• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Crescent-Roll Chocolate Chip Treat Recipe

In summary, the conversation was about a dessert made with crescent rolls, chocolate chips, and sugar in the middle, and the person wanted the exact recipe. Some suggestions were made, including a Pecan Lattice Tart and a Chocolate Swirl Bread recipe using crescent rolls. The consultant was suggested to be contacted for the recipe, and variations such as White Chocolate Cherry Swirl Bread were mentioned. The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart recipe involves melting chocolate and butter, adding pecans, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup, and vanilla, and using pie crust to make a lattice top.
DeeDee616
I went to a show in January and the consulant made a dessert with cresent rolls, chocolate chips and sugar in the middle. I wanted the exact recipe. I know you put some butter in the mixture and vanilla. But i wanted to know the exact recipe. Thanks!

Sounds interesting. Would love to know if it is a PC recipe or not.

I cant find it in my cookbooks but I swear I have seen something like it maybe I am missing a cookbook or saw it in the dessert one. Dee Dee have you tried calling the hostess or consultant? I agree it sounds really good.

Couldn't you call the consultant and find out the recipe from her? I would be interested in knowing it as well!! Sounds good.

The only thing I can think of is the Pecan Lattice Tart - but it has refrigerated pie crusts and brown sugar. But it does have choc. chips, butter and vanilla as well as pecans, an egg and corn syrup. Could this be it?

Was it rolled up like cinnamon rolls or just a pizza style? This doesn't sound familiar to me.

There was a chocolate swirl bread recipe when I started with PC that used refrigerated bread and chocolate. I suppose you could make it with crescent rolls. And even make them as individual servings instead of mini loaves. The bread version is in All The Best.Double Chocolate Swirl BreadBread
1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels, chopped
2 packages (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated, dividedChocolate Drizzle
1/2 cup white or semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
additional sliced almonds or chocolate morsels (optional)Preheat oven to 375˚F. For bread lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and white chocolate morsels; place in Classic Batter Bowl.Unroll one package of the bread dough on lightly floured surface; do not stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in Small Batter Bowl; brush dough with a portion of egg white mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller, pressing mixture into dough.Unroll remaining package of dough directly over first dough layer, matching edges and rolling lightly to seal. Brush with a portion of the egg white mixture. Grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough. Sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly. Pinch edge to seal. Slice roll into 4 equal portions; place seam side down in pan. Make deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg white mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.For chocolate drizzle, place chocolate morsels and oil in Small Micro Cooker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Do not overheat.) Drizzle over loaves; sprinkle with additional almonds or chocolate morsels, if desired.Yield: 16 servingsVariation: White Chocolate Cherry Swirl Bread: Substitute 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries for the grated semi-sweet chocolate morsels; proceed as recipe directs. Drizzle finished loaves as directed in step 5; garnish with halved maraschino cherries and sliced almonds.

She mentioned crescent rolls. I think the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is a likely candidate except it uses pie crust but the consultant could have been creative - or she was using one of her own recipes.

The Pampered Chef ® Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart Recipe

1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon butter
3/4 cup pecan halves
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon Double-Strength Vanilla
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on package
Additional pecan halves and vanilla ice cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 375°F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chocolate morsels and butter. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Finely chop pecans using Food Chopper. Add pecans, brown sugar, egg, corn syrup and vanilla to chocolate mixture; whisk using Stainless Whisk and set aside.

Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Large Round Stone and roll to a 13-inch circle using Baker's Roller®. Unroll second pie crust and gently fold in half. Starting in center, cut folded crust crosswise into twelve 3/4-inch-wide strips using Crinkle Cutter; discard ends so all strips are crinkled.

Spoon pecan mixture over center of crust on baking stone using Small Mix 'N Scraper®; spread to a 10-inch circle. Carefully twist six of the pie crust strips and place evenly over filling in horizontal rows. (Place longest strips across widest point.) Twist remaining strips and lay over filling in vertical rows, forming a lattice pattern. Firmly press ends of strips onto edge of crust. Fold edge of crust over ends of strips, pinching edges to seal. Place additional pecan halves between lattice strips, if desired.

Bake 28-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. To serve, cut into wedges using Utility Knife and serve using Mini-Serving Spatula. Serve with ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Corn syrup is a sweet syrup extracted from corn that is available in light and dark varieties. It contributes chewiness to this tart's flavorful filling.

If desired, 1 teaspoon vanilla can be substituted for the Double-Strength Vanilla.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Ann, that is the recipe that I first thought of! But it doesn't have sugar & butter in the middle. I looked it up to see if maybe that was it.

The one you mentioned does sound familiar, but I don't think it's a PC recipe. It sounds like something from one of the Pillsbury cookbooks (you know, the ones at the checkout lane) that feature crescent rolls.

I found a couple on the Pillsbury site that sound promising:

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=18928
http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=12303 (no butter in these, but they sound really good!)

I'm afraid to look at those Ann....

These are DA BOMB as my 6 year old informed me ... I found the recipe in "brunch menus" and my host selected it. Now I make them all the time. You can make them with crescent rolls ~ but I liked the taste of the pie crust better (as this recipe calls for)

Hope this is what you are looking for!!!

Nutty Chocolate Crescent Pastries
A simple filling of rich milk chocolate, chopped nuts and cinnamon gets rolled in triangles of convenience pastry for these tempting crescents.

1 package (15 oz.) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/3 cup nuts, finely chopped, divided
3 bars (1.55 oz. each) milk chocolate candy
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
Prep time: 25 minutes (including time for pie crusts to stand)

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For pastries, let pie crusts stand at room temperature 15 minutes before unrolling. Finely chop nuts using Food Chopper. Break chocolate into squares and place in Small Micro-Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1 minute, or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the nuts, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.

2. Cut each crust into wedges using Pizza Cutter. Place a rounded 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto widest end of each wedge. Starting at widest end of wedge, roll up to opposite point. Place point side down on flat Baking Stone.

3. Bake 14-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove pastries to Nonstick Cooling Rack; cool completely.

4. For glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over cooled pastries. Sprinkle evenly with remaining nuts.

OK...i found the consultants web site, and the recipe was on there...here is is (though when i was at the show he didn't use the graham crackers, or the marshmellos)

GOURMET CHOCOLATE SMORES
You asked for it, so here it is...
The Gourmet Chocolate Smores

Chocolate Smores Danish
2 Packages of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
(Please do not substitute store brands )

2 cups (1 small bag) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

2 cups of MINI Marshmallows

4 Cinnamon Graham Crackers

½ cup of flour

½ cup of sugar

¼ cup of butter (Do not substitute Margarine)

1 egg

Cinnamon and sugar mix

A little Lemon juice and Vanilla extract if you have it or can borrow some

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lay the crescent rolls out on the Stoneware Bar Pan, in the shape of a pine tree. The cresent rolls will overlap in the center. Use both packages. Or you may choose to make this in any other braided shape on other Pampered Chef stones.

Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on to the top of the rolled out crescent rolls. Then with the Food Chopper, chop up four graham crackers.
Place the crackers as the next layer on top of the cresent rolls.
Next add all but a few of the chocolate chips on top of this.
Add the marshamallows on top of that.

Braid the crescent rolls up.

Take the flour, sugar, 1 tbsp of vanilla, and lemon, and the butter and cut with a fork making a crumble topping.

With the egg seperator, seperate one egg, and then bruch on top of the braid with the silicone pastry brush. Add the crumble topping to this, and then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over that.

Bake in the over for about 20 minutes on 350 or until nice and golden brown.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Easy Crescent-Roll Chocolate Chip Treat Recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include crescent roll dough, chocolate chips, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.

2. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8 servings.

3. Can I use a different type of chocolate instead of chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer, such as chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chunks.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and bake it later?

Yes, you can assemble the crescent rolls and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.

5. Can I use a different type of dough other than crescent roll?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or biscuit dough as a substitute for crescent roll dough in this recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci