• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Energy Vampires: Fact or Fiction?

In summary, "Energy Vampires" are electronic devices that consume energy even when they are turned off or in standby mode. To identify them, you can use a watt meter to measure energy usage. They are a real issue and can account for up to 10% of household energy usage, but can be reduced by unplugging them when not in use, using power strips, and upgrading to energy-efficient devices. Energy vampires can also contribute to environmental pollution.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I thought this was an interesting article, with an interesting title! I've always wondered about this!

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/the_conscious_consumer/50/energy-vampires-fact-versus-fiction.html

Very interesting article - thanks for sharing it.

At first I thought it would be about kids. LOL

Hey there! Thanks for sharing this article. I agree, the title definitely caught my attention. I think it's always important to question and research things that we've always wondered about. And with energy conservation becoming more and more important, it's great to have some clarification on the concept of "energy vampires." I'll definitely give this a read. Thanks again for sharing!

Related to Energy Vampires: Fact or Fiction?

1. What are "Energy Vampires"?

"Energy Vampires" are electronic devices that continue to use energy even when they are turned off or in standby mode. These devices can consume a significant amount of electricity over time, leading to higher energy bills.

2. How do I know if I have energy vampires in my home?

One way to identify energy vampires is by using a watt meter to measure the energy usage of your electronic devices. If the meter shows energy usage when the device is turned off or not in use, it is likely an energy vampire.

3. Are energy vampires a real issue or just a myth?

Energy vampires are a real issue and can account for up to 10% of your household's energy usage. While not all electronic devices are energy vampires, it is important to identify and eliminate them to save on energy costs.

4. How can I reduce the energy usage of energy vampires?

One way to reduce the energy usage of energy vampires is by unplugging them when not in use. You can also use power strips with an on/off switch to easily turn off multiple devices at once. Upgrading to ENERGY STAR certified devices can also help reduce energy consumption.

5. Can energy vampires cause any other issues besides higher energy bills?

Aside from higher energy bills, energy vampires can also contribute to carbon emissions and environmental pollution. Reducing energy usage from these devices can help create a more sustainable environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
kcmckay