• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Affordable Multifocal Contact Lenses: Reviews and Recommendations

In summary, Vision Direct is a great place to purchase your contact lenses, and you may be able to find a better deal there than at 1800Contacts.
Chefstover2
CS is such a wonderful source of all sorts of information, I thought I'd see if anyone can help me.

I have REALLY bad eyesight and have recently graduated to needing reading glasses, too. Having worn contacts for years and years, I've been trying out the multifocal contacts (really cool...three prescriptions in each lense--close, mid-range and distance). The cost to purchase the lenses from the eye dr. is really expensive, so I'm doing some shopping around. I have my Rx and I've been to the websites that I purchased from before (1800contacts and Lens.com) but they don't go high enough for me (-10.0).

I'd read the thread on Zenni Optical and then went and got my glasses from there and they were awesome. So my question is...what contact lense sites have you had experience with (and liked) that I might be able to purchase my lenses from.

TIA

I use contactlensking.com and like them a lot. I find my brand of contacts the cheapest there.

I've only ever tried 1800CONTACTS, so I'm no help to you! But I do have to say that they started off cheap but kept increasing the price with subsequent orders until I just gave up & went back to Wal-Mart (before the military moved me to Japan!) to get my contacts. I didn't like the fact that they only gave you a "really good deal" the first time, then a "good deal", then an "average price", etc. :(

VISIONDIRECT.COM

They are very well priced for my lenses. Very pleased with them too.
I do not know what lenses you need but I did see multi focal lenses -10

How do you like them...is it hard to see. I am in almost the same boat as you- I cannot read anymore...my arms are not long enough:grumpy:

I'm happy to see this website. I've worn gas permeable lenses (hard) for many years. I tried the soft lenses but couldn't see as clearly. I now use reading glasses on top of the gas perms. Have any of you bought gas permeable lenses on line? Do you know if the bifocal version is available in gas permeables?

nancycookspc said:
VISIONDIRECT.COM

They are very well priced for my lenses. Very pleased with them too.
I do not know what lenses you need but I did see multi focal lenses -10

How do you like them...is it hard to see. I am in almost the same boat as you- I cannot read anymore...my arms are not long enough:grumpy:

Once I got used to the fact that they are a little thicker than my old daily wear single vision lenses, they're great. Dr. told me to expect a week's adjustment. The big adjustment was the sensation...there was no issue with trying to see out of them, and I thought there would be. The different "zones" are in rings: center is for reading, middle ring is for mid-range and outer ring is for distance. My eyes automatically figured out how to see out of them.

I'll try Vision Direct and see, but I think my eye dr. actually had a better deal than even Walmart and I will probably order through them.

What are multifocal contact lenses?

Multifocal contact lenses are a type of contact lens that have different zones for your near, intermediate, and distance vision. They are designed to correct presbyopia, a condition where the eyes have trouble focusing on objects up close.

Are multifocal contact lenses expensive?

The cost of multifocal contact lenses can vary depending on the brand and type of lens. However, there are many affordable options available on the market. It's important to consult with an eye care professional to find the best option for your budget and vision needs.

Can I wear multifocal contact lenses if I have astigmatism?

Yes, there are multifocal contact lenses specifically designed for people with astigmatism. These lenses have different powers in different zones to correct both presbyopia and astigmatism.

How do I find affordable multifocal contact lenses?

The best way to find affordable multifocal contact lenses is to compare prices from different brands and retailers. You can also ask your eye doctor for recommendations on affordable options. It's important to keep in mind that the cheapest option may not always be the best for your eyes, so make sure to choose a reputable brand and consult with an eye care professional.

What are some recommended brands for affordable multifocal contact lenses?

Some popular and affordable brands for multifocal contact lenses include Acuvue, Biofinity, and Air Optix. However, everyone's eyes are different, so it's important to consult with an eye care professional to find the best brand for your specific needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies