• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Recruit: How Do Help Her to Have the Best Possilbe Start?

or they are dropped from the program.My director does a lot of training over the phone and sets up weekly 1:1 calls with her team members who want coaching. She also provides helpful documents and tips. As for my downlines, they are coached through weekly calls and emails.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
First Recruit: How to help her to have the best possible start?Hey all!

I'm so excited to announce that I have my first recruit!! :D

She is super excited and already has 1 show booked and at the beginning of March with a few others lined up though the dates aren't finalized yet.

What words of advice do you have (or is there a check off list) for getting her off to a great start?

So far all I have given her is the the new consultant brochure that explains the first 90 days and the commission levels. We are still waiting on her kit...

My list so far...

1. Invite to cluster meetings
2. Invite her to come to my shows (I'm at least coming to her 1st one)
3. We could get together and play with the recipe that she would like to do for her first show
4. Guest folders??

Ideas?? I want to let her know she is totally supported without overwhelming her. TIA :)

Last edited:
Make sure she has her first two months booked. Your director is responsible for training her,so the rest is up to her.

Honestly,I love my director, but I don't feel like she trained me very well. I remember feeling very frustrated because I didn't have the support that I needed. I just don't want that to happen to her. I hope to be a director and want to keep her on my team.

Tristen, that's a great idea to go to her first show with her. Especially at check-out, both my recruits were thankful for the help with that.

If she can qualify within her first 30 days, she can get 3 pieces of forged cutlery free!
https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/rp_08jan_feb_recruit.pdf

This is an awesome deal - coach her towards it. All she needs is either $1250 in sales or 4 shows (minimum $150 guest sales each show) to qualify.

Kay,Definitely, she is very excited about that! :D

Sounds like you are off to a great start with her already. I know my director called me after each of my shows for the first few shows just to see how they went. She also called me weekly to make sure things were going well. Her and a few other directors in the area did training calls every Sunday. Talked about bookings, recruiting, product knowledge, etc. I think it was 6 weeks worth of calls. Let her know you are there for her as much as she needs. I liked having my director at my first show although I didn't need her and I went to three shows of hers. She brought a lap top to her shows so she had me using PP when checking the guests out so I could learn it hands on.

Excellent, if she already knows about the forged cutlery promo, that should fire her up.

Other than that, I'd tell her to get ready for the onslaught of new product and make room in her kitchen cupboards & set aside places for PC paperwork.

ETA - if you search the files, there are some checklists in there, but I think making room for all the new stuff is the first step. Oh, and get a debit card & install P3 if she has a PC.

There's a checklist in the files that lists some things new recruits can do while they wait for their kit - things like book more shows, open a bank account and apply for a PC debit card, etc. It's a good place to start so they get those things done before the kit comes and they start playing with the tools.Congrats! Now go find another so you can be a Future Director!

You can order the "Guide to Supporting New Consultants" on the supply order. I am finding that helpful in guiding my newest recruit.

DebbieJ said:
Make sure she has her first two months booked.

Your director is responsible for training her,so the rest is up to her.
Hmm, interesting... I never really thought about it this way. My Director lives out of state and I emailed her daily when I had questions but I was pretty self motivated and driven.

I have helped my two recruits who live in town, giving them documents and helpful tips and walked them through entering shows, went to their first show, met with them as much as they wanted to answer questions. And guide them to do online traning courses and watch live shows as much as they can.

How do you train your out of state recruits? Just curious? And what about your downlines recruits?

I do a lot of training over the phone. I set up weekly 1:1 calls with my team members who want coaching, although all team members in their first 90 days MUST have weekly calls with me. I plan on setting up weekly calls with their recruits, too (when they start recruiting--one of my gals has an interview tonight!) It doesn't matter where they live--we all have phones! :) I will include my first line however they want to be included in all training of their team members but I don't want them to have to feel they HAVE to do it when they are just trying to build their businesses themselves. I've attached the checklist I give to new recruits. I think I got it here and then tweaked it.

Attachments

• New Consultant Checklist.doc
    56 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
Thanks Deb, actualy I found something similar on here and used that with them too! ;)

DebbieJ said:
I do a lot of training over the phone. I set up weekly 1:1 calls with my team members who want coaching, although all team members in their first 90 days MUST have weekly calls with me. I plan on setting up weekly calls with their recruits, too (when they start recruiting--one of my gals has an interview tonight!) It doesn't matter where they live--we all have phones! :) I will include my first line however they want to be included in all training of their team members but I don't want them to have to feel they HAVE to do it when they are just trying to build their businesses themselves.

I've attached the checklist I give to new recruits. I think I got it here and then tweaked it.
Great checklist, Deb! I like it better than the one I tweaked and send to new consultants. I like the one about programming your number into their phone! Great idea because I've found when many of my consultants are new, they want to utilize me as needed and in many of those chats (or emails as the case may be) we cover much of what the Guide to Supporting New Consultants outlines. I would like things are little more uniform and scheduled, but some of my consultants just aren't up for that. How do you handle that situation, Deb?

ETA: I guess I can offer it up and it's their choice if they want to take advantage of my training, I suppose. :)

There's a great script on the first or second page of the Guide that gives you words to say to set up the appts.

Thanks Debbie!

That is exactly what I was looking for! That is quite a list - you don't find your new consultants overwhelmed when you give it to them?

Thanks again! :)

Great checklist, Deb - thanks! :)

1. What is the best way to support my first recruit?

The best way to support your first recruit is to provide them with clear expectations and guidance. This includes setting goals, explaining the company's culture and values, and offering training and resources to help them succeed.

2. How can I help my first recruit feel comfortable and welcome?

To help your first recruit feel comfortable and welcome, make sure to introduce them to the team and provide opportunities for them to get to know their coworkers. Also, be sure to communicate openly and make yourself available for any questions or concerns they may have.

3. What are some common challenges that first recruits face?

Some common challenges that first recruits may face include learning the job and company processes, adapting to a new work environment, and building relationships with coworkers. They may also experience some pressure to perform well and meet expectations.

4. How can I help my first recruit adjust to their new role?

You can help your first recruit adjust to their new role by providing them with a mentor or buddy who can offer support and answer any questions they may have. Additionally, it is important to give them constructive feedback and recognize their progress to boost their confidence and motivation.

5. What should I do if my first recruit is struggling?

If your first recruit is struggling, it is important to address the issue as soon as possible. Schedule a meeting to discuss their concerns and offer support and resources to help them improve. It may also be helpful to provide additional training or adjust their workload if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • pamlevy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef