• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy and Delicious Acorn Squash Recipe in the DCB - Ready in Minutes!

In summary, "Acorn Squash in the Dcb" is a Pampered Chef recipe featuring acorn squash cooked in the Deep Covered Baker using Stoneware. To prepare the squash, cut it in half and place it cut-side down in the DCB. The cooking time varies, but generally takes 25-30 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven. Other types of squash can be used, but may require different cooking times. This dish can be served as a side dish or vegetarian main course, and can be topped with seasonings, glaze, or toppings like nuts or dried cranberries. It pairs well with roasted meats, salads, or other seasonal vegetables.
aksusan
I made some tonight in the DCB to see what it would be like. I haven't had acorn squash since I was a kid and my mom made it with butter & brown sugar. I did a search on allrecipes and found several with good info, then made mine like this. (I didn't want to wait an hour for it to bake in the oven)

1 acorn squash, halved & seeded
1 pkg stove top stuffing mix
handful each of pkg'd apricots (diced) and craisins
12 oz can of apricot nectar

Place the squash in DCB cut side up. Mix remaining ingredients in small batter bowl. Fill cavity with stuffing mixture. Microwave 8 minutes on high, then rotate squash (I had them too close together and the middles weren't getting as done). Continue to microwave 6-10 minutes longer, checking as you go.

Could be 4 sides (cut each half in 1/2 to serve), or 2 generous servings.

Delicious!

That's great to know. I love squash, esp. the old way with the butter and brown sugar. Another great selling tip for the DCB!

Thanks for sharing,
Becca

Wow, that sounds really delicious! I love using my DCB for quick and easy meals like this. I've never thought to use stuffing mix in acorn squash before, but it sounds like a great combination with the apricots and craisins. Did the squash hold its shape well in the microwave? I always worry about it getting too mushy. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Related to Easy and Delicious Acorn Squash Recipe in the DCB - Ready in Minutes!

1. What is "Acorn Squash in the Dcb"?

"Acorn Squash in the Dcb" is a recipe from Pampered Chef that features acorn squash cooked in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) using our signature Stoneware. It is a delicious and easy side dish or vegetarian main course.

2. How do I prepare the acorn squash for cooking in the DCB?

To prepare the acorn squash, wash and cut it in half. Scoop out the seeds and place the halves cut-side down in the DCB. You can also add seasonings or a glaze before cooking for added flavor.

3. How long does it take to cook Acorn Squash in the DCB?

The cooking time for "Acorn Squash in the Dcb" varies depending on the size and ripeness of the squash. Generally, it takes about 25-30 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven. You can check for doneness by inserting a fork into the squash - it should be tender.

4. Can I use other types of squash for this recipe?

Yes, you can use other types of squash such as butternut squash or delicata squash. However, the cooking time may vary, so it's best to check for doneness periodically by testing with a fork.

5. What are some serving suggestions for "Acorn Squash in the Dcb"?

This dish is versatile and can be served as a side dish or as a main course for vegetarians. You can also top it with additional seasonings, a glaze, or toppings like nuts or dried cranberries for added flavor and texture. It pairs well with roasted meats, salads, or other seasonal vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tina1977
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views