• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F/W 2008 Seasons Best... Which Recipes

In summary, During a conversation about trying new recipes, various dishes were rated on taste, ease of preparation, price, and their potential as a good demo. The Classic Mini-Cheeseburgers received a 4 for taste, 4 for ease, 3 for price, and 2 for good demo. The Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip received all 5's, while the Smoky Buffalo Wings received 5's for taste and price, but only a 4 for ease and a 2 for good demo. The Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, Taffy Apple Tartlets, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte all received 5's across the board. The Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip was praised for its taste,
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Have you tried and how were they?

Please rate 1-5 (1is worst / 5 best)

Taste
Ease
Price
Good demo

etteluap70PC said:
Have you tried and how were they?

Please rate 1-5 (1is worst / 5 best)

Taste
Ease
Price
Good demo

Classic Mini-Cheeseburgers
Taste: 4
Ease: 4
Price: 3
Good demo: 2

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip
Taste: 5
Ease: 5
Price: 4
Good demo: 5

Smoky Buffalo Wings
Price: 5

Satay Chicken Pasta Salad

Taffy Apple Tartlets

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte
Good demo: 3

That's it for the new recipes, I think. I won't talk about the repeats.

I think the mini-cheeseburgers would be a good demo but I can hear guests griping about how gross the meat looks when you take it out, with the grease in the pan and how it shrinks (even though it's supposed to). I just think they're so clever with the hot dog buns!

leftymac said:

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip

Smoky Buffalo Wings

Satay Chicken Pasta Salad

Taffy Apple Tartlets

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte

That's it for the new recipes, I think. I won't talk about the repeats.

I think the mini-cheeseburgers would be a good demo but I can hear guests griping about how gross the meat looks when you take it out, with the grease in the pan and how it shrinks (even though it's supposed to). I just think they're so clever with the hot dog buns!

Clearly I have spent too much time cooking in the past two weeks!

I haven't tried any yet but I'm super excited about the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip and the Taffy Apple Tartlets.

Wow Keith, I was just thinking this guy really took off with the new recipes. What dedication! And then I read your next post and laughed. Now I will try the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad this week since you gave it all 5's.
Thanks

Kieth... Do you think the buffalo wings would be a better demo if they were done boneless? I was thinking of doing them but using chicken breasts cut up.

Keep em comming people! This is great!

I have made the~
Bread Bowl Artichoke dip
Price: 2

This was very tasty but I found the bread hard to find!

Chocolate PB Cup Torte
Good Demo: 4

Its so easy to make it look like the picture its amazing!

Classic Mini Cheeseburgers
Taste:4
Price:4
Good Demo: 3

I don't love near White Castle anymore :cry: so this brought back good memories! I gave it a 3 because it does look nasty when it comes out of the oven.

etteluap70PC said:
Kieth... Do you think the buffalo wings would be a better demo if they were done boneless? I was thinking of doing them but using chicken breasts cut up.

Keep em comming people! This is great!

I don't think they would be a good demo because frankly, they look gross when you take them out of the DCB. They look like rubbery, microwaved chicken wings. It's only when you brown them in the skillet that they start to take shape and look normal. I try to sell the DCB as a way to 'cheat' the microwaved results (pork tenderloin, 30 min chicken, etc) and the wings counteract it. They taste delicious, though! I just try to not do anything that might put off the guests (à la Classic Mini-Cheeseburgers)

Microwave White Chicken Chili
Taste 5
Ease 5
Price 5
Good demo 5I have made this twice for dinner already, and it's really good! The first time, it was a last-minute decision so I ran to the grocery and got ingredients to make it. The total bill was $12.00, and that was with the expensive Tyson chicken thighs. Many grocery chains have their own brand available frozen that are less expensive per pound. Even with the pricey meat, it was $1.50 per serving. And it would be easy to stretch the meal by serving the chili with macaroni, a salad, or tortilla chips. For a demo, I'd have most of the veg and meat cut up already. Dicing 6 raw chicken thighs takes a bit of time, and would be really boring at a show.

I made the Spinach Carbonara Pizza last week for my meeting:

Taste 5
Ease 5
Price 5
Good demo 5

I actually had everything on hand except for the Alfredo sauce. You could easily show guests how to substitute their favorite pizza toppings, too (for example, if they don't like bacon, they could use sundried tomatoes instead). I loved it and so did DH and my team - so ALL 5's! :) It's also a "New Consultant" recipe, and only uses the products in the kit.

For a demo, I'd have most of the veg and meat cut up already. Dicing 6 raw chicken thighs takes a bit of time, and would be really boring at a show.
I haven't made this recipe, so I'm not sure if it would work the same. But when making the Satay Chicken pasta salad I cooked boneless skinless chicken thighs in the DCB (in the microwave) and chopped with the salad choppers - pretty fast - then with the food chopper - even faster. I'd definitely do that a show so people can see how fast it is.

TammyStar said:
Wow Keith, I was just thinking this guy really took off with the new recipes. What dedication! And then I read your next post and laughed. Now I will try the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad this week since you gave it all 5's.
Thanks

Mmm - now I want to try the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, too! :D

cathyskitchen said:
Mmm - now I want to try the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, too! :D

It's one of the best recipes I've had. I made that, along with the taffy apple tarlets, for a friend of mine and he then proceeded to order $77 in products. :)

jcsmilez said:
I haven't made this recipe, so I'm not sure if it would work the same. But when making the Satay Chicken pasta salad I cooked boneless skinless chicken thighs in the DCB (in the microwave) and chopped with the salad choppers - pretty fast - then with the food chopper - even faster. I'd definitely do that a show so people can see how fast it is.

Ohh - great idea, Tristen! I just sold a DCB by showing the picture and telling a lady she could use it in the microwave, but I'd probably sell more this way!

leftymac said:
It's one of the best recipes I've had. I made that, along with the taffy apple tarlets, for a friend of mine and he then proceeded to order $77 in products. :)

NICE!:D Gotta love that!

I just sold a DCB by showing the picture and telling a lady she could use it in the microwave, but I'd probably sell more this way!

Oh yeah! I think the DCB is my FAVORITE PC product! My fav recipe is the chicken fajitas (Becky's recipe?) but I followed the directions of a post on here to defrost the chicken in the DCB with the lid off then cook it for about 6 mins with the lid on. Perfecto!
Depending on the recipe, like if I wanted to hi-light throwing everything into the baker I would use the salad choppers. But with the Satay salad, since I'm taking it out anyway I'll probably do the food chopper.

:balloon: I love my DCB! I LOVE this site! :balloon:

jcsmilez said:

The chicken cooks with the onion and peppers in the DCB, in the microwave. It would take a little longer to cook if they were left whole, but you could do a modified version in which you cut them into large chunks (to reduce the cooking time) and then use the choppers on them.

The only other thing about this recipe that's a little hard is the garlic. Even when making it as the first step and letting it sit to cool, the heads were a little hot to handle when it came time to squeeze the garlic out.

The chicken cooks with the onion and peppers in the DCB, in the microwave.
Wow! I hadn't even looked at this recipe yet. It starts very similar to the chicken fajitas. I usually leave the thighs whole for those but cook for 13 mins where this says 8. So I don't know if that would turn the onions and bell peppers to mush. 3 HEADS of garlic?!? Wow! That does seem like a lot and is it quite a task to squeeze the skin off of 48 garlic cloves?

jcsmilez said:
Wow! I hadn't even looked at this recipe yet. It starts very similar to the chicken fajitas. I usually leave the thighs whole for those but cook for 13 mins where this says 8. So I don't know if that would turn the onions and bell peppers to mush. 3 HEADS of garlic?!? Wow! That does seem like a lot and is it quite a task to squeeze the skin off of 48 garlic cloves?[/QUOTE]

You roast the garlic whole... not squeze each one. after it is cooked it gets a bit mushy and you can squeze the whole head and the garlic comes out.

chefann said:
Microwave White Chicken Chili
Taste 5
Ease 5
Price 5
Good demo 5

I loved this recipe but disagree about it being a good demo. At conference I got a chance to chat with Brian Clark from the test kitchens (he's the one that wrote the entire SB this season) and he was most excited about this recipe but said it probably wasn't a fabulous demo recipe b/c there's not much too it. I made quite a mess trying to squeeze the garlic out (but it doesn't make the recipe too garlic-y). It was delicious, though!

That being said, I did see a bunch of opportunities to make it a little more "product intensive": Rotary Grater for cheese when serving, Kitchen Shears and Herb Keeper for cilantro garnish, EAD for additional sour cream, cutlery for wedging lime garnish, mix & masher and avocado peeler for making a guacamole. There, that's better :D

I've also made the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups (for a women's networking group). It was gone in a flash!:
Ease:5
Price:5
Good Demo:5
Really shows off the seasonings, is super easy to prepare and has a good variety of tools.

Wow, Keith, you've been busy cooking!

I haven't tried any yet:blushing:, but nice to hear the reviews before I go grocery shopping---I'm excited to try a lot of the new recipes this season.

I just got ingredients for:

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip
Chicken Wings
Tiramisu Brownie Trifle
Choc. Peanut Butter Cup Torte
Avocado Salsa Cups

It's about to rain so I may make the Artichoke Bread bowl as some nice warm comfort food.

...and maybe the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle.

I am using my leftover spaghetti sauce from Friday night and turning it into lasagna for dinner tonight. I accidentally made a full batch (normally make 1/2 with just our family) so I have to use it up.

The avocado salsa cups might be my lunch this week and the wings probably an evening meal for me...

DH isn't into trying too much so I have to space it out a bit.

I made the Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings

Taste: 3

I really prefer buffalo sauce over this sauce mixed w/the Smoky BBQ Rub. It took me a lot longer to get them crispy then what the recipe calls. I used non-stick though. I think SS would be much better. I think it's very messy so I wouldn't do them for a demo. I prefer to do items I can do in a living or family room though as well. This one has to be done in the kitchen in my opinion.

Chefstover2 said:
I loved this recipe but disagree about it being a good demo. At conference I got a chance to chat with Brian Clark from the test kitchens (he's the one that wrote the entire SB this season) and he was most excited about this recipe but said it probably wasn't a fabulous demo recipe b/c there's not much too it. I made quite a mess trying to squeeze the garlic out (but it doesn't make the recipe too garlic-y). It was delicious, though!

That being said, I did see a bunch of opportunities to make it a little more "product intensive": Rotary Grater for cheese when serving, Kitchen Shears and Herb Keeper for cilantro garnish, EAD for additional sour cream, cutlery for wedging lime garnish, mix & masher and avocado peeler for making a guacamole. There, that's better :D
The Mix n Masher is already used for the garlic. :)
I agree with your list of items to add to the demo, just by adding the optional garnishes, etc. But I still think this would be a great demo, because of the less than $2 per serving factor, and the fact that it's such a quick meal.

Janet, I tried the avocado salsa cups when they were new in the spring; they're pretty yummy, but my tortilla cups didn't turn out very pretty.

Chefstover2 said:

I've also made the Chipotle Chicken Cornbread Cups (for a women's networking group). It was gone in a flash!:
Really shows off the seasonings, is super easy to prepare and has a good variety of tools.

I am all for a quick and simple demo! Those are my favorites!

lacychef said:
Janet, I tried the avocado salsa cups when they were new in the spring; they're pretty yummy, but my tortilla cups didn't turn out very pretty.

Good! I missed them in the past...either I wasn't looking closely or my tastes have changed with PC. :D

I've only made them once, because I'm the only one in my house that likes avocados.:rolleyes:

The Taffy Apple Tartlets were good when they first came out of the oven, but I was disappointed after they cooled off to room temperature. Think they would have been better without the peanuts.

I am eating the Breadbowl Artichoke Dip.Much zestier than most artichoke dips I've had due to the veg soup mix.This will be a very good winter comfort food recipe.I used a 1 1/2 lb. sourdough "sqaure" loaf. It worked perfect! The well I cut was exactly right for the dip mix.I wish I had a little more parmesan on hand than I had.It was done at about 13 1/2 - 14 minutes.

Great ideas so far. Hmmmm...not looking forward to how the cheeseburgers look coming out of the oven.

We did the Breadbowl Artichoke Dip at a Cluster meeting Saturday. We did it with one loaf, but could have used more bread. The Round loaves around here are 3.99 so that is quite pricey for a host. I think I would use 1 round loaf and use a baquette or something else as the second loaf just to cut up.

I really want to add the Satay Chicken Salad to my Fall Recipe List - so I am glad it got such rave reviews - especially as a demo. (I haven't had a chance to make it yet.)

The only thing I've tried is the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches. I've made those for a couple of shows. Wow! They've been a great hit. I don't put the crushed peppermint on top, though. I sprinkle on some colored sprinkles. The peppermint made them look too Christmasy for July.Taste: 5--If you like chocolate and peppermint
Good Demo: 3--You have the time baking, then the time to cool. They really need to cool a bit before you eat them. (Of course, I don't usually do the recipe at my shows, so I may not be the best judge.)

Haha I borrowed Keith's way of doing it and these are the ones I have tried and think they have come out with some new good ones. Hubby usually cooks them with me and he agrees...

Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip

Taffy Apple Tartlets

I loved the taffy apple tartlets but I was also disappointed with them after they sat for awhile - the caramels got kinda hard.

raebates said:
The only thing I've tried is the Peppermint Fudge Cookie Sandwiches. I've made those for a couple of shows. Wow! They've been a great hit. I don't put the crushed peppermint on top, though. I sprinkle on some colored sprinkles. The peppermint made them look too Christmasy for July.

Taste: 5--If you like chocolate and peppermint
Good Demo: 3--You have the time baking, then the time to cool. They really need to cool a bit before you eat them. (Of course, I don't usually do the recipe at my shows, so I may not be the best judge.)

I just made these for a meeting tonight, and they're really good. I totally agree with your ratings - they're very easy, my 6-yr-old helped me with most of it. Her review: "So delicious, Mom!"

A few tips: really watch these when they're baking. If they get too firm, the cookies are crisp instead of soft. If you're planning to take them somewhere, don't do the white chocolate drizzle until you get there. Silly me - didn't realize it wasn't going to firm up, and the drizzle smeared everywhere. Oh, and it says 8-10 peppermint candies for the topping, that's way too much. I crushed 20 for a double batch, and now I have half a prep bowl of peppermint sprinkles (that I think will be very good on chocolate ice cream).

I really don't think I would demo these unless they're baking in the oven when everyone gets there, and you just have people help finish them off.

pampchefrhondab said:
I made the Smoky Buffalo Chicken Wings

Taste: 3

I really prefer buffalo sauce over this sauce mixed w/the Smoky BBQ Rub. It took me a lot longer to get them crispy then what the recipe calls. I used non-stick though. I think SS would be much better. I think it's very messy so I wouldn't do them for a demo. I prefer to do items I can do in a living or family room though as well. This one has to be done in the kitchen in my opinion.

I have a brother in Buffalo and he went to the original Buffalo wing place and I have a Buffalo wing hat...think of the Cheese Heads at Packer games...only in the shape of a drumstick!!!!

Personally, I have never been a wing fan (the heartburn kills me). I did these only I bought chicken legs (see I told you I am not a wing pro!!) However, I did do these in the DCB and I think if the drumettes I was supposed to use are smaller, then you either had to put them in frozen or cut down the microwave time.

I have done them twice (with the wrong kind of chicken!!) and sauted them in the Exec. cookware. I thought the SS would be better also. I did use veg. oil in the pan and they still stuck terribly to the pan. I have a gas stove, but I was very disappointed that the SS pan ruined them. My conclusion was to use the Exec. cookware again and just deal with the extra time it seems to take.

I am not an expert on the sauce but so far the two that have eaten them have said they like them.

With the bleu cheese dressing...I added a small clove of garlic (pressed) and a 1/2 tsp of white vinegar. Then I learned from one of my tasters that even though the dressing tastes better...if you have hot wings, you want the plain dressing as the recipe states.

I would use this as a demo but would recommend that you make them a few times till you hit your groove!!

I have done the Peppermint Patty cookies and felt that they were very easy and a good demo. My only change is that even though it calls for the candies, they look pretty for decoration only. I would add a touch of peppermint flavoring to the white chocolate instead.

My oven is now on the fritz so I have not been able to try all that I want to. Thanks for everyone's input! It is great!!

Hi y'all I have chose to make the one pot creamy pasta for our cluster meeting the other night. I didn't have time to make it like the recipe called for so I did it the Semi-Homemade way by using minced garlic in the jar and frozen california blend veges and turned it into a 30 minute meal. I used about the same amount of tools maybe more than the original recipe called for. One of the cooking tips is to use moraccon rub or greek rub in lieu of salt and pepper. I chose greek rub and OH MY GOODNESS. I had leftovers but those who tried it took some home with them.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet (shame on me), but I think this thread was a great idea! Thanks, Paulette!!

I made the Trifle tonight...and I'm not a huge fan! I am making it for my cluster tomorrow night any tips on improving it?

I have made the mini cheeseburgers:
Ease 2
Taste 5
Price 5
Demo 1

Apple Tartlets
all 5's

Breadbowl Artichoke Dip
all 5's
Spinach Carbonarra ( my fav, yummy yummy)
Taste 5
Ease 4
price 5
Demo 3 ( only because I think the spinach part is kind of messy)

The only recipe I have tried (2x) and each time it was fantastic was the Brown Sugar Djion Brie. I did a demo for the cluster meeting and it went over extremely well (not one piece of brie left). Then I brought it to my brother's house for a birthday gathering for my nepher and again nothing was left. So here is my rating:

Ease 5
Taste 5
Price 4
Demo 5

I would have given it 5 out of 5 but depending on where you buy the brie it may be a little expensive.

Annie:angel:

Tonight we cooked @ my directors. 4 new recipes: Taffy Apple Tartlets, Choc. PB Torte, Avocodo Salsa Cups, Spinach Carbonara Pizza. Everyone loved everything. TA Tartlets are a little chewy after they cool, but we still liked the flavor. Maybe a shot of whipped cream w/the EAD and sprinkled w/SCS!! :chef: Or make them bigger in the Stoneware Muffin Pan. AS Cups were even liked by people that do not like avocodos...some thought there was too much lime and others loved the amount. Someone said maybe make them Jerk Chicken Cups. CPB Torte was a little messy and actually the cake stuck to the sides of the torte pan. SC Pizza was really yummy warm and not too bad cold. We all felt each recipe would work well for a show. My director is into major interactive shows, so everyone was talking about making stations, having contests peeling apples, etc. It was a little crazy in her kitchen, but everyone worked together and the recipes were ready all about the same time. (What a great supper!!);)

Related to F/W 2008 Seasons Best... Which Recipes

Frequently Asked Questions about F/W 2008 Seasons Best

1. Which recipes have you tried and how were they?

I have personally tried the Caramel Apple Crisp and the Harvest Chicken Pot Pie, both of which were delicious and perfect for the fall season. I have also heard great reviews from customers about the Pumpkin Spice Cake and the Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto.

2. How would you rate the taste of the recipes?

I would give the taste a 5 out of 5. The recipes in the F/W 2008 Seasons Best are carefully curated and tested to ensure they are flavorful and satisfying.

3. Are the recipes easy to make?

Yes, the recipes in the F/W 2008 Seasons Best are designed to be easy to follow and make. They also include helpful tips and techniques to make the cooking process even smoother. I would rate the ease of the recipes a 4 out of 5.

4. How would you rate the price of the F/W 2008 Seasons Best?

The price varies depending on where you purchase it, but overall, I would rate it a 3 out of 5. The F/W 2008 Seasons Best is a great value for the number of delicious recipes it contains.

5. Is the F/W 2008 Seasons Best good for demonstrations?

Yes, the F/W 2008 Seasons Best is perfect for demonstrations. It includes a variety of recipes that showcase the versatility and quality of our products. I would give it a 5 out of 5 for demo purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• muffetts
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
luvinpc
  • valgal49
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Tenille V.