• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Inspiration for Your 8g iPod Nano: Programs, Shows, and Podcast Ideas!

In summary, the conversation revolved around the different types of iPods and how they are used. The participants shared their own experiences and preferences for the content they have on their devices, including music, podcasts, and conference recordings. One person also mentioned using their iPod for workouts and another expressed interest in training for a mini-triathlon. The topic of ripping DVDs to iTunes for movie watching on the iPod was also brought up.
SilverCeladon
I got a new 8g Ipod Nano for Christmas and I need some ideas! I think mine will be geared more for programs, shows, and podcasts. What do you have on yours? I think it would be fun to compare and I also could get some great ideas!:thumbup:

cool!

I have a 30GB second generation that's about 60% full. It's not video-capable, so that's all sound files (music and PC recordings). I've got 5 years of Conference recordings on it. :) I also have a 1GB Shuffle that has music on it. But because the capacity is so small, I swap things around when I fill it.

DH has an iPhone. He has some music on it (swaps it out, since it doesn't hold nearly as much as his iTunes library has), but he also uses it for movies with the commentary track. We have some movies on DVD that we've never watched with commentary, so he rips them to iTunes and puts them on the phone so he can watch them when he's got time here and there. His 2 iPods are non-video, so they're full of music (40GB second gen, 8GB mini).

Look at you Miss Ipod! I'm still learning as I go. I would have never gotten one but we did a Christmas exchange at my MIL's and I got one so now I'm determined to figure it out!

I have PC Conference recordings on mine too. Then I swap in and out books on tape. I like to listen to people talking vs. music when I work out. Takes my mind off the fact that I am working out! Occasionally I'll put on my music files if I'm going to play music at a party or something from it.

I want an Ipod :( I'm getting my mac book in January/February and figured I would ask for an Ipod for my bday in August. That's too long to wait though! Maybe I'll fit an extra show in and make it a good one to put towards my Ipod. That's what I love about this business.

finley1991 said:
I have PC Conference recordings on mine too. Then I swap in and out books on tape. I like to listen to people talking vs. music when I work out. Takes my mind off the fact that I am working out! Occasionally I'll put on my music files if I'm going to play music at a party or something from it.

Yep, that's totally me. So, what do you listen to? I need ideas for my workouts.

For workouts, I have a progam that analyzes beats per minute, and writes it in the ID3 tag. The 120-130 BPM range is a good workout pace for me.

So then I make a smart playlist where
BPM is greater than 120
BPM is less than 130
Genre is not classical
Playlist is top rated

SilverCeladon said:
Yep, that's totally me. So, what do you listen to? I need ideas for my workouts.

I usually get all of the Conference CDs so I load it up with that. I also subscribe to a couple of podcasts that I listen to (a culinary one, one on wine, NHL weekly and Dave Ramsey). So it depends on what I'm in the mood for when I work out.

And on that note... I have decided that I'm going to start training for a mini-triathlon! I've got a book on hold at the Library that I'm going to go pick up in a little while about training and am going to start as soon as possible. I think it will be fun and something I'd like to try... it's only a one-mile swim (in a lake), 5 miles on a bike and a 3 mile run. So it's super mini! I'm not really interested in killing myself on a real one so I think this will fit the bill!

So I guess I'll hone my PC skills listening to the cds while I'm working out! :thumbup:

ripping DVDs??
chefann said:
but he also uses it for movies with the commentary track. We have some movies on DVD that we've never watched with commentary, so he rips them to iTunes and puts them on the phone so he can watch them when he's got time here and there. His 2 iPods are non-video, so they're full of music (40GB second gen, 8GB mini).

Ann - how do you rip your DVDs to iTunes? I'd love to put some of our movies on my iPod, but I don't know how.

Thanks!!

redsoxgirl said:
Ann - how do you rip your DVDs to iTunes? I'd love to put some of our movies on my iPod, but I don't know how.

Thanks!!
That's a question for DH - and he's not one to share information. (Which really bugs me.) Whatever program he uses, it's for Macs, since that's what we run at home. I'll check with him, but I'm not guaranteeing an answer. :rolleyes:

OK- did a little Googling until I saw something that sounded familiar.

DH uses a program called Handbrake. It's mentioned and linked on this page about ripping DVDs to iPod: http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/

I also found 2 other pieces of software that will do the same thing:
ImTOO DVD Ripper - rip DVD to AVI, DivX, MPEG, VCD, DVD converter
http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-movie-video-converter.html

I have a PC, so that won't work for me.
Thanks though!

I think the 2 that I linked at the bottom of the post may have Windows versions. One of them had a free version, as well. (I love free!)

and now that I take a closer look, Handbrake has a Windows version on their download page. :)

I'll take a look at those when I get home tonight

It's all about the 80's music on my iPod! :) hee hee

Kitchen Diva said:
It's all about the 80's music on my iPod! :) hee hee

Duran Duran all the way! That's for sure going on my Ipod!

INXS, Police, etc.

Billy Squiers, Billy Joel, Scorpians, Heart, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Chicago, The Bee Gee's, Bryan Adams, The Cars, Foreigner, Asia, The Outfield, 38 Special, Sting, Rick Springfield, Aerosmith, ELO, Earth Wind and Fire, Donna Summer (I like 70's music too) Europe, Ratt, Neil Diamond, ZZ Top, Dire Straits, Bananarama, Bonnie Tyler, White Snake, Cory Hart, Pat Benatar, Laura Branagin, Fleetwood Mac... etc, etc

Right there with you Kacey for the 80's music - don't own an ipod yet but am addicted to my 80's cds that I have - play them when I'm on the computer and in my car. Since I graduated high school in '86 - I associate the 80's with junior high, high school and college - good memories!

I do not own an Ipod. I rarely listen to music unless I am in the car and then I listen to talk radio in the morning, so, not much music goes on.

Related to Find Inspiration for Your 8g iPod Nano: Programs, Shows, and Podcast Ideas!

1. What types of programs can I find on my 8g iPod Nano?

The 8g iPod Nano allows you to access a wide variety of programs, including music, videos, games, and podcasts. You can also download apps from the App Store to further enhance your device.

2. Can I watch TV shows on my 8g iPod Nano?

Yes, you can watch TV shows on your 8g iPod Nano by downloading them from the iTunes Store. You can also use streaming services like Netflix or Hulu to watch your favorite shows on the go.

3. What are some popular podcast ideas for my 8g iPod Nano?

Some popular podcast ideas for your 8g iPod Nano include news and current events, comedy, true crime, self-improvement, and technology. You can also explore various genres and topics to find inspiration for your listening pleasure.

4. How do I find and subscribe to podcasts on my 8g iPod Nano?

To find and subscribe to podcasts on your 8g iPod Nano, open the Podcasts app and search for your desired podcast. Once you find it, click on the podcast's title and then click "Subscribe." The latest episodes will automatically download to your device.

5. Can I listen to podcasts offline on my 8g iPod Nano?

Yes, you can listen to podcasts offline on your 8g iPod Nano by downloading the episodes beforehand. Simply click on the three dots next to the episode and select "Download." The episode will then be available for offline listening, perfect for when you're on the go!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies