• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I effectively clean a sticky rubber bottom on my food chopper?

In summary, there are several methods you can try to clean a sticky rubber bottom on a food chopper, such as soaking in warm soapy water, using vinegar, scrubbing with baking soda, using rubbing alcohol, using lemon juice, or running it through the dishwasher. Be sure to rinse and dry thoroughly before using again and consider replacing the rubber bottom if the stickiness persists.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I just had a costumer email me about her food chopper rubber bottom being all sticky and gross ~ any ideas on how to clean it?

Thanks,
Karen

baking soda/water paste?

vinegar?

There are a few different ways you can try to clean the sticky rubber bottom of a food chopper:1. Soak in warm soapy water: Fill a sink or large bowl with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Place the rubber bottom of the food chopper in the water and let it soak for 10-15 minutes. This will help loosen any sticky residue.2. Use vinegar: If the warm soapy water doesn't do the trick, try soaking the rubber bottom in a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar for 10-15 minutes. The acidity of the vinegar can help dissolve any sticky residue.3. Scrub with baking soda: Make a paste of baking soda and water and use it to scrub the sticky areas on the rubber bottom. Baking soda is a natural abrasive and can help remove stickiness.4. Use rubbing alcohol: Soak a cotton ball or cloth in rubbing alcohol and rub it over the sticky areas on the rubber bottom. The alcohol will help dissolve the stickiness.5. Lemon juice: If the stickiness is due to food residue, the acidity in lemon juice can help break it down. Squeeze some lemon juice onto a cloth and use it to scrub the rubber bottom.6. Dishwasher: If the food chopper is dishwasher safe, you can try running it through a cycle in the dishwasher. The hot water and soap should help remove any stickiness.After trying one of these methods, be sure to rinse the rubber bottom thoroughly with warm water and dry it completely before using it again. If the stickiness persists, you may need to replace the rubber bottom.

What can I do to prevent my food chopper's bottom from getting sticky?

To prevent your food chopper's bottom from getting sticky, make sure to thoroughly clean it after each use. Additionally, avoid using it with foods that are high in sugar or sticky in nature. You can also try lightly coating the bottom of the chopper with cooking spray before use.

How do I clean the sticky residue on my food chopper's bottom?

To clean the sticky residue on your food chopper's bottom, soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the residue off. Rinse with clean water and dry thoroughly before using again.

Can I put my food chopper's bottom in the dishwasher?

Yes, most of our food choppers are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the bottom to prevent any potential damage from high heat or harsh dishwasher detergents.

Why does my food chopper's bottom get sticky even after cleaning?

If your food chopper's bottom continues to get sticky even after cleaning, it could be due to a build-up of oils or residue from certain foods. Make sure to thoroughly clean the chopper after each use, and consider using a degreaser or vinegar solution to remove stubborn residue.

Can I use my food chopper's bottom in hot liquids?

No, our food chopper's bottom is not designed to be used in hot liquids. Doing so can cause damage to the chopper and potentially cause injury. Please only use the chopper with cold or room temperature foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Staci