• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Male Cooks: A Cajun Tradition or Nationwide Phenomenon?

In summary, most American men cook, but not all of them are good at it. The Food Network has helped make cooking cool for guys, but there is still a gap between the men who cook and those who don't.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I was born and raised in south central Louisiana and notice that there are quite a few guys that cook in a family household. Is it the same all over the US or is it just our cajun heritage? I have had great luck with couples shows. The guys are my best customers for the new knives.

I find that maybe 2 out of 5 men are the cooks at my shows....problem is, the women come to the show without the man!

I had a couple at my show tonight....she stated that she would rather to tax returns than cook...........she is an accountant, but still, YUCK! Needless to say, her DH was the cook and he had a great time looking through that catalog!

My husband cooks quite a bit. His family is Italian and his father never cooked at all. But my DH picked up things from his mom and then had to learn when he was single and living alone. He cooks all the Italian meals in our house.

I think the Food Network has helped make cooking cool for guys...but I have to say that here in conservative W. Mich., and with DH's generation and older - most of the men don't cook. When I have couples shows, the younger guys are very interested, and it seems that they share the cooking duties...but the older guys mostly just say "yeah - that chicken was good, get whatever you need.":rolleyes: to their wives.

I do the cooking.The Kat Lady can burn water.

In culinary school, it was mostly men cooking! I was odd one out... but that may just be because I am kook-i-ee. It has always been cool for guys to cook! Men can be some of the best customers! Don't leave them out. The few shows I have had where men where there, the sales where really high! They just wanted all the cool tools. Like Home Depot for the kitchen. Ughh Ughh.

I know lots of men who cook ... but not many of them come to my shows!My sister held a show ... her DH is the cook in the family ... and he was off preparing for a hunting trip when the show was held! Now the stone is broken, however, and he's the one who whines that it's not been replaced!I have my first show going on that's hosted by a man and I am excited about it! I want to show off the forged cutlery and the cookware because they are big ticket items guys like to buy!

My DH is the cook in the house, but only bc I get home so late now with my new job. He's learned to appreciate my kitchen toys now that he's doing it all on his own.

Now let me just tell you, I NEVER said he was GOOD at cooking, but he has learned to appreciate PC. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I do the cooking.

The Kat Lady can burn water.

I just snorted when I read this!! My co-worker looked at me like I was nuts. LOL!!

I did 98% of the cooking in the house..
now that my son is older he has dinner on the table when I get home.

My wife could cook but we would Wrestle in the kitchen.. so she gave after a while.
My m-i-l.... she burns water too!!! Her husband did all the cooking.

my dad is the cook in my family.
most of the food that i cant stand to eat anymore are foods that my mom just ruined in the kitchen (ie pork chops, chinese food).

im lucky to have a boyfriend with amazing bbq skills too. so i get bbq'd burgers, steaks, fish for dinner most nights. ofcourse - since joining PC, im not so bad in the kitchen myself.

Related to Exploring Male Cooks: A Cajun Tradition or Nationwide Phenomenon?

1. Can men be successful cooks?

Absolutely! Cooking is a skill that anyone can learn and excel at, regardless of gender.

2. Are there any male chefs in the Pampered Chef brand?

Yes, there are many male chefs who work with Pampered Chef as consultants and ambassadors for our brand.

3. Is it common for men to be interested in cooking with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we have a diverse customer base and many men enjoy cooking with our high-quality products.

4. Are there any specific products that are better suited for male cooks?

No, all of our products are designed to be user-friendly and suitable for anyone who loves to cook.

5. Can men host Pampered Chef parties?

Absolutely! We encourage anyone who is passionate about our products to host a party and share the experience with their friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies