• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fed Ex Kinko's-Need Help Asap!!!

In summary, Kristi is trying to find a way to get copies made for her bridal expo, which is in a week, but she is having trouble because the company that she works for merged with another company and their information is not in the Solutions Center yet. She is also having trouble getting a discount
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! I'm getting ready to leave in 15 minutes and I went to CC and there is nothing that i can print to say that I'm a PC consultant to make copies.

Do you know where I should look?

I'm going crazy! I'm meeting a host in 45 minutes!!!!

TIA!

I'd just show them a business card or something.

On our website it said they would give us more info by Jan 15th on how to get the Kinko card, but I don't remember seeing anything.

tashayoung said:
On our website it said they would give us more info by Jan 15th on how to get the Kinko card, but I don't remember seeing anything.

I saw that yesterday as well...we didn't get an email either on it. hmmmm someone dropped the ball by updating it by the 15th

I need it, too-- I have been checking every single day for SOME kind of update!

What are you needing? I must have missed something??????

We're supposed to receive a discount there but I just got back and until the companies officially merge and our info is in there, they couldn't help me! I need 155 copies and I left with 0.:eek: I'm so mad because I'm really trying to put my host packets together but they won't let me. UGH!!!:rolleyes:

I'm calling first thing tomorrow to find out what I need to do!;)

Thanks for reminding us about that. I almost forgot about the card we were supposed to get. Let us know what type of response you get when you call tomorrow morning.

I know our Office Max cards are expired but I've never been refused the discount

I e-mailed the Solution Center a few minutes ago. If and when I get a response I will post it here. Someone messed up!

Thanks Harriet! :D

KG~Our Office Max just went out of business within the past 6 months.:rolleyes:

I guess they refused your discount card, then?:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I guess they refused your discount card, then?

:D

Yes, unfortunately!;)

It just really stinks because the one time that I'm ready to put new host packets together, I can't.:rolleyes: I don't want to waste a lot of ink either. W'll see what happens when I call tomorrow!:cool:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I know our Office Max cards are expired but I've never been refused the discount
Actually, there's a new one online that has no expiration date. It's good to get a discount on products in the store, too, not just copies.

That doesn't help with the FedEx/Kinkos card, but it's an alternative.

Be sure to let us know what you find out, Kristi! I was planning on going to my local FedEx/Kinko's on Thursday to make a few hundred copies for my bridal expo on Sunday. We don't have a local Office Max anymore & I don't want to waste all my computer ink. I was hoping I'd be able to get a discount!

I think I missed something somewhere. I am new to PC. Do we get discounts on copies and stuff? How do we get a discount card? Who all gives us discounts?

Jodi,On Consultant's Corner, go to Managing your business > Pampered Perks. We can get discounts at OfficeMax and Office Depot, as well as insurance and investing. Pretty cool!

Office DepotHow do you get a discount at Office Depot? I registered my credit card online but never received an email confirmation or anything.

I'm told that when you use the registered CC, you get the discount automatically.

Thanks, do we know what the discounts are? Are they like the contract pricing at Office Max?

I use Office Depot all the time and the rates are .03 for black and white copies and .39 for color copies. Great prices. They ring up normally and then when they swipe my card, it adjusts the price. Sometimes the clerks are like what happened and that just opens the door to talk about PC

Supposedly the 39 cent color copies at Office Depot ended at the end of 2006. But if they're still honoring the price, great! (DH and I bought a color printer for ourselves for Christmas, so other than big orders, I can print my own now).

did you get an email or something or was it on the website? I haven't seen anything about the color copies not being that price anymore

chefann said:
Supposedly the 39 cent color copies at Office Depot ended at the end of 2006. But if they're still honoring the price, great! (DH and I bought a color printer for ourselves for Christmas, so other than big orders, I can print my own now).
Wait'll you go to buy new ink cartridges and find out why color printers are so cheap.

It's what we (in the computer biz) used to call the "Umbrella Theory of Sales."

you can check the prices on Office Depot if you upload a document and put it in your shopping cart. The price was .17 in the Fall, which was awesome, but that ended at the end of the year. I am really interested in hearing how the Kinko's prices will compare.

Well, I called and the lady I talked to was completely clueless. She said she's really not sure but we should receive a "card" with our account information on it so we can take it into the store.

When I went to Kinko's yesterday, the lady told me for 100 B/W copies and 55 color copies, it would be $57.00:eek: for 155 copies.:eek: :eek: :eek: I told her no way that I'll just wait.

What stinks is that I really need to get some host packets done. :rolleyes:

So I'll turn blue as well waiting for this card!

Oh and the Office Depot guy was such a jerk that I left there as well.:rolleyes:

For anyone walking in off the street, Kinko's has traditionally been the most expensive purveyor of copies. For a long time, it was to cover the fact they were open 24 hours, and I can tell you from first hand experience, there were plenty of people there making copies at the wee hours.Since FedUp bought them, though, they've cut back on their hours but not on their prices.

Well that stinks! I guess everything stinks today.

Okay I'm done with my coffee now. Now I just need a shower!

PampMomof3 said:
Well, I called and the lady I talked to was completely clueless. She said she's really not sure but we should receive a "card" with our account information on it so we can take it into the store.

When I went to Kinko's yesterday, the lady told me for 100 B/W copies and 55 color copies, it would be $57.00:eek: for 155 copies.:eek: :eek: :eek: I told her no way that I'll just wait.

What stinks is that I really need to get some host packets done. :rolleyes:

Oh and the Office Depot guy was such a jerk that I left there as well.:rolleyes:

The first time I tried to use my card and get the discount at Office Depot, the manager was a B**** she was like who is the sales man? Well he is not one of ours so you are obviously mistaken. I was like lady this is a national account so just try to run the card through and see what happens. well when it adjusted the price, she was like oh. She never even appologized. I only go because of the price but don't buy anything else there. I prefer staples.

Thanks Melissa, I guess I'll register my card and go this week.

Thanks!

In my small town, we only have a staples.
We do have a UPS store and the one and only time I had copies made there they printed crooked pages and the paper I used was expensive and they wouldn't reimburse for the paper. (of course they didn't charge me either for printing) I just through them away and I got new paper then went to Staples.

~

PampMomof3 said:

I gather this was Home Office you called--right? I don't know when they will respond to the e-mail I sent them yesterday.

Thanks. Please don't turn blue!

Oops- I apologize for my mis-post about the 39 cent color copies. I was thinking of the 17 cent price we had last year. Sorry!!

KG- it's a color laser that we got. We treated ourselves. We had an inkjet, but used it so seldom that every time we used it (practically) we had to put in new cartridges. I couldn't use it easily because it was in DH's office. The new printer is there, too, but it's on the wireless network, so I can print without getting my fat lazy butt off the couch!

Oooh! A color LASERJET!!! I'm so jealous!:)

It's nice. We're dreading buying cartridges, because there are 4 and they'll be $100 each. But we'll get more pages from them than from inkjet cartridges, and it's crisp, professional printing.

BTW- LaserJet is a trademark of HP. Technically ours is just a laser printer. It's a.... well, shoot, I don't remember what brand it is. I think a Lexmark.

Here's the reply I got from HO this morning:

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. This information has not yet been communicated. Once this information is available it will be communicated to the field either by email, Weekly Bites or through Consultant Newsletter.

Rachel Kusreau
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
www.pamperedchef.com

Thanks for the update, Harriet.

Thank you Harriet! Hopefully that information will be communicated soon!;)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • pamperedmom24
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann