• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Overwhelmed: How Do I Catch Up with My Pampered Chef Hosts?

In summary, Becky is feeling overwhelmed and overwhelmed with the task of organizing her January shows. She has 7 shows scheduled, and doesn't have the invitations out yet for her show on the 13th or 18th. She is also dealing with the death of a close friend. She calls her hosts to let them know the situation, but they are too busy. Becky then decides to take one show at a time and try to get everything done. She promises to mail out the invitations soon, and ask for help with laundry and taking down decorations. She also says a prayer for strength.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - I am feeling very overwhelmed right now. I have 7 shows in January - starting on the 11th. I haven't given any of my hosts their host packets yet. I mail out the invites, and don't have the ones out yet for my show on the 13th or 18th. I was so organized going into the holidays - I mailed out holiday letters w/ recipes etc.... to all of my hosts, and thought this was going to be the best organized start to the year I've ever had. Then, right after Christmas, the whole family (all 3 of us) came down with a horrible flu that is still lingering around, and then on Jan 1st, one of my closest friends passed away from breast cancer. It's not that I'm not motivated, I just seem to be in a stupor, and can't concentrate long enough to get anything done. Laundry has piled up over my head, the decorations are all still up, and I just don't know where to start......... My friends mom just called and asked if I would speak at the funeral, and I said I would (how would I say no?) - so now need to also spend some time prayaing and thinking about what I will say.
I know that "this too shall pass", and that I will get thru this time, but it's all a bit overwhelming right now. So after that long vent - here is my question....What should I do with my hosts that I've now neglected the last 2 weeks? Do I call and explain the situation or would that seem unprofessional and like I'm whining? I know I need to get going on these shows....I'm just having a hard time focusing right now - so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and valued!

I would call my host and briefly explain the situation and ask if they could mail their invites out. I would think they would be glad to help you out in this situation. Anyone should understand you have a lot to deal with loosing your best friend. Promise to get their packets to them soon. Is there anyone you could enlist to help you get them together and deliver them for you?

I also just said a prayer for God to show you someone that can help you and have yout host be understandable. I know from you previous post you are a believer and I know He will see you through this and bless you for it.

I agree with Jennifer. Worry about the shows coming up first. Just do a little bit each day--not so much that you are overwhelmed, but enough to make a dent. Try to do one load of laundry, take down decorations in one room, etc. My condolences on the loss of your friend.

I am sorry about your loss and your overwhelming feeling! If you need to just focus on your shows and your personal stuff, the decorations can wait! Mine are still up, and will be, for about a week.Do you have any friends or family in the area that would be willing to even come over and help with laundry? And what about the invitations for your shows? Anyone can write addresses!!

Call the host as soon as you can.

Plan to take down the decorations in February and don't invite anyone over. No one will know (or care.)

Be heartfelt with your comments at the funeral but don't worry too much about how it will come out. Be honored that you have been asked to speak to the family and just think that your in the kitchen with her mom telling her how much you miss her and how great she was.

Call the host tonight! (okay, I don't wish this on you, but I was relieved when one of my mid-January hosts canceled when I contacted her in a panic cause I hadn't sent her her packet. She was so glad not to clean the house now.)

Blessings and if all else fails, put dirty shirts in the dryer and re-wear them if there are no stains.....BEE

Just Breathe.....
Someone whispered this to me in the middle of preparing Christmas dinner for 20 while my 3 kids ran around screaming! It was just what I needed to calm down and regain some focus.
So....Just Breathe! It will all come into place.

Becky,

First I am very sorry about the loss of your friend.

Now about the last two weeks, your hosts did not want to hear from you. They were too busy with the holidays and everything going on in their lives. As someone else mentioned, take one show at a time and you will get it all done.

Oh, if this makes you feel better, I have a show this Saturday and the host and I have not spoken in over two weeks. We are going to chat tonight.

Lisa

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I am feeling very overwhelmed right now. I have 7 shows in January - starting on the 11th. I haven't given any of my hosts their host packets yet. I mail out the invites, and don't have the ones out yet for my show on the 13th or 18th. I was so organized going into the holidays - I mailed out holiday letters w/ recipes etc.... to all of my hosts, and thought this was going to be the best organized start to the year I've ever had. Then, right after Christmas, the whole family (all 3 of us) came down with a horrible flu that is still lingering around, and then on Jan 1st, one of my closest friends passed away from breast cancer. It's not that I'm not motivated, I just seem to be in a stupor, and can't concentrate long enough to get anything done. Laundry has piled up over my head, the decorations are all still up, and I just don't know where to start......... My friends mom just called and asked if I would speak at the funeral, and I said I would (how would I say no?) - so now need to also spend some time prayaing and thinking about what I will say.
I know that "this too shall pass", and that I will get thru this time, but it's all a bit overwhelming right now. So after that long vent - here is my question....What should I do with my hosts that I've now neglected the last 2 weeks? Do I call and explain the situation or would that seem unprofessional and like I'm whining? I know I need to get going on these shows....I'm just having a hard time focusing right now - so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and valued!

I can so relate and totally feel your pain. We had two deaths in the family and a hospitalized aunt (who, btw, was finally discharged today)...what I have been doing is one by one calling each of my neglected January hosts and explainin gmy situation and apoligizing for neglecting them. They've all been wonderful. Just call them each one by one and they'll be ok.
And you - hang in there - you're in my thoughts and prayers.

I agree with everthing the others have said. You can only be one person and do so many things. I think your hosts will understand. I am saying an extra prayer tonight for you and the family of your best frined.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you for your support, encouragement, and the right words to help me focus on just the next step (not everything at once) My first show's host actually emailed me before I could call her with more addresses, and also to let me know she is excited about her show......knowing that she isn't worried because I have been MIA (at least in my mind) has helped me see that my hosts aren't nearly as uptight over this as I have been.....and all of you have given me strength and courage to move forward one step at a time. I need to just get through this week. We went to visit the family at the Funeral Home last night, and the funeral is tomorrow. I am contacting my first 2 hosts for today, and the rest I will wait until Sat. Going over the circumstances that many times in a row is just too much for today.

Becky, I am so sorry about your friend. I can understand what you are going through. My best friend's daughter passed away two years ago from cancer shortly after my grandfather passed away. It was so hard on both families because we were so very close. We will all be thinking of you tomorrow while you are at the funeral. Just know that your friend is so much better now, no pain, no side effects from chemo, just peace. The way I have always looked at it is that funerals are for those left behind, giving them a chance to reminice and say goodbye to their loved one.

As for the shows, I think you are handling it the right way. Just call the hosts and explain. They will understand. You don't have to contact them all in one day either. Don't overwhelm yourself having to explain the situation over and over all in one day. And like sillylittlechef said... just breathe

Becky, I am sorry to hear about your friend. (((HUGS))) to you.

Your hosts will understand. No worries.

Related to Feeling Overwhelmed: How Do I Catch Up with My Pampered Chef Hosts?

1. How can I improve my cooking skills?

One of the best ways to improve your cooking skills is to practice regularly and try new recipes. You can also watch cooking tutorials and attend cooking classes to learn new techniques and tips. Additionally, investing in quality kitchen tools and ingredients can also make a difference in the outcome of your dishes.

2. What are some essential kitchen tools for beginner cooks?

Some essential kitchen tools for beginner cooks include a chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a non-stick skillet. As you become more experienced, you can add other tools such as a food processor, immersion blender, and various specialty utensils.

3. How do I properly care for my Pampered Chef products?

To ensure the longevity of your Pampered Chef products, it is important to follow the care instructions provided with each item. Generally, most products can be hand washed with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the product's surface.

4. How can I host a Pampered Chef party?

To host a Pampered Chef party, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for the party. The consultant will provide you with a variety of resources, including invitations, recipes, and product information to share with your guests. You can also earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions currently available at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef often offers special deals and promotions, especially for their hostesses and customers. You can check their website or social media pages for any current promotions, or contact a consultant for more information. Additionally, signing up for their email list can also keep you updated on any upcoming deals or discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefjessicah
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies