• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Miracle: Flight 1549 Landing Simulation by ExoSphere 3D

In summary, on January 15, 2009, US Airways Flight 1549 made an emergency landing in the Hudson River after a bird strike caused both engines to fail. Fortunately, all 155 passengers and crew members were safely evacuated with no fatalities, though some suffered minor injuries. The NTSB determined the cause of the engine failure and praised the pilot, Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger. New safety regulations were implemented as a result of the incident and the plane has been retired and is now on display at a museum.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Remember Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger landing Flight 1549 in the Hudson River last year?

A flight simulation has been created of the ill-fated flight and it has been posted on YouTube. You can see this amazing seven-minute video by clicking on this link:

ExoSphere 3D - Flight 1549

I find this to be totally amazing and it just enhances my admiration for the cool, calm and collected way the flight crew handled this emergency.

amazing, very cool and collected, if it were me, I'd have to change my pants....

As a retired Police Dispatcher, that's very interesting to me! It can get very chaotic when you have multiple things going on all at once, people talking to you on multiple radio frequencies, etc. Yes, they did a great job about trying to find a runway for him in a timely manner. I clicked on a 2nd link that took me to another perspective and you could hear the ground crew scrambling for the rescue. Hearing that part of the tape was pretty interesting too!Thanks for sharing. I miss being in the middle of the action, so that was a bit of a "fix" for me. LOL

Thank you for sharing..that was neat to listen to.

Discovery did a show called "Brace for Impact" about a month ago. It was very interesting. They walked through the days events with Sully. He even got in a helicopter and flew the route. The talked about what went through his head, they showed computer simulations and actual video from the day of the crash. They talked to passengers about their experiences.

Related to Experience the Miracle: Flight 1549 Landing Simulation by ExoSphere 3D

What happened to US Airways Flight 1549?

On January 15, 2009, US Airways Flight 1549, also known as the "Miracle on the Hudson," was forced to make an emergency landing in the Hudson River after striking a flock of birds, causing both engines to fail.

Were there any casualties on US Airways Flight 1549?

Thankfully, all 155 passengers and crew members on board the flight were able to evacuate safely and there were no fatalities. However, some passengers did suffer minor injuries.

What was the outcome of the investigation into US Airways Flight 1549?

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) conducted an investigation and determined that the cause of the engine failure was due to the bird strike. The pilot, Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger, was praised for his quick thinking and expert handling of the emergency situation.

Has US Airways Flight 1549 changed any safety protocols for future flights?

As a result of the incident, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) implemented new regulations requiring airlines to conduct more frequent inspections of aircraft engines for signs of bird damage. Pilots also receive additional training on how to handle bird strikes.

Is US Airways Flight 1549 still in service?

US Airways Flight 1549 is no longer in service as it was permanently retired after the incident. However, the plane, an Airbus A320, is now on display at the Carolinas Aviation Museum in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
Back