will be the top 25 C & SC shows that are submitted by the 26th ... so who knows! LOL (I guess time will tell ...)

I think it is referring to this e-mail:

I'm letting you in on some exciting news!

This afternoon, we'll announce a “Host Your Own Show” Challenge for your Consultants and Senior Consultants. It's a great way to motivate your team and increase September sales, and everyone can benefit!

Benefits for Your Consultants and Senior Consultants:

The Small Ridged Baker - for the first 10,000 Shows submitted.
Over $620 worth of new products - for the top 25 in sales who participate in the
Challenge.
More leads to help grow your teams' businesses.
Higher September commission!
Benefits for YOU:

More overrides on higher team sales.
A motivated, active team of Consultants.
How to get involved:

Encourage all of your Consultants and Senior Consultants to host their own Shows starting tomorrow, Sept. 16 through 26.
Engage in a little friendly competition with other leaders. Whose team can host the most Shows? Better get going!
Later today, we'll send an email announcing the Challenge to your Consultants and Senior Consultants. We'll send you a copy of it so you can see all the details. Let's get started -- I'm excited to see where this Challenge takes you and your team!

Much success,

Yes, my exec called me last night. Also a good recruiting tool...when they earn the 3 stones and the Ridged Baker, they value of the stones is more than the cost of the mini kit!

finley1991 said:
Got this today from my D... still no hint as to what it could be though. :cry:

Team Leaders and above, I encourage you to hear some good news on Friday in the calls you have been invited to. The information will help you plan your calendars for 2012 and it is very fun and energizing news! Consultants and Sr. Consultants, you'll be getting the scoop on Monday, I believe.

I know there are a lot of calls being offered to you. This one's an easy one to listen to and bubbles with good promise for the future. Can't say any more.... :)

Doesn't sound like a raise. :(

You're right! It does not sound like a raise. Bummer. Hopefully we'll be surprised??!

Yup! Just saw that e-mail. I was going off what I got in e-mail last night from my upline. LOL Glad to have the details. Not sure what she was referring to with the OCTOBER Host Special Comment.

The Host & Guest Special in Oct -- the unglazed Stoneware for 60% & 20% off --

Sheila said:
Yup! Just saw that e-mail. I was going off what I got in e-mail last night from my upline. LOL Glad to have the details. Not sure what she was referring to with the OCTOBER Host Special Comment.

I think she meant that they can earn the SRB and they can promote the October host special with it.

SHOOT!! I just booked a recruiting interview for my call time!! Would anyone who has an earlier call time be willing to share the cal-in information with me??? Pretty please with shaved chocolate and a Playgirl playmate on top drizzled with warm honey???

Chef Kearns said:
Pretty please with shaved chocolate and a Playgirl playmate on top drizzled with warm honey???

WOW Sandra!!!! If I were on the earlier call I'd DEFINITELY accommodate!!! :D

I'm hoping :pray: that someone on the earlier call will come here with the details...??? All of you ADs out there????

Pretty please with shaved chocolate and a Playgirl playmate on top drizzled with warm honey??? :angel:

Becca_in_MD said:
I'm betting on definition 2: initiating action; enterprise.

It's worded as a 2012 initiative, so I assume it starts in Jan. A new partnership with another corporation? We had all of those Pillsbury coupons with the recipe cards when I started. Or we're buying someone out. Man, what if we merged with TS?!?

I'm still placing my money on charitable giving, ie. a revamp of the HWC campaign. Though to be really sure, bet it's NOT something I've thought of. I am never right. :)

Hubs and I were discussing this a few months ago - remember the survey that came down asking our feelings about pantry lines...and now the new line of pantry items...and right after NC I noticed several of our muckety mucks who are on FB were suddenly becoming friends with several TS muckety mucks...well, we shall see...less than 24 hours away...

But TS recently bought up Homemade Gourmet, so that wouldn't seem right....

Chef Kearns said:
SHOOT!! I just booked a recruiting interview for my call time!! Would anyone who has an earlier call time be willing to share the cal-in information with me??? Pretty please with shaved chocolate and a Playgirl playmate on top drizzled with warm honey???

Other than my 2 year old (who obviously doesn't count!), I haven't seen a naked man since I left hubby behind in Tokyo 178 days ago. Man, I'd love to see a Playgirl Playmate right about now! LOL

I'm on 1PM EST call, but don't want to ruin the fun for the ones calling in at 2PM. We could do a PM on FB with the group who wants the spoiler if you girls want to do that. But we'll have to have it set up & ready to go before the call starts. I don't think I can add people to the conversation after we've started.

Or it can be posted here and anyone who wants to hear it on the call can just not look until after their call and then can join in the conversation.

finley1991 said:
Got this today from my D... still no hint as to what it could be though. :cry:

Team Leaders and above, I encourage you to hear some good news on Friday in the calls you have been invited to. The information will help you plan your calendars for 2012 and it is very fun and energizing news! Consultants and Sr. Consultants, you'll be getting the scoop on Monday, I believe.

I know there are a lot of calls being offered to you. This one's an easy one to listen to and bubbles with good promise for the future. Can't say any more.... :)

Doesn't sound like a raise. :(

I'm dropping my business merger idea. On to my next bizarre conspiracy theory-based idea. :roflmao: Initially I thought it was too early for them to announce the incentive trip (remember Oct. 2009 when they announced Disney instead of waiting for Jan.?). Now I'm thinking about the possibility that they've revamped the whole incentive trip program. Not likely. Soooo thinking about some new kind of incentive program - whether it's for us or our hosts (not likely for hosts b/c that would mean new catalogs). Just not sure how it's going to help us plan our calendars for 2012 unless it's a mini-trip opportunity like New Orleans was for this year, but this would be open to everyone if they're doing all of these conference calls.

Can't wait for my call this afternoon. So what time is the earliest call? 1pm CST? I'm staying away from here after noon and will rejoin the discussion after my call.

I agree about the merger... at least I hope not. I thought about another change and maybe something to the host program? But the reality is, HO could change a gazillion different things!And again, like some have said here... we're probably ALL wrong! And wouldn't it be funny if we were! I guess it will be fun to come back and see how far off base we are!!!

I am pretty sure I will be underwhelmed...but then it does take a lot to get me excited.

jwpamp said:
I am pretty sure I will be underwhelmed...but then it does take a lot to get me excited.

:roflmao:
True, so very true.

So you girls want live updates? Any objections to that before I do it?And not sure if 1 is the earliest call or if SD's get a call before that? I did notice that my call in # is different at the 1PM time than the # posted for the 2PM time. I guess that's to keep people from dialing in earlier! LOL

I don't want to talk while listening, I just want to be on the earlier call because I have an interview during my call time. I want to be on the call instead of hearing it from everyone after my interview. If you don't wanna share the # with everyone else, could you PM me the 1pm call in information?

a merger does not make sense since we are owned by Berkshire. They would buy someone else and run it as a seperate company because Berkshire is only going to buy a profitable company and let it run like it already had.. just like they did with PC

They usually ask for your info when you call in, don't they?

Janice, not that I remember. Course I could be remembering incorrectly.

jwpamp said:
They usually ask for your info when you call in, don't they?
Yeah. They'll ask for consultant number if you don't call in on the number that's listed for you at HO ...no wait, I remember other calls where we have to state our name and then we get connected.

Sheila said:
So you girls want live updates? Any objections to that before I do it?

And not sure if 1 is the earliest call or if SD's get a call before that? I did notice that my call in # is different at the 1PM time than the # posted for the 2PM time. I guess that's to keep people from dialing in earlier! LOL

I can't be here for my call ( I'll be at my other job :cry: ) So I just want to know!! TIA! :D

Last guest... maybe it has something to do with all of this Hollywood stuff... like a PC tv show???? That publicity would help us book shows...

That's what I have been thinking...maybe some type of partnership with TLC or an advertising campaign of some sorts bc it says about helping with bookings.

I guess we will know shortly!

My guess is that they'd be ticked if I shared the call in info. But I'm happy to do a spoiler thread. ;)

Well, I guess none of us win the prize for correct answer... :(

I didn't post it b/c I thought it would draw too many harsh reactions but I was thinking about how great it would be for them to do the big mid-year change. The Fall change is not something I saw coming.

Think it's goind to be a good thing. It'll be like NC, but for leaders with trainings we as leaders need. :) we'll stil get to network and hopefully motivate everyone to have at least 2 team members.

I like having 2 company sponsered trainings for our teams and think attendance will be much higher.

Looking forward to it. I laughed pretty hard when that caller asked for NC date and Jean's attempt to answer without making her feel stupid. Mean streak going on my end. Sigh.

WAAAH I will be at Bunco tonight
and my call is during the time the babies are here where is the spoiler thread????

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Think it's goind to be a good thing. It'll be like NC, but for leaders with trainings we as leaders need. :) we'll stil get to network and hopefully motivate everyone to have at least 2 team members.

I like having 2 company sponsered trainings for our teams and think attendance will be much higher.

Looking forward to it. I laughed pretty hard when that caller asked for NC date and Jean's attempt to answer without making her feel stupid. Mean streak going on my end. Sigh.

What will happen to our planned kayaking trip on the river?!?!?AHHHHH! I do plan on hopefully going for a few extra days if airfare/schedules work out so we'll have to find something in Denver. White water rafting? LOL (ok i'm really not that adventurous b/c I would prob fall out, get stuck under the raft and drown. But the thought is fun!) :clap:

Well, I missed hearing the call. At least she signed.

Chef Kearns said:

Congratulations on your new team member!!:happyforyou:

Melissa78 said:
What will happen to our planned kayaking trip on the river?!?!?AHHHHH! I do plan on hopefully going for a few extra days if airfare/schedules work out so we'll have to find something in Denver. White water rafting? LOL (ok i'm really not that adventurous b/c I would prob fall out, get stuck under the raft and drown. But the thought is fun!) :clap:

I'd with you, I'll go rafting with you - maybe if your on one side and i'm on the other - we can stabilize the raft - so we won't flip

Melissa78 said:

I'm totally loving the rafting idea. And maybe a hike...we did it before unintentionally! Ha ha. We'll find something to entertain us, and we'll celebrate with a bloody Mary for me and a mojito for you.

Chef Kearns said:

:party::woohoo::woohoo::party:

Between work, personal life and a party...I am totally in the dark. Barely able to check my e-mail I know that there was or is going to be a call. :(

<h2>1. What is the potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>The potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef is a possible commission increase.</p><h2>2. Is there any speculation about what the increase could be for?</h2><p>There is speculation that the increase could be for our base commission rate of 20%. Other possibilities include new products or electrical appliances.</p><h2>3. Why do you think the company should consider increasing our base commission?</h2><p>I believe the company should consider increasing our base commission in order to remain competitive with other companies in the industry. Many other companies start at 25% commission and go up from there, so it is important for Pampered Chef to stay competitive in order to attract and retain consultants.</p><h2>4. Is there any indication that the increase could be for a different aspect of the business?</h2><p>The email did mention something "exciting", so it is possible that the increase could be for something other than our base commission, such as new electrical appliances. However, this is just speculation and we will have to wait for the call to find out for sure.</p><h2>5. When will we find out more information about the potential commission increase?</h2><p>The Friday call is when we will find out more information about the potential commission increase. The email did not specify a time, so make sure to check your email or with your team leader for the call time and details.</p>

1. What is the potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef?

The potential topic of the Friday call at Pampered Chef is a possible commission increase.

2. Is there any speculation about what the increase could be for?

There is speculation that the increase could be for our base commission rate of 20%. Other possibilities include new products or electrical appliances.

3. Why do you think the company should consider increasing our base commission?

I believe the company should consider increasing our base commission in order to remain competitive with other companies in the industry. Many other companies start at 25% commission and go up from there, so it is important for Pampered Chef to stay competitive in order to attract and retain consultants.

4. Is there any indication that the increase could be for a different aspect of the business?

The email did mention something "exciting", so it is possible that the increase could be for something other than our base commission, such as new electrical appliances. However, this is just speculation and we will have to wait for the call to find out for sure.

5. When will we find out more information about the potential commission increase?

The Friday call is when we will find out more information about the potential commission increase. The email did not specify a time, so make sure to check your email or with your team leader for the call time and details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Malinda Klein