• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Energize Your Team: Navigating New Directors

Erin, I actually founds my job (10am-2pm) on www.Craigslist.com you should check it out.yup I work 9-2 ,3 days a week in retail. I love the no pressure atmosphere, and when I leave work , I really LEAVE ! ;)Newer DirectorsHow are you and your teams doing? Its important to gain momentum and depth during this busy time of year and most important have a positive attitude.Well, for me, one of my recruits just signed her first yesterday. I'm a bit concerned but I think it will be fine ultimately. This recruit of mine has gone back and forth numerous times on whether she wants to stay
DebPC
Staff member
Newer DirectorsHow are you and your teams doing? Its important to gain momentum and depth during this busy time of year and most important have a positive attitude.

Well, for me, one of my recruits just signed her first yesterday. I'm a bit concerned but I think it will be fine ultimately. This recruit of mine has gone back and forth numerous times on whether she wants to stay with the business or not, she refuses to attend any training, and I even can't get her to do the online training. She also won't accept training calls. I could go on and on. However, she does great at her shows (she could sell glasses to a blind man) but I can only imagine how her customer care REALLY is.

Regardless, I now have a team of 10 (7 first line, 3 second line) with 2 desperately trying to get their second recruit so they can promote to FD.

My first month as a Director was my highest ever ($4200 personal) and my team did over $7000. I'm loving all the info I'm finding on how to lead my team. And I have my Cluster Web set up with everyone's stats from last month.

I'm feeling good about everything right now. I'm trying to take it slow and steady and think through everything I'm implementing because it will be harder to maintain as my team grows.

Thanks for asking!

My team is doing really well! We have added 6 consultants in the 2 months since I promoted (from 11 to 17). My first month as a Director we barely made it to the $4000 mark, last month we soared past the $6000 mark. I really need to get more shows added to my caledar! It's embarrassing when my consultants have a more successful month than me. :eek: I am very proud of my team and have really been using a lot of the fabulous ideas from this site to get them to stay motivated.

Thanks!

September was my teams' first month. Sales, without me, were $3200...but they are already over $4000 for October (without me...yeah!). Added three members last month and am working with two for October/November.

I have one consultant who just went inactive, but is dealing with some significant issues...she may come back on board once she moves (again) later this year.

I'm taking this week 'off' to focus on director business and tools (such as cluster web). There is so much to learn....a little overwhelming.

Debi: congrats on the personal best...woo-hoo!!!!

kris

Slow going but trying to add new team members..for some reason I can't close the deal! I have 5 fence sitters...keeping my fingers crossed and keeping in contact. I am going to the New Director Academy this weekend, hopefully I will learn lots of amazing things :)

I promoted in January. I now have 9 active on my team, all mine, and have lost 2 since I became a director. My team is mostly very part time -- and many are geographically distant by 1-3 hours, so I'm always happy when we make $4,000 AND I have 5 to keep my directorship!

I feel I am getting better recruit leads now and handle them better than in the past. I am confident I will have a team of 20 by this time next year.

Two of my gals are working toward directorship and one is working to become a future. Currently NONE of these gals has a recruit so the potential is really good if they continue to follow thru on their goals.

Well my first month, we didn't make our $4k goal, last month, I had $3500 alone in sales and they had they had $3400 so we ROCKED!!! This month we're doing great as well!! I have a new girl who is still in her first 30 days do her first show and its currently over $700 in sales and she had a show last night and it's at $963!! She's STOKED!!! So, my team and I have over $2500 in the first 2 weeks! I'm so excited!!!!:D

A couple of days ago I went and put a job app in at Crate&Barrel for the holidays. Needed some extra cash, wanted to meet new people and contacts, and they give employees a 30% discount.

Anyone else pick up temp work for the holidays? Currently or in the past?

--Jenny L

I have not worked a "real" job since my youngest son was born 11 years ago. DH and I made a deal a long time ago that if we could finacially, I would always stay home.

The asst teacher in my youngest's class keeps asking me if I am going to sub or ta at the school. DH and I are currently "talking" about it. I have also considered finding a retail job but I am not sure if anyone would hire for the times I am willing to work.

Anyway....I guess I would consider it if it did not cut into my before and after school time with my kids...

erinyourpclady said:
I have not worked a "real" job since my youngest son was born 11 years ago. DH and I made a deal a long time ago that if we could finacially, I would always stay home.

The asst teacher in my youngest's class keeps asking me if I am going to sub or ta at the school. DH and I are currently "talking" about it. I have also considered finding a retail job but I am not sure if anyone would hire for the times I am willing to work.

Anyway....I guess I would consider it if it did not cut into my before and after school time with my kids...

Erin, I actually founds my job (10am-2pm) on www.Craigslist.com you should check it out.

yup I work 9-2 ,3 days a week in retail. I love the no pressure atmosphere, and when I leave work , I really LEAVE ! ;)

Related to Energize Your Team: Navigating New Directors

1. How can I effectively communicate with new directors on my team?

Effective communication with new directors on your team starts with establishing a strong foundation of trust and respect. Be open and transparent in your communication and make sure to actively listen and address any concerns or questions they may have. Regular check-ins and team meetings can also help foster strong communication and collaboration.

2. How can I help new directors adjust to their role and responsibilities?

One way to help new directors adjust to their role and responsibilities is by providing them with a thorough onboarding process. This can include introducing them to the team, reviewing company policies and procedures, and setting clear expectations and goals. Additionally, offering mentorship and support can also aid in their adjustment to their new role.

3. How can I encourage new directors to bring fresh ideas and perspectives to the team?

Encouraging new directors to bring fresh ideas and perspectives can be done by creating a positive and inclusive work environment. Allow them to share their thoughts and ideas without judgment and actively seek out their opinions during team discussions. Recognize and reward innovative thinking and encourage collaboration among team members.

4. How can I address conflicts or challenges that may arise with new directors?

Conflicts or challenges may arise with new directors due to differing leadership styles or conflicting personalities. It's important to address these issues promptly and directly. Encourage open and honest communication, listen to all perspectives, and work towards finding a resolution that is beneficial for the entire team.

5. How can I support new directors in their professional development?

Supporting new directors in their professional development can be done by offering opportunities for training, networking, and mentorship. Encourage them to set goals and provide resources to help them achieve those goals. Regularly check in with them to see how they are progressing and offer guidance and support along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
lacychef