• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing an Old Spatula: Jane's Plea for Help

In summary, to restore a rusty spatula, create a paste with baking soda and water, apply it to the rusted areas, and scrub it off after 15-20 minutes. It is not safe to use a rusty spatula as it can transfer rust particles onto food. Vinegar can also be used to remove rust. To prevent rust in the future, dry the spatula thoroughly and avoid leaving it in water or exposing it to heat. It is not safe to use a spatula with cracks or breaks and it is best to replace it with a new one.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Hi,
I had a booth last weekend, and a lady who stopped by has a large spatula (old style and past the guarantee period) that has come apart from the hadle. Does anyone know of a way to fix this????
Thanks,
Jane :)

Get her to book a show and give her a new one if she does!

She can try to super glue it or just buy a new one!

I have had 2 of these returns over the past 3 years...I think sometimes the handle gets dried out (the plastic) and cracks. The ones I have seen were not repairable...one was under warranty, and one was WAY OLD. I guess if the handle just slid off the spatula, you could put some epoxy glue in there and shove the spatula back in there. But, the ones I have seen didn't do that...the handle kindof broke OFF.

Hi Jane,I'm sorry to hear about your spatula coming apart from the handle. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team for assistance. They may be able to provide you with a replacement or suggest a way to fix it. You can contact them at 1-800-342-2433 or through our website. Thank you for your support of Pampered Chef and we hope to help you resolve this issue soon.Best,

Related to Fixing an Old Spatula: Jane's Plea for Help

1. How can I restore the rusty surface of my old spatula?

To restore the rusty surface of your old spatula, start by mixing equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste. Use a soft cloth or sponge to apply the paste onto the rusted areas of the spatula. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing it off with a non-abrasive pad. Rinse the spatula with warm water and dry it thoroughly.

2. Is it safe to use a rusty spatula?

No, it is not safe to use a rusty spatula as it can transfer small particles of rust onto your food, which can be harmful if ingested. It is important to clean and restore the spatula before using it again.

3. Can I use vinegar to remove rust from my spatula?

Yes, you can use vinegar to remove rust from your spatula. Soak the rusty area in white vinegar for 30 minutes, then use a cloth or sponge to scrub off the rust. Rinse the spatula with warm water and dry it thoroughly before using it again.

4. How do I prevent my spatula from rusting in the future?

To prevent your spatula from rusting in the future, make sure to dry it thoroughly after each use. You can also apply a thin layer of cooking oil onto the surface of the spatula before storing it. Additionally, avoid leaving the spatula in water or exposing it to high heat, as these can also contribute to rust formation.

5. Can I still use my old spatula if it has cracks or breaks?

No, it is not safe to use a spatula that has cracks or breaks as it can easily break further and potentially cause injury. It is best to replace the spatula with a new one to ensure safe and effective use in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janej76
  • Products and Tips
Replies