• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find the Perfect Chocolate Wafers for Homemade Holiday Napoleons!

In summary, the grocery store did not have chocolate wafers. They were found near all the ice cream toppings, not with the cookies. Depending on the store, they may be expensive. They are usually on the top shelf near the non-kid cookies.
peichef
I could not get chocolate wafers at my grocery store. (For the Homemade for the Holidays Choc. Rasp. napoleans).

What brands have you found / used?? My store will order products in, but I need to have a brand to suggest...

TIA & Happy Canadian Thanksgiving :)

I found mine near all the ice cream toppings, not with the cookies. I think they were Nabisco.

That's where I've seen them, too, at several different grocery chains.

Great question, I could not find them either. Deb what kind of store did you go to?

There was a file on here somewhere with a pic of the box, the minute you see it you'll know what you are looking for. I'll try & find a picture.

Hope this works....

Attachments

• chocolate wafers.jpg
    chocolate wafers.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 306
I couldn't find them either, but I ended up using Chocolate Graham Crackers and they worked great. I also only made one layer; I thought making more layers would be too difficult to eat.

Here's another thing DH and I did: We turned this recipe into parfaits by using a wine glass and crumbling up the chocolate graham crackers and layering with the raspberry mousse and raspberries. Talk about a decadent dessert!!

wadesgirl said:
Great question, I could not find them either. Deb what kind of store did you go to?

Jewel/Albertson's.

DebbieJ said:
Jewel/Albertson's.

Hmm... we used to have Albertson's around here! I'll just have to look around some more. There was a recipe in Cooking for Two or More than I had wanted to try but couldn't find these before.

Ginger428 said:
Hope this works....

That's them!! And they aren't cheap either!! They are sometimes squished in my grocery store among all the cookie and cracker choices.

That's the kind we have too (I only know because I use them to make rum balls every Christmas). They are usually on the top shelf near the non-kid cookies...like shortbread.

LOL...If anyone wants to know, I got the pic off Amazon!! Didn't look at the price, maybe they're cheaper...;)

hollye44 said:
I couldn't find them either, but I ended up using Chocolate Graham Crackers and they worked great. I also only made one layer; I thought making more layers would be too difficult to eat.

Here's another thing DH and I did: We turned this recipe into parfaits by using a wine glass and crumbling up the chocolate graham crackers and layering with the raspberry mousse and raspberries. Talk about a decadent dessert!!

Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

thanks for the picture. I knew what I was looking for, but the poor guy at the store... he was bringing me all sorts of other potential cookie candidates. At least now I can give him a product name so they can order them for me.
Thanks guys :)

1. What type of chocolate wafers should I use for homemade holiday Napoleons?

For the best results, we recommend using dark chocolate wafers. They have a rich and intense flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients in Napoleons.

2. Can I use milk chocolate wafers instead of dark chocolate?

While you can use milk chocolate wafers, keep in mind that they will result in a sweeter and less intense flavor. If you prefer a more subtle chocolate taste, milk chocolate wafers may be a good option.

3. Where can I find chocolate wafers for Napoleons?

You can find chocolate wafers at most grocery stores in the baking aisle. You can also purchase them online or at specialty baking stores.

4. How many chocolate wafers do I need for one batch of Napoleons?

This will depend on the size of your Napoleons. Generally, you will need about 2-3 wafers per Napoleon. We recommend purchasing a few extra just in case.

5. Can I make my own chocolate wafers for Napoleons?

While it is possible to make your own chocolate wafers, we recommend using store-bought ones for convenience and consistent results. However, if you have a tried and true homemade recipe, feel free to use that instead!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
  • Jess_K