• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Perfect Song for a Christmas Movie for Grandparents

In summary, a person is making a movie of pictures for their grandparents for Christmas and is looking for a song about kids that isn't slow and sappy. Suggestions include Tim McGraw's "Like a Bird I Sing," the girls from "O' Brother" singing in the highways, Jimmy Durante singing "It's a Wonderful World," Louis Armstrong's version of the same song, "We Are Family," "I Hope You Dance," "I'll Stand by You," "All You Need is Love," "You've Got a Friend," "Thank God For Kids" by the Oakridge Boys, "Let Them Be Little" by Billy Dean, "This One's For The Girls" by Martina McBride, and "Baby
Chef_2_Four
I am making a movie of pictures for the grandparents for Christmas. I need a song about kids that isn't slow and sappy. Any suggestions? I have Tim McGraws like a bird I sing and the girls from O' brother singing in the highways.

thanks!

Jimmy Durante (???) singing "It's a Wonderful World"

I had someone giving their grandparents about 5 years ago something like that for their anniversary, It had pictures of their children when they were young - grandchildren and even great grandchildren. They had it on a big screen at the hotel ballroom, it brought tears to everyone.

~

We are Family
I Hope You Dance
I''ll Stand by You
All You Need is Love
You've Got a Friend

whiteyteresa said:
Jimmy Durante (???) singing "It's a Wonderful World"
Louis Armstrong

chefann said:
Louis Armstrong

One of my all time favorite songs! I love the sound of his voice!

My favorite is "Thank God For Kids" by the Oakridge Boys!!!

Thanks guys! We are putting these on DVD so they can be shown on the computer or TV. I am currently making one for my dad, mom & stepdad. There aren't many pics of the inlaws b/c I don't want to be like haha they get to see them everyday towards them. So any pics I have of my family with the kids are in it. I will make a seperate one with more pics of my inlaws and a little girl my MIL pretty much raised for them.
thanks again for the input!!

Kind of slow, but I love the song Let Them Be Little by Billy Dean
or for the girls This One's For The Girls by Martina McBride (not slow).

"Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant! I still sometimes dance around with my 3 yr old and sing that to him. It's about the only time he'll let me call him baby these days!:rolleyes:

Related to Finding the Perfect Song for a Christmas Movie for Grandparents

1. How do I choose a Christmas song that will resonate with grandparents?

When choosing a Christmas song for grandparents, consider their musical preferences and memories associated with the holiday season. Songs that were popular during their youth or ones that have sentimental lyrics are great options. You can also ask them for their favorite Christmas songs to get an idea of what they enjoy.

2. Is it better to choose a classic Christmas song or a newer one?

This ultimately depends on the theme and tone of the movie. If it is a traditional or nostalgic film, a classic Christmas song may be more fitting. However, if the movie has a more modern or upbeat feel, a newer Christmas song may be a better choice. It's important to consider the overall message and mood of the movie when selecting a song.

3. Can I use any Christmas song for a movie without permission?

No, you must obtain the proper licensing and permissions to use any copyrighted Christmas song in a movie. This can typically be done through a music licensing company or by contacting the song's publisher directly. It's important to ensure all legal requirements are met to avoid any copyright infringement issues.

4. Should I use instrumental or vocal versions of Christmas songs?

Again, this depends on the tone and theme of the movie. Instrumental versions of Christmas songs can add a nice background ambiance to a scene, while vocal versions can enhance the emotions and storytelling. Consider the specific scene and how the song will enhance the overall impact.

5. How important is it to have a Christmas song in a Christmas movie for grandparents?

A Christmas movie without a Christmas song may feel incomplete for many viewers, especially for grandparents who likely have a strong emotional connection to holiday music. However, the song should complement the movie and not feel forced. If the movie has a strong storyline and message, the absence of a Christmas song may not be as noticeable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jillybill
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates