• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Overwhelmed: My Friend's Tastefully Simple Business

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is feeling down because their friend, who helped them start their business, has now joined a competing company and is asking them to do a party for her. The person is worried about finding enough people to order from her friend and feels pressure to say yes. However, they are advised to prioritize their own business and politely decline the request. The conversation ends with encouraging words to focus on booking shows and not being afraid to ask for future bookings.
Humble Beginnings
Kind of in a slump today. I have a friend, who when I first started PC, threw my first party to help me qualify. She was great and did receive about 400.00 in orders and threw the party at her home. The problem is that she decides last month to join Tastefully Simple. She wants to partner with me on booths etc which is great but here's the problem. One, she completely cut the leads that I received from her show because she has asked all of them to throw a party for her, so that sucked. Now she wants me to do a party for her and pretty much expects it. She says call 30 people etc and just keep passing it around. Right now I have nothing on the books for September and getting worried. I need to make my list of 100 and start calling. I'm trying to generate income for myself and now feel I have to do this. I just can't see right now with me starting out and trying to get people to book for me, where I'm going to find people to order from her. I can't say no because I know she will say well I did it for her. Yes, but I really didn't have many people to do it for me, she has about 14 people lined up and just signed up. She kicks my butt in sales at work and I know she is going to do so much better than me with this so I'm feeling really down on myself and everything else going on around me.

Ok thank you for listening.

Let her know that you would be happy to do a show for her in a few months. Explain that you have to give your business first priority as she is doing with hers. When she held a show for you she wasn't doing Tastefully Simple but you have been doing PC.

If a friend asked me to hold a show for another DS company, I would have to say "No". It isn't being selfish but practical. You can always order from her if you don't want to host a show.

Basically, don't feel obligated to hosting a show for her, but be supportive in other ways.

Okay, first of all, you CAN say NO!! If you sit down with your friend and explain to her that you need to concentrate on your business right now, she should understand. Let her know that right now is just not the right time for you to do a show for her, but that you will down the road. Now's just not a good time. If she's a true friend, she should understand.

I sure hope you can get your calendar filled. Your list of 100 is a great place to start!

I understand you feel you can't say no. But what about this:

"Hey Suzy, I would love to host a show for you, but right now isn't a good time for me. I'm struggling to get shows of my own on my calendar and my total attention right now is to my business. So right now, I need to make calls to my family/friends to book a show with me, not to have a party. Maybe after I get my business going, we'll get together then."

You're not saying no to her, just not now.

So after you tell her this...GET ON YOUR PHONE BABY! No one can help you get shows booked on your calendar other than you.

YOU CAN BE JUST AS GOOD AS SHE IS TOO!!! Prove it to yourself ~ YOU are what matters! Get your head out of the sand, brush off, pull up your big girl panties and pick up the phone & start making those calls!

REMEMBER: Ask them...is no, never or not right now. Ask if you can all back in a few months. When I do, I feel I have persmission to bug them LOL!

I would add to what Ginny said if she brings up how she helped you or even if she doesn't: "I know you will understand especially since you have so many parties lined up already and I am really struggling right now. I want to be there for you when you're in a tuff spot down the road like when you helped me. I'm there again and really need to focus or risk losing my business. "

Addie4TLC said:
I would add to what Ginny said if she brings up how she helped you or even if she doesn't: "I know you will understand especially since you have so many parties lined up already and I am really struggling right now. I want to be there for you when you're in a tuff spot down the road like when you helped me. I'm there again and really need to focus or risk losing my business. "

Perfect! There you've got the words now...good luck!

You never know... If she's a good friend she may even come up with ideas to help you right now. Let us know what happens and I hope your business picks up.

Kitchen2u said:
I understand you feel you can't say no. But what about this:

"Hey Suzy, I would love to host a show for you, but right now isn't a good time for me. I'm struggling to get shows of my own on my calendar and my total attention right now is to my business. So right now, I need to make calls to my family/friends to book a show with me, not to have a party. Maybe after I get my business going, we'll get together then."

You're not saying no to her, just not now.

So after you tell her this...GET ON YOUR PHONE BABY! No one can help you get shows booked on your calendar other than you.

YOU CAN BE JUST AS GOOD AS SHE IS TOO!!! Prove it to yourself ~ YOU are what matters! Get your head out of the sand, brush off, pull up your big girl panties and pick up the phone & start making those calls!

REMEMBER: Ask them...is no, never or not right now. Ask if you can all back in a few months. When I do, I feel I have persmission to bug them LOL!

You made me laugh, esp the big girl panties, going to have to pick up some of those for sure. Thank you :)

Humble Beginnings said:
You made me laugh, esp the big girl panties, going to have to pick up some of those for sure. Thank you :)

Okay, now that I've changed your mood to happy...get happy on the phone girlfriend!:D:D:D:D

remember TS products are much "cheaper" than many of ours, so you will probably have better sales or she is going to have to sell a gazillion mixes to beat you (Although, honestly I wouldn't allow myself compare my business to hers just like I don't compare other PC cluster members to my own business we each get from it what we put forth) .

1. How can I support my friend's Tastefully Simple business without feeling overwhelmed?

One way to support your friend's business without feeling overwhelmed is to set boundaries and communicate openly with your friend about your availability and level of involvement. You can also offer to help in specific tasks or events that you feel comfortable with, rather than taking on too much at once.

2. What if I don't have the time or resources to support my friend's business?

It's important to prioritize your own time and resources. You can show support for your friend's business by simply attending events or sharing their products on social media. You can also recommend their products to others who may be interested.

3. How can I balance supporting my friend's business with my own personal and professional responsibilities?

It's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. You can schedule specific times to help with your friend's business and communicate openly with them about your availability. It's also important to set boundaries and not feel guilty for saying no when necessary.

4. What if I feel pressured to buy products or host parties for my friend's Tastefully Simple business?

It's important to remember that you are not obligated to purchase products or host parties for your friend's business. If you do not feel comfortable or able to do so, it's important to communicate this to your friend and explain your reasons. You can still show support in other ways, such as attending events or sharing their products on social media.

5. How can I communicate my feelings of being overwhelmed to my friend without hurting their feelings?

Honest and open communication is key in any relationship. It's important to approach the conversation with empathy and understanding, and to express your feelings in a calm and respectful manner. You can also offer suggestions for how you can support your friend's business in a way that works for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • chefashleigh