• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Chopper - I Think I Ruined It??

In summary, the Food Chopper might have a 5 year warranty, but it is still possible to damage the blades. Candy canes should not be a big deal, but people should use the small ones because it is less work.
kam
Staff member
I used my Food Chopper to chop candy canes. I can't believe I did it. The blade is "jagged" now.

Has anyone else chopped up candy with the food chopper - or it that a big no-no?? I really didn't even think twice before I did it.

By any chance does anyone think this might be covered under warranty??

Thanks!

The Food Chopper has a 5 year guarantee, so do an adjustment and get a new one.

My director chops ice cubes in hers to keep th blades sharp, candy canes shouldn't be a big deal!

Has anyone else had problems with Candy canes? I've had customers ask me if it would work, but I don't want to recommend it if it'll break the chopper.

BTW, I have told customers that they can use it to chop up thier left over Halloween candy to put over ice cream. Hope that works now!

Ice Wrecked my blades

I have done candy canes before. I just recomend that people use the small ones since it is much less work. You should be able to get it exchanged no problem.

I used mine on candy canes last week and it worked just fine!

I have used it for peppermints but they stuck in the blades. I hated it. I would put them in a sealabel bag & use the meat tenderizer to break them.

stacywhitlow said:
I have used it for peppermints but they stuck in the blades. I hated it. I would put them in a sealabel bag & use the meat tenderizer to break them.

That's how I do mine...never even thought of using the food chopper!

I don't know if my food chopper won't chop anything else (haven't tried it yet-I just ruined it a few hours ago), I just know that the blades don't have a smooth edge anymore. It is like the candy bent the edges. Yeah, I just looked at it again - the edges are in bad shape.

Can I do a product adjustment on it if it came in my consultant kit?

Although, since it really chopped the candy canes nicely, I am tempted to keep this one for that purpose only and buy a new one.

My kit enhancement month is in January....but I don't think I can purchase something I got in my kit...

yes, I believe you can do an adjustment on what you got in your kit.

Ugh...sorry that happened! I wouldn't have thought it would hurt the blades, either!

Yes...kit items, free items, sample items, etc....doesn't matter how you paid for them, they are still under warranty.

HO should allow you to wait and send back this one once you receive your new one. Because we are consultants and need our products with us for shows, they will allow this most of the time. If they tell you no, you can always ask to speak to a supervisor....Especially since you could probably still use yours at a show, but really should get it replaced! No reason to pay for a new one, when yours is still under warranty!

I think one question is whether or not you can order a new one during kit enhancement month (Your 4th month). I am not sure. I couldn't find it in the handbook. My thought is that you can't order something you have earned, but you can order something in your kit. Anyone else know for sure.

You can still do an adjustment if you don't want to keep that one and HO will send you a new one.

It is my understanding that you can order 1 of any item in the catalog for a total (of all items) to be $500 retail or less for kit enhancement. It doesn't matter if you've earned the products you order or not. HTH

pamperedtraci said:
It is my understanding that you can order 1 of any item in the catalog for a total (of all items) to be $500 retail or less for kit enhancement. It doesn't matter if you've earned the products you order or not. HTH

That is correct. New consultants get one a few months after starting. Then all consultants have kit enhancement in April. You can order anything you want but only 1. I got my cookware that way. 40% is a great deal!

my mom used hers last christmas, with candy canes and the SAME Thing happened to her!! She got a new one!

New Consultant Kit Enhancement does not include anything that came in the kit. Sorry. from page 10 of the policies:
Note: New Consultants are allowed an additional kit enhancement month in their 4th full month. (If your New Consultant Kit enhancement month would be April, it will be assigned to May instead.) For this kit enhancement,
you may not purchase any items in your original kit.

stacywhitlow said:
This is what I would do too. HO should replace no problem.

Christ Follower said:
Has anyone else had problems with Candy canes? I've had customers ask me if it would work, but I don't want to recommend it if it'll break the chopper.

BTW, I have told customers that they can use it to chop up thier left over Halloween candy to put over ice cream. Hope that works now!

I think as long as it's not frozen it will be fine. I ruined one of mine doing this with frozen snickers bars. The blades were bent & chipped when i finished it still works but is awfully difficult to put back together.
I use this one only at home and have another for shows. It was long past warranty when I did this.

Dilemma...dilemma...

My DH actually is trying to convince me to keep this one and save it for candy and just order a new one for regular use.

The only problem is that I would have to get it at 20% off instead of 40% off. I will think about it today.

The funny thing is that I was testing a recipe for today's show and I am so glad that I discovered this before showing everyone that they could use their food chopper for chopping candy canes!!

Thanks!

I just used mine for candy canes a couple of weeks ago and had no problems.
...It really hurt my hand though! lol

Is it within 30 days of receiving your kit?

Then they should send you a replacement WITHOUT making you send it back!

They did this for me. Of course, I am still waiting for my basting brush. I am glad I did not throw it away as I have a show on Sunday. It's still good enough to use!

Related to Food Chopper - I Think I Ruined It??

1. What should I do if my food chopper is not chopping properly?

If your food chopper is not chopping properly, check to make sure that the blades are sharp and not dull. You can sharpen the blades by running them back and forth against a sharpening stone or honing steel. If the blades are already sharp, try chopping smaller amounts of food at a time and make sure the food is evenly distributed in the chopper.

2. Can I put my food chopper in the dishwasher?

Yes, most of our food choppers are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend checking the product manual or packaging to make sure before placing it in the dishwasher. If you are unsure, it is always best to hand wash the food chopper with warm soapy water and a soft cloth to avoid any potential damage.

3. How do I clean my food chopper?

To clean your food chopper, remove any remaining food particles from the blades and then disassemble the chopper. Wash the blades, lid, and container with warm soapy water and a soft cloth. Dry thoroughly before reassembling. Do not use any abrasive cleaners or steel wool on the blades as this can cause damage.

4. Can I use my food chopper for all types of food?

While our food choppers are designed to chop a variety of foods, there are some foods that are not recommended. Do not use the food chopper for hard foods such as nuts, ice, or bones. Also, avoid using it for sticky foods like honey or gum. These foods can potentially damage the blades or cause the chopper to become clogged.

5. What should I do if I accidentally put my food chopper in the freezer?

If you accidentally put your food chopper in the freezer and the blades become stuck, do not try to force them to move. Allow the chopper to thaw at room temperature before attempting to use it again. If the blades are still stuck after thawing, try running hot water over them to help loosen any ice or frozen food particles. Do not use any sharp objects to try and remove the ice as this can damage the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
AmyR
  • emiscookin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emiscookin
  • ahammons