• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experimenting with Vanilla Cake: Add Cinnamon for Extra Flavor

In summary, some people add cinnamon to a plain vanilla cake mix to give it a little extra flavor. It depends on how much cinnamon you use and how cinnamony you want the cake to be.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
so I have an idea for a trifle but I want to use a vanilla cake but I would like to put some Cinnamon Plus in it before I make it to give it a little extra flavor since I am going to be using pumpkin in the trifle as well...Has anyone ever added Cinnamon or anything to a plain vanilla cake mix?? How much do you think that I would need?? If I don't get an answer I will just be forced to experiment.

Throw in a couple of teaspoons. It really depends on how cinnamony you want it. Of course, if you use 1 teaspoon and it's not strong enough, you can add cinnamon to the other layers. :)

BTW- the cinnamon and caramel sprinkles are really good mixed into cake batter. I used about 1 tablespoon of each in a standard 13x9 cake.

I was thinking like 1 Tablespoon...do you think that that would be too much??

I added some to my pound cake mix. I just sprinkled it in as I was stirring. Probably 1 tablespoon - it could've used more.

I don't think so. (see my note about the sprinkles. I was adding it when you posted.)

OOHH that is a great idea Ann...now I have a stupid question...was it 1Tbsp of each in the same cake?? Or did you mean 1Tbsp of each in different cakes?

I use all spices by taste......but I would start with a couple teaspoons, taste it, and just add more as you need to.

chefheidi2003 said:
OOHH that is a great idea Ann...now I have a stupid question...was it 1Tbsp of each in the same cake?? Or did you mean 1Tbsp of each in different cakes?
I used some of each. Didn't measure - just opened the "pour" side of the bottle and dumped some in. :)

As Becky said - put some in, taste it, and add more if needed. mmm.... raw cake batter.... delish!

chefann said:
I used some of each. Didn't measure - just opened the "pour" side of the bottle and dumped some in. :)

As Becky said - put some in, taste it, and add more if needed. mmm.... raw cake batter.... delish!

Ok that is what I will do then...I didn't even think about tasting it duh...I was just thinking about tasting it after it bakes and how that wouldn't work...I actually like raw cake batter.

1. Can I substitute ground cinnamon for cinnamon extract in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ground cinnamon for cinnamon extract in this recipe. However, be aware that ground cinnamon has a stronger flavor, so you may want to use less than the recommended amount of extract.

2. Can I use a different type of oil instead of vegetable oil?

Yes, you can use a different type of oil such as canola or coconut oil in this recipe. Just make sure to use a neutral-flavored oil so it doesn't overpower the vanilla and cinnamon flavors.

3. Can I add other spices along with the cinnamon?

Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with other spices like nutmeg, allspice, or cardamom to enhance the flavor of the vanilla cake. Just be mindful of the proportions and use a light hand when adding additional spices.

4. Can I use a vanilla cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch?

Yes, you can use a vanilla cake mix instead of making the cake from scratch. Simply follow the instructions on the cake mix box and add cinnamon to the batter before baking to achieve the extra flavor.

5. Can I use this recipe to make cupcakes instead of a cake?

Yes, you can use this recipe to make cupcakes instead of a cake. Just adjust the baking time accordingly, usually around 18-20 minutes for cupcakes. You can also add a cinnamon sugar topping for an extra burst of flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99