• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Every Vote Counts....for Trifles!

In summary, the group is discussing options for a cooking competition and deciding between a pumpkin trifle and a chocolate trifle. Some prefer pumpkin because it is more festive for the season, while others prefer chocolate because it appeals to more guests. Some also mention alternative recipes like a Black Forest trifle and a PB trifle. There is a general agreement that the pumpkin trifle and the tiramisu brownie trifle are both delicious options.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK time to vote for something FUN! I am doing a hide the turkey show and my host would like to do 2 recipes as a competition of sorts. We will make the cranberry turkey ring to showcase the stoneware. I thought it might be fun to do a trifle as the other recipe to showcase the Dec special. Both the pumpkin and tiramisu trifle look wonderful.

What's your vote, and why?

Thanks so much!

Pumpkin b/c I don't like coffee (or rather coffee doesn't like me)

I think pumpkin will go with the theme better, and I love pumpkin during this time of year. Otherwise, I always pick chocolate.

I would prefer something else - like the Black Forest Trifle that's featured in the Mini Catalog. I had it Monday night at National Meeting and it was absolutely wonderful! Plus it matches the Beaded Serving peices perfectly as far as color.

Pumpkin -- more fallish. We had an awesome one at NMD. Let me see if I can find the recipe.

If you do the pumpkin, make sure the big can of pumpkin pie mix has the evaporated milk in it. My host bought the pie mix that you had to add the evaporated milk and it was pretty runny.

I :love: chocolate, so I am bias with the following statement... I think something chocolate will appeal to more guests.

Im not a fan of pumpkin anything... :yuck: but, I am sure the pumpkin trifle will look gorgeous and def. go with the theme...

Again, I'd perfer chocolate. Jodi has an excellent recipe she passed along recently that I am going to make this saturday for company. I also made the tiramisu brownie trifle in October, was delish, but super-duper rich.

If you're going to do chocolate, Janet's PB Trifle gets my vote, though, the tiramisu is quite yummy too!

janezapchef said:
If you're going to do chocolate, Janet's PB Trifle gets my vote, though, the tiramisu is quite yummy too!

I agree - I like the PB trifle better too.....

That being said, I would do pumpkin! LOVE the pumpkin trifle! It's just that time of the year.

And, strangely, I have had a rash of people at shows lately who don't like chocolate. I did the Lava Cake tonight, and had a couple who said they didn't like chocolate. Seriously! How can that be?

here is Jodi's recipe...

Chocolate Heath Bar Trifle

2 brownie mix and ingredients to make brownies
2 boxes choc pudding
3 cups milk
1 large container of Cool Whip
4 Skor or Heath bars

Mix brownie mixes with eggs, oil and water and spread in Large Bar Pan. Bake according to temp on box about 25 - 30 minutes. Cool completely.

Mix 2 boxes of pudding with 3 cups of milk for about 2 minutes with Stainless Whisk.

Chop chocolate bars with Crinkle Cutter.

Layer 1/2 of brownie pieces, 1/2 of pudding, 1/2 of Cool Whip and 1/2 of Skor bar in Trifle Bowl. Repeat - brownie, pudding, cool whip and Skor bar.

Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving

I am currently in LOVE with the Black Forest Trifle! :)

1) Black Forest Trifle - since it's in the Holiday Catalogue and it does look so festive
2) Tiramisu Brownie Trifle - omg it's heaven!
3) Fudgey Brownie Trifle
4) Pumpkin Trifle would be good - but if you're Thanksgiving is anything like it is here, it's Pumpkin-o-rama - I'd rather have something other than pumpkin.

Made the Black Forest on Monday at a show ($1,300 show btw) and it was VERY yummy....

Attachments

• black_forest_trifle_recipe_en_ca.pdf
    136.8 KB · Views: 278
  • Fudgey Brownie Trifle.doc
    40 KB · Views: 288
  • Tiramisu Brownie Trifle.doc
    23 KB · Views: 276
Where are you all getting the Pumpkin Trifle recipe?

Another good one is the Tiramisu Brownie Squares (from All The Best) made as a trifle instead of bars. That's what I'm doing at my show tomorrow.My upline told us at our NMD meeting that she did the tiramisu trifle for a group of Italian-American women and they LOVED it. They thought it was pretty authentic tasting, and much easier than the real thing.

janezapchef said:

I agree, my vote is Janet's. Everyone, including me, LOVES :love: it.

Related to Every Vote Counts....for Trifles!

1. What is "Every Vote Counts....for Trifles!"?

"Every Vote Counts....for Trifles!" is a fundraising campaign created by Pampered Chef to support local food banks and charities.

2. How does the campaign work?

For every vote cast on our website, Pampered Chef will donate $1 to a selected food bank or charity. You can also purchase any of our designated "Trifles!" products and a portion of the proceeds will be donated as well.

3. Who can participate in the campaign?

Anyone can participate! You do not need to be a Pampered Chef customer to cast a vote or purchase a "Trifles!" product. We welcome everyone to join us in supporting this great cause.

4. How are the food banks and charities chosen?

Pampered Chef carefully selects food banks and charities in different regions to ensure that our donations have a wide impact. We also consider organizations that align with our own mission and values.

5. Can I vote more than once?

Yes, you can cast a vote once per day throughout the duration of the campaign. However, only one vote per day will count towards the donation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • GourmetGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies