• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience the Joy of Snow in Nebraska: Snowfall After Unusual Temperatures

In summary, it's finally snowing in Nebraska, and people in other states are also enjoying the weather.
apriljc
I live in Nebraska and it is finally snowing! The temperatures for December were in the 40's-50's, not December weather at all. It has been raining for the last two days and now this morning snow was on the ground. My two boys are so excited that they want to go outside and play in the snow. My DH had to go and drive on the roads and he says they are icy so that is a bad thing, expecially on New Year's Eve. I told him to go and buy snowpants and snowboots that will fit the boys, last years don't fit. I had to just share that it was snowing.

April I am jealous. It doesn't snow much here, just some flurries here & there. Last year it stuck for a few hours, then it was gone!! Enjoy your snow!:)

It's raining here. Let it rain...you don't have to shovel rain.If there is such a thing as global warming, and this is the result, BRING IT ON!

I would be so happy if it snowed just one day in Florida! My kids have NO idea what snow is except on TV!;)

no snow herethat is really odd as we in duluth area don't have any snow that has stuck. it snowed on friday but it is raining today and melting it. we need a good snow before any big freeze comes otherwise there will be frozen pipes everywhere. not fun fixing pipes in a crawlspace in the dead of winter.

apriljc said:
I live in Nebraska and it is finally snowing! The temperatures for December were in the 40's-50's, not December weather at all. It has been raining for the last two days and now this morning snow was on the ground. My two boys are so excited that they want to go outside and play in the snow. My DH had to go and drive on the roads and he says they are icy so that is a bad thing, expecially on New Year's Eve. I told him to go and buy snowpants and snowboots that will fit the boys, last years don't fit. I had to just share that it was snowing.
We have been having the same weather, 50's and no snow. It actually snowed yesterday for a while but it didn't stick. Usually we would have had a couple of good storms by now. Global Warming!

poohritz said:
that is really odd as we in duluth area don't have any snow that has stuck. it snowed on friday but it is raining today and melting it. we need a good snow before any big freeze comes otherwise there will be frozen pipes everywhere. not fun fixing pipes in a crawlspace in the dead of winter.
At least, living in Duluth, you can go across the bridge and feel Superior.

I'm in South Dakota and it finally snowed here too! Last night DH was out and walked home from the bars..he said it was really icy and just 15 minutes ago I looked outside and was shocked to see everything covered in snow...as much as I hate driving in it..its about time we got some of it! I was starting to think with all the rain that maybe it was really April and not December!

No snow here in Illinois - although I'm thrilled that it's been in the 40's and 50's - I'll take that anyday over the cold! We had a big snow on December 1st and nothing since - and it's supposed to be in the 50's here in on Thursday! It's lulling me into thinking that it's already March - I'm not a big fan of winter.

PampMomof3 said:
I would be so happy if it snowed just one day in Florida! My kids have NO idea what snow is except on TV!;)

They can have some of ours!!! We don't have much down right now, but come January we will start getting our icky crappy snow storms. Its 6pm here now and its snowing soo nice out right now. It looks very winter wonderlandish here and will be nice for the New Years festivities here. It is about 0 or 1 degree out right now. Yesterday it went to -18 degrees celcius.. it was frickin' freezing!!!

But yes the snow has its nice moments .. I love to cross country ski. I'm not sure if I will get to ski this winter since I'm still getting over my back and neck injuries from the car accident back in August. Also my best friend whom I ski with is at the moment 4 months preggy... She won't be doing much skiiing this winter hee hee... oh well hopefully next year.

Cheers

We got 48 inches in December- so everyone is welcome to come visit anytime!! We have enough to share!

Snow?I am jealous too! We went to Colorado the middle of December and all my 4 year old wanted to do was play in the snow, we even drove up to 9000 ft and still couldnt find enough. The day we left the snow started and then then the blizzard that closed down the city on the 20th - boohoo - I live in Alabama and we saw snow new years day 2002 and then it melted - i will just have to take the beach!

Noelle Williams
Sales Director
Alabama

It's amazing what people sell on Ebay!!!LOL I am not that desperate for snow.

Related to Experience the Joy of Snow in Nebraska: Snowfall After Unusual Temperatures

1. How can I make the most of snowfall after unusual temperatures in Nebraska?

There are a few ways to make the most of snowfall after unusual temperatures in Nebraska. First, make sure to prepare your home by stocking up on winter essentials like shovels, salt, and warm clothing. You can also enjoy outdoor activities like building snowmen, sledding, and ice skating. Lastly, don't forget to indulge in some hot cocoa and cozy indoor activities like baking and crafting.

2. What Pampered Chef products can help with cooking and baking during the snowy weather in Nebraska?

We have a variety of products that can help with cooking and baking during snowy weather in Nebraska. Our stoneware collection is perfect for making hearty soups and stews, while our non-stick cookware is great for making warm and comforting dishes like casseroles. Our Mix 'N Chop and Mix 'N Scraper are also great tools for making delicious baked goods like cookies and bread.

3. How can I stay safe while driving in snowy conditions in Nebraska?

Driving in snowy conditions can be dangerous, so it's important to take precautions. Make sure to have a winter emergency kit in your car, including items like a snow shovel, ice scraper, and blankets. Also, drive slowly and leave plenty of space between you and other vehicles. If possible, avoid driving in severe snowstorms and check weather and road conditions before heading out.

4. What are some creative ways to use snow as a natural ingredient in cooking and baking?

Snow can be a fun and unique natural ingredient to use in cooking and baking. You can use it to make snow ice cream by adding milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. You can also use it to make homemade snow cones by adding flavored syrups. For baking, you can use snow to make a refreshing sorbet or use it to chill drinks and desserts.

5. What are some fun indoor activities to do with kids during a snow day in Nebraska?

Snow days are a great opportunity to bond with your kids and have some fun indoors. You can have a snowball fight using balled-up socks or have a snowman building competition using different household items. You can also have a movie marathon or play board games together. Get creative and have fun with your kids while staying warm and cozy inside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sfdavis918
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns