• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Offering Gifts or Prize Drawings Really Help the Chance to

So it's like they are getting a free order too!If one offers free shipping to a guest, how do you "do" it? Do you not charge the guest on his/her order form and just plan on paying it at the end when you put in the show?I don't charge the guest, and then I add $4.24 (with tax) as a Consultant Gift payment type to their order. So it's like they are getting a free order too!
jrb0328
does offering gifts or prize drawings really help the chance to increase show sales? and if you do prize drawings what do you offer as the prize? would it make sense to say something like "Purchase x$ and you are entered into the prize drawing for such and such" or is that a little pushy?

I think that the gifts and prize drawings help more for BOOKINGS than SALES. People like feeling like they are getting something, and like that their friends will be treated the same way.People like prizes they can touch, I've found, but I like also using a choice of: SBCB, free shipping for order over $60, or free ingredients (up to $15) from show they book that day. I got that idea from here.

Door prize at the end of the night, for guests who make it to the end. Gifts from citrus peelers, bamboo spoons, paring knives, etc. depends on your budget.

I do a door prize drawing of free shipping. I also give the host a SBRC, that I have the guests sign. Everyone gets a recipe card during checkout.

Almost forgot: I have old SBRCs that I give to people who bring a guest.

I do some of the small items on the supply order. SB, citrus peelers, pan scrapers, etc. I don't know if they affect anything but I love giving stuff away!

Me Too!
wadesgirl said:
I do some of the small items on the supply order. SB, citrus peelers, pan scrapers, etc. I don't know if they affect anything but I love giving stuff away!
Me too I am a prize junkie!! I love giving stuff away and playing lots of games. Anyway, I don't think it's pushy for you to say "Buy X amount of products and get X!" As a matter of fact it is to the point and insures you won't spend too much. Giving something away you got free, half off or greatly discounted is a great incentive. It does help sometimes with my sales but other times guests know their limits and what they are there to spend so no matter what I offer, it isn't going to change anything. And like Ann I also offer FREE shipping on their order that night if they book a show with me. Or I offer a gift that they will receive at their show!

Debbie :D

I think people enjoy the idea of winning something. Plus, it gives me a good reason to insist they fill out all of the information on my drawing slip.

thanks everyone for your help

I love giving freebies!Everybody who brings a friend or an outside order gets to pick from the basket, which has twixits, citrus peelers and paring knives. (I think the pan scrapers will be next on my list.) I also do a door prize drawing. At my most recent show, I planned to get some tickets for a pick out of the basket but forgot to bring them. So I stopped at Walgreens and got some chocolate and put it in my Simple Additions caddy. Everybody who participated in a little game where they looked up host specials got a piece of candy. They loved it!

I have been giving my host a SBCB with one of the small bamboo spoons attached and then I do a door prize drawing for a small item that I have purchased (not always a PC item). The guests seem to love it and the hosts are always surprised to get something.

For all my prizes that I give away, I make sure that I attach one of my business cards. I just use a hole punch and tie it on with ribbon. And for the host, I use a piece of double sided tape and tape the business card to the inside of the SBCB. It just seems more "classy" than stamping it. And then they have all my info instead of just my phone number.

Good Idea, I just ordered my business cards, but I will definately do this when they come in. Thanks for the suggestion.

if one offers free shipping to a guest, how do you "do" it? Do you not charge the guest on his/her order form and just plan on paying it at the end when you put in the show?

I don't charge the guest, and then I add $4.24 (with tax) as a Consultant Gift payment type to their order.

Related to Does Offering Gifts or Prize Drawings Really Help the Chance to

Question 1: What types of gifts or prizes can be offered?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of gifts and prizes such as kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, cookbooks, and gift cards. The specific gifts or prizes offered may vary depending on the current promotions and availability.

Question 2: How can offering gifts or prize drawings help increase chances of winning?

By offering gifts or prize drawings, it creates an incentive for customers to participate in our promotions and events. This increases the number of entries and ultimately increases the chances of winning for those who participate.

Question 3: Do I have to purchase something to be eligible for the gifts or prize drawings?

No, purchasing something is not required to enter our gift or prize drawings. We offer alternate methods of entry such as mail-in entries or social media entries. However, some promotions may require a purchase to be eligible.

Question 4: How are the winners chosen for the gift or prize drawings?

Winners for our gift or prize drawings are chosen at random from all eligible entries. We use a computer-generated system to ensure fairness and impartiality in the selection process.

Question 5: Are there any restrictions or limitations on the gifts or prizes offered?

Some restrictions or limitations may apply to certain gifts or prizes, such as expiration dates or specific usage instructions. These details will be provided to the winners upon notification. Additionally, there may be restrictions on eligibility based on location or age.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • Becky0216
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
vtodd71
  • blueikaos