• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Posting: What's Allowed and What's Not?

In summary, Jennifer Fountain is violating Pampered Chef's rules about linking to their website and advertising on Facebook. She is defiant and will be caught by HO. Most consultants post general information about their businesses on Facebook, but Fountain's posts are specifically about Pampered Chef, which makes her stand out.
K.Shaffer
I thought we could not post on facebook? I use my facebook to keep in contact with so many people. Have I been missing the opportunity??

You could send a private message to friends. Other than that you are not to use Pampered Chef's name or your web site on your FB. If I am forgetting anything, I am sure someone will correct me.

Facebook is a hot topic. There are rules about what you can and cannot do online, which also apply to Facebook, but some of the features and privacy settings of Facebook have created a gray area that almost everyone interprets in their own way.

FB has been discussed numerous times on CS. It might give you some insight if you browse some of the previous threads:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=facebook+site%3Achefsuccess.com&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Ok. Here is why I ask. I am new to PC and need to know if this is allowed....I thought it was a BIG NO! Not meaning to tattle on anyone BUT....if we can do this, my business would be doing great as I use facebook daily.

I went to msnbc.com (today show) to see if I could find the story about the cool n serve tray. Since I was lazy, slept in and missed it.
Go there yourself and at the top of the page on the msnbc website in the seach type: cool n serve tray.

See what I see?

K.Shaffer said:
Ok. Here is why I ask. I am new to PC and need to know if this is allowed....I thought it was a BIG NO! Not meaning to tattle on anyone BUT....if we can do this, my business would be doing great as I use facebook daily.

I went to msnbc.com (today show) to see if I could find the story about the cool n serve tray. Since I was lazy, slept in and missed it.
Go there yourself and at the top of the page on the msnbc website in the seach type: cool n serve tray.

See what I see?

You must be talking about this: Jennifer Fountain, Pampered Chef Independent Consultant | Facebook

WOW WOW WOW!!! :eek::grumpy: She may have been flying under the radar before, but I'm sure she'll get caught by HO now! WOW!

Wow - she's got a lot of gall!!
I am sure home office will catch on to her soon enough. Especially with her linking from the msnbc site LOL

So to help with my question???? I'm assuming this is NOT allowed.

I'm talking about her facebook page. Not that fact that it linked to the msnbc site. We can or cannot do this?

I think I am talking for most of us, NO! I can't believe that she is so openly defiant. It really annoys me being that I am so careful not to break rules. Don't even tell me that she has NO IDEA that she is breaking the rules. I wonder how PC handles this?

It's not a personal fb page - it's one of those "like" groups - it's public advertising and it's not allowed.

Here's the bottom line:

You cannot state anywhere online that you are a Pampered Chef Consultant, and you cannot link to your PWS on any website. That includes Facebook.

So, yes, what she is doing is blatantly against the rules.

Now, as far as FB goes for your personal use, as I mentioned before, there is gray area. If you have your setting so that your profile is private and only accessible by your friends, HO will never know if you post an update about PC. They do track the source of click-throughs to your PWS, and if you start getting a large amount from FB, they will probably flag you.

Many consultants do post stuff about their business. Some will specifically say PC, some will talk about doing parties etc. I've also heard (here) that HO is working on adjusting its online advertising policies, and many are hoping for announcments at NC.

That being said, I personally haven't found FB to increase my business all that much. Much of this business is built on personal relationships, and the people I've gotten most response from are those who I have the best relationships beyond FB anyway. Posting on FB is so general, most people will ignore it. It's not directly directed toward them. Just like when you "Like" the page of a company, and you get updates from them. 90% of the time, I'm sure most people just ignore those things. Even if something catches their eye, they might make a mental note to go back to it, but eventually forget. Unless it's REALLY important to them, which is a very small percentage.

Me too. I set up a personal page upon the advice of a friend. Person, not public. But yo know what? I has not helped at all! Most of the people who friended me and vice versa - are consultants! Way to hard to get you all to do parties for me! So I stoped using it at all about a month ago and am going to get around to loosing it completely. I need to do other things right now, like find a job since my UI ran out. So I will not be out on the internet all that much. I will be out getting my resume out there and going door to door if I must to get bookings.

pampered1224 said:
Me too. I set up a personal page upon the advice of a friend. Person, not public. But yo know what? I has not helped at all! Most of the people who friended me and vice versa - are consultants! Way to hard to get you all to do parties for me! So I stoped using it at all about a month ago and am going to get around to loosing it completely. I need to do other things right now, like find a job since my UI ran out. So I will not be out on the internet all that much. I will be out getting my resume out there and going door to door if I must to get bookings.

Good luck, John on the job search!

Sorry it didn't garner the business! I got a lot of re-bookings and orders from past hosts who lost my number. So for me it works. I think NooraK's explanation is excellent. My profile is private, so I am not targeting a large group of unknown people, just my friends.I can't believe that link! That is soo against everything Pampered Chef is. We are a company based on face to face relationships. Not what she is doing.

1. What is the rule on using Facebook?

There is no explicit rule against using Facebook. However, certain countries and organizations may have restrictions or bans on the use of social media platforms.

2. Is it legal to use Facebook in my country?

The legality of using Facebook depends on the laws and regulations of your country. It is important to check with your local government for any restrictions or bans on social media use.

3. Can I use Facebook at work or school?

This will depend on the policies of your workplace or school. Some may allow the use of social media during designated times, while others may have strict restrictions or bans.

4. Are there any age restrictions for using Facebook?

According to Facebook's terms of service, users must be at least 13 years old to create an account. However, some countries may have different age restrictions for the use of social media.

5. Can I post anything I want on Facebook?

Facebook has community standards that prohibit certain types of content, such as hate speech and nudity. Users are expected to follow these guidelines, and violating them can result in posts being removed or accounts being suspended.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Harrisdm
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • minirottie