• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fly Lifespan: How Long Do Flies Live and Tips for Getting Rid of Pesky Flies

In summary, the family is having problems with flies and ants. The spouse is trying to eat their lunch and is grossed out. The flies and ants are sneaky and may have been busy all winter while the person was preoccupied.
acrylicjen
:mad: I have a fly in the house that we have all been trying to get all weekend.The thing wont die, wont fly outside, and WONT LEAVE us alone!!! Its driving me nuts.:eek: Staring to think its an industrial strength spy sent by my MIL:p .Any idea on fly life span? anyone? or ideas on how to destroy a cast iron one?:confused:

i thought it was just a few days or a week some thing like that. they are so bad at my mil's everytime you open the door 3 fly in the house. we are having the biggest problems with ants!! good luck!

EEEWWWW:eek:

I HATE FLIES!!!!!!

I bought a Super Swat when it was on the outlet. It is so cute with its little dustpan & tweezers.:rolleyes: I still make DH take care of those things...if he's around. :D

Have you tried spraying him with hairspray....the super freeze stuff?

My late MIL used those sticky strips. I got my hair caught in one I almost hurled in her kitchen:eek: :eek: :eek:
My DH wants me to get those...NO WAY!!!!

Personally, I think they live FOREVER!

This from a zoology website: "Under optimum conditions females houseflies (Musca domestica) can live up to 70 days, males up to 60 days. Larval and pupal stages take about 10 days of these days. Under natural conditions life span is much much shorter down to 1-2 weeks for both sexes." Ugh! They live a lot longer than I thought! We put those sticky strips on the windows (as they see the light and want to get out). Works every time.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I suspect they go dormant, too. Every Spring, I seem to have about three that are the size of a Buick and lumber along like a local freight train. They're easy enough to nail, because they're so slow, but where were they all winter? (Eeeeyeeewwwww!)

I'm trying to eat my lunch. This is gross!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I suspect they go dormant, too. Every Spring, I seem to have about three that are the size of a Buick and lumber along like a local freight train. They're easy enough to nail, because they're so slow, but where were they all winter? (Eeeeyeeewwwww!)
LOL
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What's a picnic without ants and flies?
More pleasant?

They are also very sneaky! It is possible that while you are preoccupied with the main fly, there's another fly at the back of your house letting in all his friends!

Christ Follower said:
They are also very sneaky! It is possible that while you are preoccupied with the main fly, there's another fly at the back of your house letting in all his friends!
ROFLMBO!!!!!

Related to Fly Lifespan: How Long Do Flies Live and Tips for Getting Rid of Pesky Flies

1. How long do flies typically live for?

The lifespan of a fly can vary depending on the species, but on average, house flies can live for about 15-25 days.

2. How long does it take for a fly to reach adulthood?

Flies go through a complete metamorphosis, with an egg, larva, pupa, and adult stage. It usually takes about 7-10 days for a fly to reach adulthood.

3. Can flies live longer than a month?

Some species of flies, such as fruit flies, can live for up to 2 months. However, the average lifespan of a fly is much shorter.

4. Do flies have a shorter lifespan in colder temperatures?

Yes, flies are cold-blooded insects and their metabolism slows down in colder temperatures, causing their lifespan to decrease.

5. How long can flies survive without food?

Flies can survive for a few days without food, but they need a constant source of water to survive. Without water, they can only survive for a few hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
luvs2sellit
Back