• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Right Hospitality Director: Tips and Advice from a Recruiter

In summary, a good hospitality director should possess leadership skills, strong communication abilities, and a passion for customer service. They should also have experience in team management, budgeting, and problem-solving. To attract top talent for this position, offer competitive compensation and benefits, have a clear job description, and establish a strong employer brand. During the hiring process, watch out for red flags such as lack of experience or enthusiasm, difficulty communicating, and a history of job changes or conflicts. While industry experience can be beneficial, it's not always necessary as transferable skills and a strong work ethic can also lead to success as a hospitality director. Effective ways to onboard and train a new director include providing a thorough orientation, introducing them to key team members,
angmillar
How would I go about finding a hospitality director?

My recruiter just left the island, and we both thought I had a hospitality director. She had sent my info to her hospitality director, and forwarded messages from her to me. She asked that director that I be informed of meetings, etc. I have heard NOTHING from her. I know they have had monthly meetings, but I don't get invited.

To make a long story short, I think she may have ill feelings towards me. I actually did a small catalog show through her a couple of weeks before I signed on to be a consultant. I had planned on doing a good show, but after I received my materials for my catty show, I started feeling really guilty about not doing my show through this other consultant, who was my neighbor. So, I decided to do a small catty show (since I had already committed), then booked another show through my neighbor. Then, my neighbor actually recruited me. =)

So, anyway, I know of another director here. Should I contact her myself, or ask my recruiter or my director to help me?

Thanks.

From the sounds of what is going on, I w ould reach out to another director or have your director call HO for you and find you a director.

I can HIGHLY recommend my friend Director, Amy Melville who is in my cluster here in NC but stationed in Okinawa right now - Marine wife. She is in Chicago at the moment for Wave2 conference. She is wonderful. Her email is:
[email protected]

Good Luck! She learned from the best with our great Directors here!

Great, thanks ladies!!

What qualities should I look for in a hospitality director?

A good hospitality director should have strong leadership skills, excellent communication abilities, and a passion for providing exceptional customer service. They should also have experience in managing a team, budgeting, and problem-solving.

How can I attract top talent for a hospitality director position?

To attract top talent, you should offer competitive compensation and benefits, have a clear job description outlining the responsibilities and expectations, and have a strong employer brand. Networking and utilizing recruiting agencies can also help you reach qualified candidates.

What are some red flags to watch out for during the hiring process?

Some red flags to watch out for include a lack of experience or enthusiasm for the role, difficulty communicating and collaborating with others, and a history of frequent job changes or conflicts with previous employers.

How important is industry experience in a hospitality director?

Industry experience can be beneficial as it provides knowledge and understanding of the field and its specific challenges. However, it's not always necessary as transferable skills and a strong work ethic can also make for a successful hospitality director.

What are some effective ways to onboard and train a new hospitality director?

To effectively onboard and train a new hospitality director, provide them with a thorough orientation to the company and its culture, introduce them to key team members and stakeholders, and provide ongoing training and mentorship opportunities. It's also helpful to establish clear goals and expectations from the start.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cathyskitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ardipc
  • pcchefjane