• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fall Kickoff Cooking Show: How Can I Spread the Word?

In summary, the author is planning a fall kickoff cooking show and is looking for ideas. She suggests games, recipes, and tips for hosting a show.
tinat51796
Since I'm new to PC and wanting to let all my neighbors know about my new business (and get to know the neighbors!) I thought I'd do a fall kickoff cooking show next week. I was going to use the flyer to tell all my neighbors about the show. I thought I'd go door to door tomorrow with the flyers but what do I do with the flyer if no one is home? Just stick it in the door jam? It's really windy where I live, I don't want a bunch of flyers with my name and address blowing all over town. Any suggestions? Thanks for all the help! This site is so awesome! I love all the great ideas I'm getting!

Tina

Whatever you decide, you msut FOLLOW UP!!! Flyers are great to inform, but it's the people you talk to in person as you're handing out the flyers who will show up or place an order. Follow-up is the key!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

BTW, if it's too windy, how 'bout a mail box?

Put them in the doors. Ellen had a good suggestion of the mailbox, but unfortunately it's against federal law to put anything in mailboxes.And yes, definitely follow up! Good luck! My "fall extravaganza" is on the 15th. :)

test.. trying to post Internet kicks me out when submitting

mine is the 26th. we hit 46 houses on my street talked to 7 left the invites in the door, tried to wedge my handle... looked today and all were gone hopefully not carried away by the wind

I am in need of fall recipes to go along with the BBQ pork in the deep covered baker. My goal for this show is bookings so any suggestions would be wonderful!

If you do the BBQ Pork as a sandwichs, maybe you could make a dip with one of the seasonings.

What about a salad and/or a dessert.

I suggest you do whatever you want to be making during the fall. This could introduce the recipes if you are doing any of the new ones. Plus this is a great way to test them!

Don't make it too big - these are just ideas. Make it in the amount of food with relationship to the number people who have RSVPd.

thank you ... any booking tips... should i do games... I thought when i introduced myself, i would let them know that i have been here a year and trying to get my business off the ground again... maybe someone would be kind enough offer to have a show...

I treated one kick off I did as fairly casual as in not too much of a "demo" the food was prepared as much in advance as I could and then I talked about the new products.

Maybe hang or put out the host specials for September & October & talk about the benefits of having a show. Have others who are there talk about all the neat things they got at their show(s).

Games - I would do the ticket game or pass the product for recruiting.

I need to get mine under way too. I haven't done one in a while. I usually set mine up as a Mystery Host and come up with different ways they can earn tickets.

I've done the mystery host thing with other direct sales ... Party lite, tastefully simple that event, I had the highest sales.... the other event was At home america, cookie lee and myself... and again I had the highest sales

i am sorry these messages are short.. my internet keeps telling me some kind of error and then kicks me out.

Tom Marston does this thing at his shows.. asks guests their name and fav product. he then asks them 3 ?'s is it easy to use... is it easy to clean and would you recommend it. this way the guests are selling instead of you

Those questions are great questions about a product but you could also do it for bookings.

Tom Marston was a great Pampered Chef consultant. I always wanted to fly out just to watch one of his shows. His show average was always so high. Shoot I would have loved to have shadow him for a week to see how he worked including host coaching, follow up calls, etc.

Oh well, a person can always dream.

I am planning mine for the end of the month. I haven't done one in a long time. Hmm I better get crackin' with the plans because the month could run away on me!

Susan

I'm doing one at the end of the month too and haven't done anything yet. I still gotta print up some flyers and EVERYTHING else. I'm getting tired just thinking about it!

jenniferp417 said:
Put them in the doors. Ellen had a good suggestion of the mailbox, but unfortunately it's against federal law to put anything in mailboxes.

And yes, definitely follow up! Good luck! My "fall extravaganza" is on the 15th. :)

Good to know!:blushing: I guess next time I'll have to do the thing where you roll it up like a scroll and rubberband it to the door knob.

One thing that I am doing is setting up a bunch of Christmas present ideas at mine tomorrow:

-Deep Dish Covered Baker, 29 minutes or less CB
-Trifle Bowl filled with Baking Essentials
-Coating Trays with Italian Seasoning and Cinnamin (I hate spelling that word!)
-Cutting board with array of knives and finger guard
-Salad Stuff (spinner, chopper, cookbook, Dots bowls, measure, mix and pour, salad tongs)

For food I am having bbq pork sandwiches, the brownie truffle bites, and a cream cheese/chutney spread and crackers, and a punch of some sort. I want stuff that I want to eat if there are leftovers.

I'm putting Pampered Pantry stuff on one end table, Cookbooks on coffee table with 2 8" saute pans, food on room divider (1/2 wall), xmas present ideas on kitchen table, and my tri-fold board in front of my TV.

I send out my invites through my email list, but some people aren't getting them, so I have to figure out another way to send it (I did just get outlook through my grad program, so I may use that...). I made some personal calls to my regulars and handed out a few flyers to people I bumped into.

hth for some ideas! I'm aiming for at least a $400 show... I already have 4 orders from people who can't come which total about $100, so that's good. I'd really like an October booking, but everyone confirmed coming has had a show in the last year and I've already asked, but maybe seeing all the new stuff will change their mind... let's hope so!

Great ideas on the Christmas stuff Alison! I will use your idea for sure! I KWYM about the people not hosting b/c they already had one recently. I have the same issues! I will have some incentives for those who book and hopefully,like you said, the new stuff will change thier minds. I'm going to play into the whole "get your Christmas baking essentials and gifts...." thing.

And, "get everyone together before it get's too crazy around the holidays."

Related to Fall Kickoff Cooking Show: How Can I Spread the Word?

1. What is the Fall Kickoff event?

The Fall Kickoff event is an annual celebration hosted by Pampered Chef to officially kick off the fall season and introduce new product launches, promotions, and business opportunities.

2. When is the Fall Kickoff event taking place?

The exact date of the Fall Kickoff event varies each year, but it typically takes place in early to mid-September. Stay tuned for updates and announcements from Pampered Chef.

3. How can I attend the Fall Kickoff event?

The Fall Kickoff event is typically open to all Pampered Chef consultants and customers. More details about registration and attendance will be announced closer to the event date.

4. What can I expect from the Fall Kickoff event?

The Fall Kickoff event is a fun and informative virtual event that includes product demonstrations, business training, special guests, and exclusive promotions. It's a great way to learn about new products and get inspired for the upcoming season.

5. Can I still participate if I can't attend the Fall Kickoff event?

Absolutely! While attending the Fall Kickoff event is a great way to experience the excitement and energy of the event, all the important information and promotions will also be shared through virtual channels and resources. Make sure to stay connected with Pampered Chef for updates and details on how to participate remotely.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • feather18
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
feather18
  • sillylittlechef