• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expanding Your Reach: Door-to-Door Marketing for Your Business in the Country

opportunity to shop for Mother's Day. I knocked on about 125 doors in my immediate housing development (relatively new area). I talked to people who answered the door & gave them a flyer, and left flyers in the door when no one answered.I tried it a few months ago in my neighborhood. I advertised my open house as a "Meet Your Neighbors" and an... opportunity to shop for Mother's Day. I knocked on about 125 doors in my immediate housing development (relatively new area). I talked to people who answered the door & gave them a flyer, and left flyers in the door when no one answered.I tried it a few months ago in my neighborhood.
smallfarmmom
As I mentioned in another thread, I cannot help family members by offering to host a show for them. So I need to expand my horizons...have any of you gone door to door and what were the results?

I live in the country, but in a 3 mile stretch I can hit 15 houses. I would do this in the evening face to face b/c I'm afraid if I just leave it on the mailbox or door it will get thrown away. Everyone keeps to themselves, so face to face may make them more comfortable looking at the information because they will associate me with the house I live in, not just some stranger leaving things on their door.

I figured that if I purchased the door bags from Nancy's ($6/100), included a business card w/magnet, a catalog, and 2 color flyers (1 There's a PC Consultant in Your Neighborhood, gleaned from here THANKS!, and a Sept-Dec Specials Flyer) it will cost about $1.20 each X 15 = $18

Is it worth it?

I think that is a really great idea! I just recently went Door To Door, i live in a small neighborhood, but met about 8 people or so, and left flyers(people who werent home) I am having open house this sunday so hopefully they will show up, if not i thought, im getting my name out there. There might be that one person who sees my flyer and says "Man i love pc!!" and calls me and books a show, that one is worth it to me!
So i say go girl!!

Anyone else have thoughts on this????

I've been thinking about doing something like this, but I haven't had the time, or courage to do it yet. I did find that flyer, so if I decide to do it, I'll let you know my results!! Lately, the phone hasn't been working for me, so maybe a face-to-face "sales call" would work, I don't know!

I tried it a few months ago in my neighborhood. I advertised my open house as a "Meet Your Neighbors" and an opportunity to shop for Mother's Day. I knocked on about 125 doors in my immediate housing development (relatively new area). I talked to people who answered the door & gave them a flyer, and left flyers in the door when no one answered.

I hate to say it, but NO ONE CAME! I didn't have really high expectations, but a few people said they wanted to come so I was hoping to have a few. But I didn't get their information so I couldn't follow up by phone. So I would suggest if you do try it to get the phone info on anyone who says they might come or place an order.

Oh, I don't plan on having an open house. I want to offer them a catalog/cooking show. Let them know I'm here & show the new catalog & host/guest specials.

Door to DoorYOU MUST GET CONTACT INFORMATION.
Passing thought…
Doors 1-10 or so:
"Hi! I'm Susy Consultant and I'm your neighbor and a Pampered Chef consultant! I live down xxx." {insert small talk as needed to break ice...} Then, are they familiar with PC; ever hosted a show? Offer catalog, and be sure to show hostess specials and discuss host benefits, etc. so that part 2 below won't be so awkward
"I was hoping we could get a group of neighbors together for a party and meet each other. Would you be interested in participating?" Opportunity to get their information here without seeming like a salesperson. Get all info on a tablet format.​
Doors 10 or so…or when you have a Really Friendly/Bubbly response during your conversation with them, then offer same introduction scenario as before, but...if they're interested in participating...get their information - then let them know....
"well, it looks like we've already got at least 10 people here in the neighborhood who are interested in coming to a Pampered Chef neighborhood party! What would you say about being the hostess for the party and receiving the free and discounted products that we discussed earlier?”

I’d personally offer to send out the invitations, especially on this kind of approach since potential hostess probably doesn’t know ½ of these folks either and they’ll recognize your name. I’d also make the phone calls. The neighbors’ info was given to YOU, not the other neighbor and should be treated as confidential.

If all else fails, you’ve got a great start to a guest list for your own show...And don’t stop at 10 because you WILL need more.

Rita

Joyful said:
I tried it a few months ago in my neighborhood. I advertised my open house as a "Meet Your Neighbors" and an opportunity to shop for Mother's Day. I knocked on about 125 doors in my immediate housing development (relatively new area). I talked to people who answered the door & gave them a flyer, and left flyers in the door when no one answered.

I hate to say it, but NO ONE CAME! I didn't have really high expectations, but a few people said they wanted to come so I was hoping to have a few. But I didn't get their information so I couldn't follow up by phone. So I would suggest if you do try it to get the phone info on anyone who says they might come or place an order.

I had the same results 3 times! It got so depressing that I haven't done it again. I do leave catalogs at doors and just hope for the best. At least we can say we are trying. Who knows the more people we talk to face to face the more likely they will keep us in mind at some point in the future. I also have a decal on my car so I hope that people will make the connection and keep me in mind in the future.

I have had a thought of going with a mini-kit (haven't thought of what to put in it though) light enough to carry and go door to door and ask people if they have 10 minutes to make dinner. I was thinking of the covered baker ( I know heavy) the seasonings tongs, mix n' scraper, etc. Anyway, I would come back the next day or if I go in the afternoon and talk to SAHM's come back in the evening?

The idea came when I was thinking about how the Kirby people get into my home? They offer a Free Carpet Cleaning! So why not offer dinner? Of course they would have to supply the ing. and hopefully I could get some sales or shows.

Who knows it was just an idea. But that's how everyone starts.

1. How do I identify potential customers in rural areas?

To identify potential customers in rural areas, you can start by researching local events and community gatherings where you can set up a booth or table to showcase your products. You can also reach out to local businesses and offer to partner with them, such as providing samples or hosting a cooking demonstration at their store.

2. What are some effective ways to advertise in rural areas?

Some effective ways to advertise in rural areas include using traditional methods like flyers, posters, and local newspapers. You can also utilize social media to reach a wider audience and target specific demographics in the area. Collaborating with other local businesses or sponsoring community events can also help get your name out there.

3. How can I make my door-to-door marketing more successful?

To make your door-to-door marketing more successful, it's important to have a clear and concise pitch about your products and to be friendly and approachable. You can also offer special promotions or discounts for first-time customers to entice them to make a purchase. It's also helpful to have business cards or flyers with your contact information for potential customers to reference later.

4. How do I handle rejection when door-to-door marketing?

Rejection is a normal part of door-to-door marketing, and it's important to not take it personally. Remember to stay positive and keep a professional demeanor. If a potential customer is not interested, thank them for their time and leave them with a business card or flyer in case they change their mind in the future.

5. What are some tips for building relationships with customers in rural areas?

Building relationships with customers in rural areas is all about being genuine and showing that you care about their needs. Take the time to get to know your customers and their families, and ask for their feedback and suggestions. Offer personalized recommendations and follow up with them to see how they are enjoying your products. Building trust and rapport with your customers can lead to repeat business and positive word-of-mouth referrals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • nay62
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
chesse
  • cajunchelle
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies