• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Have a Recipe for a Banana Roll??

In summary, for those looking for an awesome Banana Roll recipe, here is a moist and delicious option filled with a creamy banana filling. This recipe includes step-by-step instructions for both the cake and the filling, and can be made ahead of time for convenience. Enjoy!
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I was just getting my nails done today and Gracie said the one thing she really wanted for Christmas was a Banana Roll, to which I said, what's that?? She was, well it's very similar to pumpkin roll, but it's banana cake and similar filling.

Do does any cheffer out there have an awesome TNT recipe for this??

THanks,

Lisa

Here is a great recipe for Banana Roll: Ingredients: -3/4 cup all-purpose flour -1 teaspoon baking powder -1/2 teaspoon baking soda -1/4 teaspoon salt -1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large) -3/4 cup granulated sugar -2 large eggs -1 teaspoon vanilla extract -1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled -1/2 cup sour cream -For the filling: -1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened -1/4 cup granulated sugar -1 teaspoon vanilla extract -1/2 cup whipped topping -1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional) Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. 2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. 3. In a large bowl, mix together the banana, sugar, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and sour cream until well blended. 4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. 5. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely. 6. For the filling, in a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. 7. Add the whipped topping and chopped nuts, if desired, and mix until combined. 8. Spread the filling over the cooled cake. Carefully roll up the cake, starting at one of the shorter ends. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Enjoy!

Hi Lisa,I have a great recipe for a Banana Roll that I think Gracie will love. It's a moist and delicious cake filled with a creamy banana filling. Here it is:Banana Roll:Ingredients:- 3 large eggs- 1 cup granulated sugar- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract- 1 cup all-purpose flour- 1 teaspoon baking powder- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda- 1/2 teaspoon salt- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)- 1/4 cup powdered sugarFor the filling:- 1 cup heavy cream- 1/4 cup granulated sugar- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract- 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)Instructions:1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, beating until well combined.4. Stir in the mashed bananas until evenly distributed.5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched.7. While the cake is still warm, dust a clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar. Invert the cake onto the towel and gently peel off the parchment paper. Roll the cake up in the towel, starting at the short end. Let the cake cool completely in the rolled position.8. To make the filling, beat the heavy cream, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Fold in the mashed bananas.9. Unroll the cooled cake and spread the filling evenly over the cake, leaving a small border around the edges.10. Roll the cake up again, this time without the towel. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.Slice and serve your delicious Banana Roll and enjoy! This recipe can also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for a few days. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to keep

Related to Does Anyone Have a Recipe for a Banana Roll??

1. How do I make a banana roll with Pampered Chef products?

To make a banana roll with Pampered Chef products, you will need the Large Round Stone and the Mini Whipper. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the Large Round Stone. Using the Mini Whipper, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. In a separate bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas and mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of melted butter, and 1 egg. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, then spread the batter onto the parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool, then roll the banana cake with the parchment paper and let it cool completely. Unroll and fill with your desired filling, such as whipped cream or cream cheese frosting.

2. Can I make a gluten-free version of a banana roll with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can make a gluten-free banana roll with Pampered Chef products. Instead of using regular flour, use 1 cup of gluten-free flour and add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum to the dry ingredients. Follow the same instructions as above to make the banana roll.

3. How can I prevent my banana roll from cracking when I roll it?

To prevent your banana roll from cracking, make sure you let it cool completely before unrolling it to add the filling. You can also lightly dust the parchment paper with powdered sugar before spreading the batter to help prevent sticking. When rolling the cake, do it tightly but gently to avoid breaking it.

4. What are some recommended fillings for a banana roll?

Some delicious fillings for a banana roll include whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, chocolate ganache, Nutella, or your favorite jam or jelly. You can also add sliced bananas or chopped nuts for extra texture and flavor.

5. Can I make a banana roll ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a banana roll ahead of time. After it has cooled completely, you can wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, let it come to room temperature before adding the filling and rolling it up. You can also freeze the banana roll for up to 1 month, but make sure to let it thaw completely before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cpaylor
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BettieC
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
trps
  • Lisa/ChefBear