• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Freezing/Refrigerating Lemon Mini Cake Batter - Advice Needed!

In summary, the conversation discusses freezing and storing lemon mini cake batter. It is recommended to freeze the batter in an airtight container for up to 3 months and to thaw it in the refrigerator before use. The batter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before freezing. It is not recommended to add frozen batter directly to the oven, but mix-ins can still be added after thawing. Thawing in the microwave is also an option, but the batter should be used immediately after.
RunawayChef
I want to make the lemon mini cakes, but I don't want to make 6....because I just might eat all of them. Can you freeze the leftover batter? (if not, how long can it be refriderated for?)

Thanks in Advance!!

I would GUESS keep it in the fridge for a week? why not make the lemon cakes and freeze them>? Then you just grab one when you want it and let the defrost.

Oooo, that's a good idea, bake them THEN freeze them! :) Good luck!

You can freeze mini cakesi did make 6 cakes and then freeze 4 of them.
i tried 2 frozen without the glaze and 2 frozen with the glaze.
both worked but i prefer to make them and freeze before the glaze - then make the glaze fresh
to thaw the cake i popped in the microwave for 10 second intervals til warm.

Wow!!! Thanks! So, you just freeze them in the prep bowl?

Ami...I would take them out of the prep bowl, wrap them securely (indivudually) in saran wrap so they are air tight, then pop them into a freezer bag. Press out as much air as possible. When freezing, it's when air hits the food that you get ice crystals and dried out spots!

We stored our baked in the fridge for a couple days. The only difference that I noticed was that the lemon gets a little tart. It would flavor the cake right underneath the lemon and really pucker you up when you ate the cake! Otherwise, they are fine in the fridge.

Related to Freezing/Refrigerating Lemon Mini Cake Batter - Advice Needed!

1. Can I freeze the lemon mini cake batter?

Yes, you can freeze the lemon mini cake batter. It is recommended to freeze the batter in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.

2. How long can I keep the lemon mini cake batter in the refrigerator?

The lemon mini cake batter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before use. After that, it is recommended to freeze the batter for longer storage.

3. Can I add frozen lemon mini cake batter directly to the oven?

No, it is not recommended to add frozen batter directly to the oven. Thaw the batter in the refrigerator before use to ensure even baking.

4. How should I thaw the frozen lemon mini cake batter?

Thaw the frozen batter in the refrigerator overnight before use. You can also thaw it in the microwave using the defrost setting, but be sure to use the batter immediately after thawing.

5. Can I still add mix-ins to the frozen lemon mini cake batter?

Yes, you can still add mix-ins to the frozen batter before baking. Simply thaw the batter in the refrigerator, mix in your desired ingredients, and bake as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • jigsmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies