• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flat Top Elec Stoves....help...

something like "Cleaning Magic." It sounds like something you might want to try. Unfortunately, I don't think that it would work on a pan with a non-stick coating.I would try the Cleaning Magic.
lizcooks4u
My best friend purchased the Exec Saute pan from me, but nothing spills over, however the pan leaves awful marks on her flat top stop. Her stove obviously is an elec.

Any ideas? Suggestions???

Thanks in Advance;

Liz

please also email: [email protected]

Hi Liz, I have a glass top...I guess that's what you are referring to. What kind of marks? If they are scratches, it is from dragging the pan across the glass top. If it is black marks I would have her check the bottom of her pan before she puts it on her stove. I have several pieces and I don't have any probs. HTH at least a little. Valky

stove top
yummy4tummy said:
Hi Liz, I have a glass top...I guess that's what you are referring to. What kind of marks? If they are scratches, it is from dragging the pan across the glass top. If it is black marks I would have her check the bottom of her pan before she puts it on her stove. I have several pieces and I don't have any probs. HTH at least a little. Valky

I'm not sure what you call these, I've seen them, it's where it's flat and she's got to be very, very careful when cleaning it up. I think only soap/water.

She said it's not stuff spilling over, but sounds like black marks made by the pan?? Otherwise she absolutely loves the pan and wishes to order a larger one :)

thanks

Sounds like there is something burned onto the bottom of her pan.

I have a flat top stove, and this happens alot when there is something on the bottom of the pan, or if the stove is too hot and things spill over. I use Ceramabright to clean it and it leaves it sparkling clean.

Not to hijack the thread - but does anyone know how the double burner griddle works on the flat top stoves? Does the pan heat evenly?

strasfamily said:
I have a flat top stove, and this happens alot when there is something on the bottom of the pan, or if the stove is too hot and things spill over. I use Ceramabright to clean it and it leaves it sparkling clean.

Not to hijack the thread - but does anyone know how the double burner griddle works on the flat top stoves? Does the pan heat evenly?

Yes, it works great!! I have the executive griddle!!

With the glass flat top stoves you need to first scrape it with a razer knife, then clean it with Ceramabright comes out good as new!!

If you read the directions for these ceramic top stoves, you'll find that your pan should not be bigger than the burner or it could leave a mark. (I've either read this on P-Chef info or heard it throught he P-chef grapevine) When customers are looking at the family size skillet I ask them what type of stove they have and explain to those with the glass tops that this could happen. I don't think it's stopped anyone from purchasing this pan and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I had a flat stove in my old house, and you do need to be careful with the old cloth oven mitts/pads. I threw mine on top of my stove once. It was off, but still hot. There's now a big dark brown scorch mark on the oven pad (I caught it because it started smelling funny).

I use Bar Keepers Friend to clean anything that spills over when cooking. You might need to make a paste and leave on for a few minutes if it is burnt on, then scrub off with a non abrasive pad. Just make sure you always clean your stove top each time after cooking to keep your stove and pans looking new. Plus it's so much easier to clean when kept up. Yes, if you push your pans across your stove you will end up with marks and scratches.
Try using Bar Keepers Friend for the marks too. This stuff is great for all kinds of things you need to clean.

Ok, here's my problem...I have a flat top stove and the PC cookware. My BF (I cringe whenever he touches my PC stuff!!) used one of my pans on a burner that something had previously spilled on before we (I) got the spill cleaned up. Now my almost brand new PC pan has a dark black mark on the bottom. I've washed it repeatedly and it has lightened but is still visible...any ideas on what I should do? (Other than beat the BF with pan!!)

My recruiter used to use a cleanser made specifically for anodized aluminum cookware. It was a Martha Stewart product, available (I think) at K-Mart. I haven't tried it, but she swore by the stuff. That might help get the dark mark off the bottom of your pan.

Thanks, Ann...I'll try looking for that!

Related to Flat Top Elec Stoves....help...

What is a flat top electric stove?

A flat top electric stove, also known as a smooth top or glass top stove, is a type of electric range that has a flat cooking surface made of glass-ceramic. This surface is typically easier to clean and more modern-looking than traditional coil burners.

Do I need special cookware for a flat top electric stove?

Yes, you will need specific cookware for a flat top electric stove. It is recommended to use flat-bottomed pots and pans made of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, or copper. Avoid using cast iron, stoneware, or glass cookware as they can scratch the surface of the stove.

Can I use high heat on a flat top electric stove?

It is not recommended to use high heat on a flat top electric stove as it can cause damage to the glass surface and potentially crack it. It is best to use medium to low heat settings for cooking on this type of stove.

How do I clean a flat top electric stove?

Cleaning a flat top electric stove is relatively easy. Once the stove has cooled down, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth or sponge to wipe away any spills or residue. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the glass surface.

Why is my flat top electric stove not heating up?

There could be a few reasons why your flat top electric stove is not heating up. It could be due to a malfunctioning heating element, a faulty control panel, or a tripped circuit breaker. It is best to contact a professional for repairs if the issue persists after troubleshooting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jasonmva
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jasonmva
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies