• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DS's 1st Birthday Train Cake - Pics & More!

In summary, Shawna shares pictures of a train cake she made for her son's 1st birthday, as well as other cakes she has made. She also mentions that her son wants to be a firefighter and train engineer when he grows up. Others compliment her cake decorating skills and her kids' cuteness. Shawna also mentions that the Barbie cake she made could easily be adapted into a bridal cake. It took her 2-3 hours to decorate, with an hour to an hour and a half for just the decorating part.
chefshawna
Gold Member
O.k, here is the train cake I made for DS for his 1st birthday. Once I upload more pics I will add them, but here is one for now of the cake and a couple of the birthday boy. I am also going to try and put on a couple others I have made.

Attachments

• train cake1.jpg
    train cake1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Cooper1.jpg
    Cooper1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 255
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 260
What a stunning cake and an adorable little boy!!!!! Great job on the cake, Shawna!!!

Oh yes!! Very nice cake!! How long did it take you to make and decorate?

Wow, that really worked. First time uploading pics!! O.k. I had some more that I tried uploading and it keeps saying that there is a problem. I'll keep trying. I made a Barbie cake using the BB for my DD's 3rd Birthday and a golf cake for DH's aunt's birthday.

chefshawna said:
O.k, here is the train cake I made for DS for his 1st birthday. Once I upload more pics I will add them, but here is one for now of the cake and a couple of the birthday boy. I am also going to try and put on a couple others I have made.

WOW! He has such beautiful blue eyes! Quite the cutie!

The cake looks great!

Addie4TLC said:
Oh yes!! Very nice cake!! How long did it take you to make and decorate?
Thank you! Well, I baked three cakes in loaf pans, that took about 2 hours. Then it took about 4 hours to decorate. I have some better pictures that show it from the side, but they're not on the computer yet.

Kitchen Diva said:
What a stunning cake and an adorable little boy!!!!! Great job on the cake, Shawna!!!
Thanks! I think he is adorable too!!:D He had such a great time eating the cake. If you can see, the second train car has a miniature birthday cake on it with a number 1 candle in it. I gave him the miniature cake and he devoured it!!

That is a terrific cake! Keep the pictures so you can show him when he doesn't remember it anymore.

Very cute cake - had to wait to peek until DS went to bed or he'd ask for one!I had to ask him for his preschool survey of what he wants to be when he grows up...right now he is dead set on being a firefighter and choo-choo driver (engineer). :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That is a terrific cake! Keep the pictures so you can show him when he doesn't remember it anymore.
Thanks! He had no clue what was going on, but the rest of us had fun! LOL I will definitely keep all pictures so he can see how much fun it was!

O.k., I got some other pictures to upload. I'm having fun now!! Here is DD's birthday cake, DH's aunt's birthday cake, my DD and me at the Science Center where I work.

Attachments

• IMGP0846.jpg
    IMGP0846.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMGP0868.jpg
    IMGP0868.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMGP0874.jpg
    IMGP0874.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 289
  • IMGP0899.jpg
    IMGP0899.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 291
Shawna - those are awesome! You're making me want to go sign up for a Wilton course right now, as my skills are shameful when compared to yours and some others on here :)

Shawna...what adorable cakes! I love, love, love the train cake! DS would really like that one, too! You have quite a talent for decorating cakes...you and Jennifer (jrstephens) are very good at it!

Your kids are both cutie pies and look just like their mama!

Thanks for sharing!!!! :D

What a cutie your DS is! Love the cake too! Nice work! :)

What great cakes and adorable kids. I love that Barbie cake, my cousin is getting married, how long did it take to decorate?

merego said:
What great cakes and adorable kids. I love that Barbie cake, my cousin is getting married, how long did it take to decorate?

Thanks!! The Barbie cake didn't take too long to decorate and could easy be made into a bride's cake!! I didn't even think of that. It took me 2-3 hours to decorate, but some of that time was doing the crumb layer and getting the frosting all mixed up. To just decorate it, probably an hour to hour and a half. HTH

1. What ingredients do I need to make the train cake?

To make the train cake, you will need cake mix, eggs, oil, water, food coloring, frosting, and various candies and decorations to create the train theme.

2. How long does it take to make the train cake?

The total prep time for the train cake is about 30 minutes, and it takes about 35-40 minutes to bake in the oven. Allow an additional 20 minutes for cooling and decorating.

3. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the train cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you prefer for the train cake. Just be aware that different cake mixes may have different baking times, so adjust accordingly.

4. How many servings does the train cake yield?

The train cake serves about 12-16 people, depending on how large you cut the slices. You may need to adjust the recipe for larger parties.

5. Can the train cake be made ahead of time?

Yes, the train cake can be made a day in advance. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies
Views
legacypc46
Replies
Views