• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flavored Oils - I Can't Believe This Worked

In summary, Robyn shared her recipe for savory and sweet dips using flavored oils, and Keith shared a tip for using these oils at shows.
raebates
Staff member
I've been taking the new sauces to shows and pouring them over a halved brick of cream cheese (each over a half). Today I forgot the sauces--left them right on my kitchen table. I had already cut the cream cheese in half, so I tried to think of something quick. I already had two savory dips and two sweet dips ready*.

Without giving it too much thought, I grabbed both flavored oils. I poured just a smidge of each over the halves. I had Ritz(R) crackers to go with it. Huge hit! People were amazed. Heck, I was amazed. Gotta love those PC oils.

*The savory dips I'm doing are just 8 oz each of sour cream and mayonnaise. I divide that in half and mix about 2 T seasoning into each half. Right now I'm doing Southwestern Seasoning Mix and Parmesan Garlic Dipping Oil Seasoning. I serve those with pretzels.

The sweet dip is a brick of cream cheese mixed with a container of marshmallow creme. I divide the mixture in half and mix Sweet Sprinkles into each. Caramel and Mocha Hazelnut are the ones I'm using right now. I'm serving those with graham sticks, animal crackers, or vanilla wafers. The Furry Guy loves it with banana chips.

Thanks for sharing!!

WOW! Sounds Great! thanks for sharing....

raebates said:
I've been taking the new sauces to shows and pouring them over a halved brick of cream cheese (each over a half). Today I forgot the sauces--left them right on my kitchen table. I had already cut the cream cheese in half, so I tried to think of something quick. I already had two savory dips and two sweet dips ready*.

Without giving it too much thought, I grabbed both flavored oils. I poured just a smidge of each over the halves. I had Ritz(R) crackers to go with it. Huge hit! People were amazed. Heck, I was amazed. Gotta love those PC oils.

*The savory dips I'm doing are just 8 oz each of sour cream and mayonnaise. I divide that in half and mix about 2 T seasoning into each half. Right now I'm doing Southwestern Seasoning Mix and Parmesan Garlic Dipping Oil Seasoning. I serve those with pretzels.

The sweet dip is a brick of cream cheese mixed with a container of marshmallow creme. I divide the mixture in half and mix Sweet Sprinkles into each. Caramel and Mocha Hazelnut are the ones I'm using right now. I'm serving those with graham sticks, animal crackers, or vanilla wafers. The Furry Guy loves it with banana chips.

Thanks for this tip involving the oils. I want to go try it now! I also love how you can tell you're an experienced member on this board -- you went and elaborated on your sweet and savory dips, because you knew you'd get a million posts asking what they were! ;)

One of the best things about this site is how much everyone shares their ideas. There is never a "secret ingredient" missing!

Yeah, Keith, I've been here a while. Notice the tutti fruity star? Robyn, one of the best things about PC in general is the willingness of so many people to share. I've done other direct sales and never encountered so much cooperation and generosity.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

and your necessity benefits us all! Thanks for sharing, Rae...

1. How do I use flavored oils?

Flavored oils can be used in a variety of ways, such as drizzling over salads, dipping breads, marinating meats, or adding a burst of flavor to cooked vegetables. The possibilities are endless!

2. Can I cook with flavored oils?

Yes, you can cook with flavored oils as long as the oil has a high smoke point. This means it can withstand high heat without burning. Olive oil, for example, has a low smoke point and is not recommended for cooking at high temperatures.

3. Are flavored oils healthy?

It depends on the type of oil and the ingredients used to flavor it. Generally, oils high in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, such as olive oil, are considered healthy. However, it's important to use flavored oils in moderation and to check the nutrition label for any added sugars or artificial ingredients.

4. How should I store flavored oils?

Flavored oils should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help maintain their freshness and prevent them from going rancid. It's also a good idea to use them within a few months of opening for optimal flavor.

5. Can I make my own flavored oil at home?

Yes, you can easily make your own flavored oil at home using herbs, spices, and fruits. Simply infuse the ingredients in a neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed oil, for a few days before straining and using. Just make sure to properly sterilize your materials to avoid any potential food safety risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chef cathy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC