• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dumbest Question a Customer Has Ever Asked You?

cake?)2. What about the batter bowl - once the cake is inverted, can you frost it and turn it back right side up?
Jen1409 said:
non PC but I have a friend who thought Alaska was near Hawaii because thats where is it on maps and thought you had to take a plane or boat to get there. She didn't realize you could drive there through Canada

Non PC also, but I have one better....when I talk, quite a few people ask where I am from because my accent is different from the GA accent. So I say West Virginia. They say, "oh I have been to Richmond before." So I say, "no, that's Virginia, I am from West Virginia." Then they say "yeah, near Richmond right." :mad: So I go into my explanation that WV is not the same as Virginia and they argue me back and forth that I am wrong. So my rebuttal is "so if they are the same, what's the 50th state?" Most of the time I get no response....they jsut walk away. One person, though ACUTALLY said "Puerto Rico." That time, I just walked away......... :eek:

Reminds me of Jay Leno's "Jaywalking"!! Very scary how people answer!!!

And many of these people actually graduated from our public school system, and some even graduated from college.

Worse. Some of these people actually Vote!

RMDave said:
Worse. Some of these people actually Vote!
Worse yet..they reproduce!:eek:

Sheila that is a great fact about the Niagara Falls I did not know. I have been there several times as a kid and taking my son and nephews there. I love the Hurricane Alley Deck where you get soaked to the bone but feel the power of the falls! Why any bone head would go over those falls is beyond me.

And this is a military thing...but I am VERY shocked at how many military wives to not know what an LES is or how to read it. I run the school food service for a school. 55% of it's children student population are military children. I process the almost 2000 applications each year for free or reduced meals. Military wives do know the rank and years of service for the most part. I usually will have to get out the income chart to help them with it. My fellow school lunch directors that have military children call me the "LES Queen"!!! I have a good cheat because my boss is a retired officer so he makes me look smarter than I am!!!

Now...back to our thread topic!!

That's funny Ann! Although I've always wondered why they put the "Leave" in front of the "Earnings" ... most of the military members that I know do not have the financial literacy to budget & save. They live paycheck-to-paycheck and many are out of money 5 days after payday, then they are barely scraping by until the next check. So you'd think that ELS would be more appropriate! For most families the Earnings is definitely more important! ;)Yes, I only hold shows on payday weekends and encourage ALL of my hosts to close within 3 days of a payday or pay the consequence of people not having money to order. ;)

Someone once asked me, in front of everyone at the party, where you put the liquid in the Measure-All Cup. Um, in the LIQUID side? She was pretty embarrassed when I showed her, and everyone laughed, and then she admitted to putting liquids in the solids side and wondered why it was leaking all over the place. DUH!!!

cathyskitchen said:
Someone once asked me, in front of everyone at the party, where you put the liquid in the Measure-All Cup. Um, in the LIQUID side? She was pretty embarrassed when I showed her, and everyone laughed, and then she admitted to putting liquids in the solids side and wondered why it was leaking all over the place. DUH!!!

I have had this too!! And I have people that did not even know that it held both dry and liquid!

Once while I was doing the ice demo in the cookware and passing it around, someone asked why I didn't just do it hot?........................

These are not PC related, but thought you might find them amusing.

1. I've been an optician for more years than I like to think about. The one that stands out in my memory more than anyone else, was a patient of ours that was an oncologist. He could not understand why it was not okay to sterilize his contact lenses in BLEACH! (Oh, sure, it's fine to put bleach in your eyes:cry:) And this man is a doctor!!

2. My parents and a friend were driving through Kansas. They were passing a large corn field with oil rigs pumping. My mother's friend asked why they would pump oil out of a corn field. My dad replied, "Where do you think they get corn oil from?" She totally bought it.

<h2>1. Is there such thing as a stupid question?</h2><p>While the saying goes that there is no such thing as a stupid question, there are some questions that may seem obvious or unnecessary to others. However, it's important to remember that everyone has different levels of knowledge and understanding, and it's always better to ask a question and learn than to stay silent and miss out on important information.</p><h2>2. Can you share the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?</h2><p>While I work for Pampered Chef, I cannot speak for all consultants. However, I have been asked some silly questions in the past, such as if a product with "grill" in its name can be used on the grill.</p><h2>3. Can you give an example of a dumb question a customer asked you?</h2><p>One time, a customer asked me if the BBQ Grill BASKET can be used on the grill because there is a picture of the BBQ Grill TRAY on the grill in the catalog. This question may seem silly to some, but it's important to remember that not everyone is familiar with the products and their intended uses.</p><h2>4. How do you handle customers who ask silly questions?</h2><p>I always try to respond to all questions with patience and understanding. I know that everyone has different levels of knowledge and understanding, and it's important to create a supportive and welcoming environment for all customers. I also try to use these moments as opportunities to educate and inform customers about our products.</p><h2>5. Is it okay to laugh at a customer's silly question?</h2><p>While it's important to handle all questions with respect and professionalism, it's okay to find humor in certain situations. As long as we are not mocking or belittling the customer, a good laugh can help diffuse any tension and create a more relaxed atmosphere.</p>

Related to Dumbest Question a Customer Has Ever Asked You?

1. Is there such thing as a stupid question?

While the saying goes that there is no such thing as a stupid question, there are some questions that may seem obvious or unnecessary to others. However, it's important to remember that everyone has different levels of knowledge and understanding, and it's always better to ask a question and learn than to stay silent and miss out on important information.

2. Can you share the dumbest question a customer has ever asked you?

While I work for Pampered Chef, I cannot speak for all consultants. However, I have been asked some silly questions in the past, such as if a product with "grill" in its name can be used on the grill.

3. Can you give an example of a dumb question a customer asked you?

One time, a customer asked me if the BBQ Grill BASKET can be used on the grill because there is a picture of the BBQ Grill TRAY on the grill in the catalog. This question may seem silly to some, but it's important to remember that not everyone is familiar with the products and their intended uses.

4. How do you handle customers who ask silly questions?

I always try to respond to all questions with patience and understanding. I know that everyone has different levels of knowledge and understanding, and it's important to create a supportive and welcoming environment for all customers. I also try to use these moments as opportunities to educate and inform customers about our products.

5. Is it okay to laugh at a customer's silly question?

While it's important to handle all questions with respect and professionalism, it's okay to find humor in certain situations. As long as we are not mocking or belittling the customer, a good laugh can help diffuse any tension and create a more relaxed atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • The_Kitchen_Guy