• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

for theMorning Shift - What We Know so Far

In summary, Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday and her car was found fully engulfed in flames on Sunday night. Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Grande, the new user on scaredmonkeys.com, has passed along information to the authorities that seems to suggest Paige's disappearance is not a coincidence. A prayer vigil was held last night and there is still no news on her whereabouts.
He delights in keeping us hanging :D

My mind keeps working on this and I can't stop ... several little pieces that seem really odd and out of place ... no missing persons report for several days just keeps screaming at me. Yeah, I know the nanny didn't speak good English. But she had to tell the kids something about mom not being there for so long ... the newspaper article that talks about how she reconnected with her first dh, but fails to mention that she had already broken it off ... I know the 2nd dh is a great suspect, but how easy would it be to hide behind that if you are someone else ... has anyone heard where the first dh is at this point?

BTW, there is nothing we can say or do here (or are saying or doing) to interfer with the police investigation, so there is no need to worry about NOT letting the police do their jobs. They will do them in spite of little 'ole us ... there is going to be tons of speculation about what is happening simply because in a way it touches all of us.

I think he just means that the HO will probably wait until they know more before they comment.

ETA:

If they decide to issue a statement.

ChefBeckyD said:
I won't ask how you know;) ~ but what does "coming up to speed" mean? Will they be sending out an email, or an execuflash?
I'm speculating here, but IMHO, considering that no one at HO probably knew anything about this until they came in at 8 and read their e-mail, they need some time to read and digest.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm speculating here, but IMHO, considering that no one at HO probably knew anything about this until they came in at 8 and read their e-mail, they need some time to read and digest.
Right... Plus I have always had the impression that they rarely make a "knee jerk" move.

Breaking news notifications don't require registration, although the links do expire at midnight when they're replaced by the full print edition stories. We're following up developments today; if anything comes up, we'll post it as a breaking news entry. Obviously, there is a lot going on in relation to Paige's disappearance, and most everyone knows by now that Paige's family has been a subject of attention in our area for several years.Todd Powell, Web editor
The Daily Sentinel/GJSentinel.com
[email protected]

So why do some missing persons stories get national attention immediately and others are only talked about through grassroots discussions? If Paige weren't a Cheffer, very few of us would have a clue to say a prayer for her, but other people are on national news all the time as soon as they disappear...

mommyhugz1978 said:
thanks Janet!!!

YW - an old e-mail I used to send messages to my "secret prayer pal" last year...glad it could be of more use. ;)

ivykeep said:
So why do some missing persons stories get national attention immediately and others are only talked about through grassroots discussions? If Paige weren't a Cheffer, very few of us would have a clue to say a prayer for her, but other people are on national news all the time as soon as they disappear...

I have been thinking the same thing. I have the radio on at work and have been wondering if it would be on. I guess there are so many that this happens to it just cannot all be reported on.

jrstephens said:
I have been thinking the same thing. I have the radio on at work and have been wondering if it would be on. I guess there are so many that this happens to it just cannot all be reported on.

I'm also betting, based on what Todd eluded to that since the "FAMILY" has been in the news for years and Paige just divorced the guy in trouble 1 year ago that people there naturally made assumptions that she left her kids and took off with money...we know that people always speculate in these cases and never know the true story...

Sometimes there are people who "make a fuss" (in a good way) and get their loved one's pictures and stories out there. I don't know how many of you remember Laci Petersen (another pregnant murdered woman) a couple of years ago. She was from around here and her mom and dad REFUSED to shut up until their daughter was found. Sadly, it was't the outcome we had all prayed for, but it was national news. I say, "The squeaky wheel gets greased."

<h2>1. What happened to Paige Dixon?</h2><p>Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday. She took a call at 10:00 PM, left her children with the live-in nanny, left the house and has not been seen since.</p><h2>2. What was the condition of her car when it was found?</h2><p>Paige's car was found Sunday night, fully engulfed in flames.</p><h2>3. Have there been any other incidents of burned cars in the area?</h2><p>Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Paige's car might just have been a freaky coincidence, but perhaps not. No one knows.</p><h2>4. Is there any new information from authorities?</h2><p>Several newspaper articles are linked below. The new user, Grande, is affiliated with scaredmonkeys.com, a group dedicated to helping the missing and exploited. He has passed much info to the authorities. There is nothing new so far this morning.</p><h2>5. Was there a prayer vigil held for Paige Dixon?</h2><p>Yes, there was a prayer vigil held last night for Paige Dixon.</p>

Related to for theMorning Shift - What We Know so Far

1. What happened to Paige Dixon?

Paige Dixon has been missing since last Thursday. She took a call at 10:00 PM, left her children with the live-in nanny, left the house and has not been seen since.

2. What was the condition of her car when it was found?

Paige's car was found Sunday night, fully engulfed in flames.

3. Have there been any other incidents of burned cars in the area?

Several cars in the area have been burned in the last few weeks. Paige's car might just have been a freaky coincidence, but perhaps not. No one knows.

4. Is there any new information from authorities?

Several newspaper articles are linked below. The new user, Grande, is affiliated with scaredmonkeys.com, a group dedicated to helping the missing and exploited. He has passed much info to the authorities. There is nothing new so far this morning.

5. Was there a prayer vigil held for Paige Dixon?

Yes, there was a prayer vigil held last night for Paige Dixon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chanddl
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • The_Kitchen_Guy