• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Network Star Episode 8 (7/20/08)

Shane, Kelsey and Lisa in the finals, if Lisa didn't get booted off for being sort of ice-princessy. :blushing:This season is full of surprises!
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
So... are we free to talk about last night's episode?

I'm actually not surprised that they kept all three

It takes the pressure off the judges to make a call and puts the decision in the hands of the people. I gotta say, I'm just not all that sure I'll watch any of them for more than a couple of episodes. Kelsey I would have watched regularly...

What are your thoughts on the episode?

I agree with you, kacey, altho i think their decision was also marketing to keep the series interesting.

after seeing the promo challenge, now i'm more inclined to go with aaron. when he has a chance to rehearse, his personality comes out.

lisa does have some pipes, tho - what a soulful voice! that was nice to see/hear

susanr613 said:
I agree with you, kacey, altho i think their decision was also marketing to keep the series interesting.

after seeing the promo challenge, now i'm more inclined to go with aaron. when he has a chance to rehearse, his personality comes out.

lisa does have some pipes, tho - what a soulful voice! that was nice to see/hear

I personally think it was a bit of a cop-out and after kicking off the public's favorite- which was Kelsey they had to do something to keep it interesting. So I agree with you there on the marketing "ploy"

I did like Aaron's promo- he did great- but there is still something about him that I just don't know- I feel that way about Lisa and Adam as well. Oh well... When I'm on there a few years from now, people will be saying the same thing about me! :)

Of the three left, Aaron is the only one I would watch regularly. I think the judges feel the same way - and since we can't vote this time - and they are - I think they kept Aaron for just that reason. They like him, thats been clear week after week and he pretty much bombed last night. I dont think they wanted that one mistake to send him home, so kept him around for another try.

Lisa - I cant see her cooking anything in 30 minutes and she cant smile and keep her eyes open at the same time - Im being bad but it drives me crazy!

Adam - I could tolerate him, he just hasnt won me over.

I really thought it would be Kelsey, Aaron or Lisa in the finals.

Cindycooks said:
Of the three left, Aaron is the only one I would watch regularly. I think the judges feel the same way - and since we can vote - and they can - I think they kept Aaron for just that reason. They like him, thats been clear week after week and he pretty much bombed last night. I dont think they wanted that one mistake to send him home, so kept him around for another try.

Lisa - I cant see her cooking anything in 30 minutes and she cant smile and keep her eyes open at the same time - Im being bad but it drives me crazy!

Adam - I could tolerate him, he just hasnt won me over.

I really thought it would be Kelsey, Aaron or Lisa in the finals.

I thought it was going to be Shane, Kelsey and Lisa in the finals, if Lisa didn't get booted off for being sort of ice-princessy. :blushing:

This season is full of surprises!

Last season was a waste- Amy Finlay left her show as soon as she could back out of it, and Rory won't even talk to the Food Network- she's so upset that they brought Amy back, when she felt like after JAG backed out that she should have won by default- Which is a bummer because I think Rory would have done well as a Food Network star- even though her shirts were as low cut as Giada's and they already have a Cleavage Diva...she was a sunny personality.

Oh well... Guy is still my most favorite!

I love Guy too - I dont get the Guy bashing. Its everywhere! I love Diners and Dives!

Kacey - you know JAG lives here - he almost burnt down the convention center here in town a couple months ago making a bananas flambe' (sp?). He set off all the smoke alarms at the NC Democratic Convention (LOL). He cooks at a quaint little restaurant downtown and his food is awesome, they do lots of catering too. Karma is biting him in the butt tho.

I like Rory - I didnt know she wouldnt talk to them - I really dont blame her. Wonder if she is still in Texas with her hot cowboy?

Kitchen Diva said:
I thought it was going to be Shane, Kelsey and Lisa in the finals, if Lisa didn't get booted off for being sort of ice-princessy. :blushing:

This season is full of surprises!

Last season was a waste- Amy Finlay left her show as soon as she could back out of it, and Rory won't even talk to the Food Network- she's so upset that they brought Amy back, when she felt like after JAG backed out that she should have won by default- Which is a bummer because I think Rory would have done well as a Food Network star- even though her shirts were as low cut as Giada's and they already have a Cleavage Diva...she was a sunny personality.

Oh well... Guy is still my most favorite!

You could tell how visibly mad Rory was when they announced Amy as the winner. Rory should have definitely won. She was by far the most likeable of them. Season 1 was a waste too!

I don't see the appeal in Aaron at all! I can't stand to watch him. I like Adam but that's more because he's good eye candy. :)

I think this show is fundamentally flawed though, and it explains why they haven't had a breakout star except for Guy, which was just luck on their part. They put them through these challenges, and hold them up to standards that the other network stars don't meet. I'd want to see Sandra Lee participate in some of these challenges and see if they don't tear her apart too. They criticized Jen for not knowing what Udon noodles were -- let's see if Paula Deen would know them too? Don't get me wrong, I love Paula -- just trying to make a point.

leftymac said:
You could tell how visibly mad Rory was when they announced Amy as the winner. Rory should have definitely won. She was by far the most likeable of them. Season 1 was a waste too!

I don't see the appeal in Aaron at all! I can't stand to watch him. I like Adam but that's more because he's good eye candy. :)

I think this show is fundamentally flawed though, and it explains why they haven't had a breakout star except for Guy, which was just luck on their part. They put them through these challenges, and hold them up to standards that the other network stars don't meet. I'd want to see Sandra Lee participate in some of these challenges and see if they don't tear her apart too. They criticized Jen for not knowing what Udon noodles were -- let's see if Paula Deen would know them too? Don't get me wrong, I love Paula -- just trying to make a point.

Seriously? Adam is eye candy!? What is wrong with you boy? I figured you for more of a Kevin Type- his food was all about Amore! LOL

I agree with you on the fact that the show if fundamentally flawed! I know for a fact the other food network stars would not have to know this stuff. And even Alton Brown has said in his behind the scene's episodes that he has an ENTIRE staff that does research for him on each of his shows- so just because someone didn't know what an Udon noodle was- good grief- the only reason Lisa does is because she owns a restaurant and I bet it was another chef that brought that to the menu! Just a guess.

I think they need to run the show more like they did the first season- with more time on camera each week, doing a cooking demo... the challenges are stupid and unless they join the cast of Dinner:Imposible no one is gonna be running around trying to make a Beef Wellington in 1 hour... just isn't realistic!

Can you see Paula Deen or Sandra Lee or Giada running around and answering questions that are so outside their realm of knowledge?

It is still entertaining, and maybe if enough of us write to them and tell them it's flawed, they'll come up with a different premise. It's too much like Top Chef- and it needs to be more about cooking and demo's and show prep and camera presence and less about being pulled up a 4 story wine closet. IMHO

Good to see you on here Keith! Did you see my post about how you remind me of my Old BFF Doug?

Kitchen Diva said:
Seriously? Adam is eye candy!? What is wrong with you boy? I figured you for more of a Kevin Type- his food was all about Amore! LOL

I agree with you on the fact that the show if fundamentally flawed! I know for a fact the other food network stars would not have to know this stuff. And even Alton Brown has said in his behind the scene's episodes that he has an ENTIRE staff that does research for him on each of his shows- so just because someone didn't know what an Udon noodle was- good grief- the only reason Lisa does is because she owns a restaurant and I bet it was another chef that brought that to the menu! Just a guess.

I think they need to run the show more like they did the first season- with more time on camera each week, doing a cooking demo... the challenges are stupid and unless they join the cast of Dinner:Imposible no one is gonna be running around trying to make a Beef Wellington in 1 hour... just isn't realistic!

Can you see Paula Deen or Sandra Lee or Giada running around and answering questions that are so outside their realm of knowledge?

It is still entertaining, and maybe if enough of us write to them and tell them it's flawed, they'll come up with a different premise. It's too much like Top Chef- and it needs to be more about cooking and demo's and show prep and camera presence and less about being pulled up a 4 story wine closet. IMHO

Good to see you on here Keith! Did you see my post about how you remind me of my Old BFF Doug?

I did, and thanks! Doug must be a great guy :)

Oh I was all about some Kevin, too. And Shane!

I'm also all about some Chef Chris, like most people are!

leftymac said:
I did, and thanks! Doug must be a great guy :)

Oh I was all about some Kevin, too. And Shane!

I'm also all about some Chef Chris, like most people are!

Doug was fabulous! One time he told me that he loved me more than his Louis Vutton (I know I didn't spell it right) luggage. Knowing that he could not possibly be making more than me I shouted: YOU HAVE LOUIS VUTTON luggage????!!!!

He broke out laughing and said no- but if he did, he'd love me more!

He also drove from WV where his store was to my store in MD to run it for a week so I could go to my grandma's funeral! We worked for the same clothing store as Store Managers--- he was one of a kind! We took him out to OutBack Steakhouse for supper one night and introduced him to our favorite waiter Gay Steve (don't yell at me, he called himself Gay Steve) Anyway we thought for sure they'd hit it off, they were both very funny, smart and nice- however Dougy thought Gay Steve was too flaming for him!

Anyway, I miss Doug- he was a fierce friend and a wonderful encourager! You don't see that often these days!!

I want Aaron or Adam to win. I just can't stand Lisa! Although a women can change her mind:)!

I really didn't like Guy when he won until he did the last competition and I thought he did great!

I can't wait to see how these 3 do.

pampchefrhondab said:
I want Aaron or Adam to win. I just can't stand Lisa! Although a women can change her mind:)!

I really didn't like Guy when he won until he did the last competition and I thought he did great!

I can't wait to see how these 3 do.

It will be entertaining to say the least!

Related to Food Network Star Episode 8 (7/20/08)

1. What was the theme of the challenge in this episode?

The theme of the challenge was "Summer Blockbuster Movie Meals," where the contestants had to create dishes inspired by popular movies.

2. Who were the guest judges in this episode?

The guest judges were Iron Chef Cat Cora and actress Melissa Joan Hart.

3. Who won the challenge in this episode?

The winner of the challenge was contestant Aaron McCargo Jr., who impressed the judges with his dish inspired by the movie "Jaws."

4. Who was eliminated in this episode?

Contestant Kelsey Nixon was eliminated in this episode after her dish failed to impress the judges.

5. Did any contestants struggle in this episode?

Yes, contestant Lisa Garza struggled with her dish and ended up in the bottom three, but was ultimately safe from elimination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies