• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Girl Scout Camp Away: My 7-Year-Old's Big Step | Parenting Struggles

In summary, Kristen's 7 year old daughter is going to Girl Scout Camp for the weekend. She is not nervous and is just ready to take whatever comes. Her 11 year old son is starting to go off to playdates without her and her 10 year old son is nervous about it but is still a brave mother.
Chefstover2
She's only 7 but I just dropped her off at Girl Scout Camp for the weekend...her first extended sleep-away that wasn't with family. I can't get over how calm she was, not nervous at all, just ready to take whatever comes.

I was a basket case after I left...anyone else going thru this?

my daughter is 12 and I definitely went through that
I still go through it with her first EVERYTHING

I remember the first time I had her walk to the YMCA (2 blocks) from school for the first time. I was an absolute wreck. My boyfriend actually went and drove nearby to watch and make sure she was ok. It was so funny - well now it is

ok, aug 22 2007 I dropped my twin girls off at college, I have been SAD all year!!!
I am so empty! Don't let this happen to you!!

I still get weepy when I drop my kids at a camp (and a little when I dropped DD at college Aug. 30 2007) - Heck - I cried on the last day of school, my DS moving up ceremony, last game of the season.... Just a big cry baby I am!

My kids are only two, but I got misty when we moved them into big kid beds this past week. I can only IMAGINE what I'll feel like when they start going on overnight campouts and stuff like that without me. I'll be a mess! Hang in there though...think of all the exciting things she'll have to tell you when she gets back home.

Oy vey!!!
My oldest is just about to turn 10 and I have only just begin letting him go to playdates at friends' houses without me there!
I am WAY overprotective!
My heart is hurting for your Kristen!!
You're a much braver Mommy than I!!

Don't laugh at me -- I know your kids are all older than mine and you have been through this :blushing: -- but I'm a first-time mommy and my little girl just turned 6 months old this week. I keep wondering where the time has gone. We had her pictures made yesterday, and oh my goodness how much she has changed. We look at her newborn pictures and compare them to now, and get all teary. I know there are a lot of milestones and firsts she will have, and I'm telling you now I will cry at every one of them. My hubby knows he's just gonna have to put up with the waterworks. Good thing he's so patient and caring. :)

hollye44 said:
Don't laugh at me -- I know your kids are all older than mine and you have been through this :blushing: -- but I'm a first-time mommy and my little girl just turned 6 months old this week. I keep wondering where the time has gone. We had her pictures made yesterday, and oh my goodness how much she has changed. We look at her newborn pictures and compare them to now, and get all teary. I know there are a lot of milestones and firsts she will have, and I'm telling you now I will cry at every one of them. My hubby knows he's just gonna have to put up with the waterworks. Good thing he's so patient and caring. :)

I totally understand...I store all of my kids' photos that I take each month with my digital camera online at Shutterfly, and I have each month in a separate album, dating all the way back to the month they were born. Each month when I upload the new album, I can't resist going back and looking at some of the earlier ones...they just grow up way too fast. I can't imagine their first day of school, but I know that stock in Kleenex will soar that day. :)

sklay723 said:
I totally understand...I store all of my kids' photos that I take each month with my digital camera online at Shutterfly, and I have each month in a separate album, dating all the way back to the month they were born. Each month when I upload the new album, I can't resist going back and looking at some of the earlier ones...they just grow up way too fast. I can't imagine their first day of school, but I know that stock in Kleenex will soar that day. :)

When my 9yo went off to his first day of preschool, I was pregnant with my now 6 year old. I dropped son #1 off at preschool and spent the next 2 hours wandering the aisles of Toys R Us buying him everything in sight! LOL

When son #2 when off to preschool, I stalked him thru the window of the classroom for an hour beore I went off to Office Max and buried my sorrows in office supplies for me and school supplies for him - LOL

God help me when they go off to college <faint>:yuck:

Related to First Girl Scout Camp Away: My 7-Year-Old's Big Step | Parenting Struggles

1. What is "First Girl Scout Camp Away" about?

"First Girl Scout Camp Away" is a personal essay written by a parent about their 7-year-old daughter's first sleepaway camp experience with the Girl Scouts.

2. What are some of the struggles the parent faces in the essay?

The parent shares their struggles with letting go and allowing their child to gain independence, as well as dealing with their own fears and anxieties about their child being away from home.

3. How does the essay address the topic of growth and development for the child?

The essay highlights how the Girl Scout camp experience allows the child to grow and develop new skills, independence, and confidence through various activities and interactions with other campers.

4. Is this essay relatable for parents of young children?

Yes, this essay is relatable for parents of young children who are going through similar experiences of letting go and watching their child grow and become more independent.

5. How does the essay showcase the positive impact of the Girl Scouts organization?

The essay showcases how the Girl Scouts organization provides a supportive and empowering environment for young girls to learn and grow, as well as fostering important values such as teamwork, leadership, and self-confidence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jst4467
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
koima
  • GeorgiaPeach