• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied

In summary, Frank Birgfeld's request to have the investigation of Paige's disappearance removed from the Mesa County Sheriff's Department to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been denied. The tension between the Mesa County Sheriffs Office and the family of Paige Birgfeld continues.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Well, so much for moving the investigation.

KJCT Television in Grand Junction is reporting that Frank Birgfeld's request to have the investigation of Paige's disappearance removed from the Mesa County Sheriff's Department to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been denied.

Link: http://www.kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=10482798

Birgfeld and MSCO at odds

GRAND JUNCTION (KJCT) -- Request denied. Tension is building between the Mesa County Sheriffs Office and the family of a missing Grand Junction woman.

Frank Birgfeld, father of missing mom of three Paige Birgfeld, asked to have the Mesa County Sheriffs Office removed from the investigation; that won't happen, at least right now.

In mid-May Mr. Birgfeld asked the Sheriff's Office to transfer the investigation to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Birgfeld is concerned tens of thousands of dollars were illegally taken from his daughters' home after the investigation began.

Heather Benjamin, with the Sheriff's Office, says the Birgfeld case is not being transferred to the C.B.I. She says the Colorado Bureau of Investigation has been involved with the Birgfeld case since day one, and because of this there is no need to hand it over. She says the C.B.I is working on certain parts of the investigation and the case will remain with the Sheriff's Office.

This does not satisfy Mr. Birgfeld. He has asked the F.B.I to conduct an investigation by its Public Corruption Unit.

"There doesn't seem to be a right smell about this. There's something wrong. That's one reason I'd like to have somebody independent and objective start picking this up. It's also a reason why I asked the evidence file to be protected," said Birgfeld.

When asked today for a response, the Sheriff's Department politely refused.

Mr. Birgfeld plans to continue his efforts, but will not disclose what those next steps will be.

Paige Birgfeld went missing on June 28th, 2007. A few days later her car was found on fire. No suspects have been charge and a body has never been found.

Thanks for this KG. No one wants law enforcement to be under the microscope, but I glad Frank is not giving up the fight. Between her not being found, a burned car and large amounts of money missing, someone one knew exactly what they were doing.

Can't even imagine what all they are continually going through.

Well, poo. I just hope that the case isn't shoved under a rug after this.

chefann said:
Well, poo. I just hope that the case isn't shoved under a rug after this.

Well said Ann!!!

I can't believe it's been almost 2 years already.

Poor family.....so much loss and stress, and then having to struggle with the idea of possible corruption too! Horrible, I couldn't imagine. Sending prayers for the family, and that a resolution is near.

It's a real shame that the Sheriff has decided to be a stubborn jerk... They need to understand no one is perfect and while the Sheriff himself may not be involved, someone certainly took that money that could be put away for the kids' college! Praying his ego will quit taking over his common sense!

That's terrible. As always KG, thanks for the update.

Crystal Patton said:
Well said Ann!!!

I wanted to type something a lot stronger, but this is a SFW (safe for work) site. So I used a synonym. ;)

I agree, so sad and stressful for her family. Thank you KG for the update - we appreciate it.

chefann said:
I wanted to type something a lot stronger, but this is a SFW (safe for work) site. So I used a synonym. ;)

I SO admire your caring sensitivity.

We all know you were just trying to tell us about shiitake mushroom soup.

Ditto what Ann said.

Thank all of you who continue to care that Paige be found and justice is served up to the men who harmed her.

FYI, Sheriff Stan Hilkey stated in writing to me that the CBS News report didn't warrant his investigation as there was no money taken since there were no written reports prepared, as required by their procedure, that money was, as he said' "seized'.

The CBS News source reported that "tens of thousands of dollars were recovered" as evidence that she didn't just run off. He was from the Sheriff's Office but, has not turned it into a police report. Gotta protect the Blue Line no matter what.

Frank J. Birgfeld

Frank, I didn't know your daughter. I joined Chef Success after she disappeared. But my heart goes out to you and the whole family for your agony of wondering what happened and not having her in your lives.I'm not familiar with Colorado criminal law, but if they are saying the money was "seized", then they are probably covered by some state law which gives them to right to confiscate money or property that they can justifiably prove was obtained due to illegal activity.Here it Texas, if you own your vehicle & are caught selling drugs out of the vehicle, the arresting agency has the right to seize your vehicle. It could then either be used by the agency (usually as an unmarked police car) or sold at auction and the funds distributed as needed within the police department. The city where I used to work would use the funds for crime prevention purposes. That division also helped people in need ... like now while we are going through a heat wave, they would purchase a certain number of fans & distribute them to local elderly residents who might not have A/C or their A/C is temporarily broken. I've also seen them help families who's house burned down, etc.Unfortunately a seizure would mean that the Birgfeld family and Paige's children would not be able to use the money, but a seizure is better than an internal theft. At least there's hope that it's going to something beneficial to the community and not in the pocket of one or more shady law enforcement officials. ;)

what a mess! my heart continues to break for this family and my prayers remain that paige will come home safely!!!

Related to Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied

1. What is "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied"?

"Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" is a popular kitchen tool sold by Pampered Chef. It is a multi-functional kitchen tool that can be used for slicing, dicing, and chopping various ingredients.

2. What are the dimensions of "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied"?

The dimensions of "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" are 9 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 2 inches high.

3. Is "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the product.

4. Can "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" be used for cutting meat?

Yes, "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" can be used for cutting meat. It is designed with sharp, stainless steel blades that can easily cut through various types of meat.

5. Does "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" come with a warranty?

Yes, "Frank Birgfeld's Request: Denied" comes with a lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy