• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Think This Is a Good Response?

In summary, Amy has had more people ask her to trade shows this Fall season - never really had it before...but she's being inundated all of a sudden. She doesn't wear jewelry often, but she's been asked by 4 jewelry consultants if she would trade shows with them. She has a friend who is a jewelry consultant, and she has told her that if she ever has a jewelry show - it will be with her. Her party is approaching quickly also, and she's been reminded to be working on her guest list.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I have had more people ask me to trade shows this Fall season - never really had it before...but I'm being inundated all of a sudden. I don't really wear a jewelry much...it's just not my thing, but I've been asked by 4 jewelry consultants if I would trade shows with them. I have a friend who is a jewelry consultant, and I have told her that if I ever have a jewelry show - it will be with her.

One of my hosts for the end of Nov. emailed me a couple days ago to let me know that she is a Premier consultant, and they have a challenge to get 6 bookings on their calander by the end of Oct...in order to win free product, and asked me if I would host a show for her before Christmas.

I've agonized about how to respond (not sure why) and this is what I finally came up with...what do you think?

Hi Amy!

I'm so glad you are excited about your show! I'm excited too - I love doing the Power Cooking Shows!

I have heard of Premier....but unfortunately, I have a friend who is a consultant with another jewelry company and I have already committed to her that my next jewelry party will be with her. I'm very sorry!

I hope you've been able to fill your calander and that you were able to win your challenge. I love earning free product! I have something called 24 bookings in 24 hours that I do with my team sometimes...I'll see if I can find that info and send it to you.

Your party is approaching quickly also....so, just a little reminder to be working on your guest list!
Invite everyone you know who eats!

Talk to you soon!

I think this looks good. Good for you, by the way, for not being pressured. I cave like a half-cooked lava cake.

I think it looks very professional and would not hurt any feelings. I understand what Jessica is saying about caving. I would also cave easily.

Maybe I don't cave because I have so much practice saying No!:p

Before I became a PC consultant, I refused to attend or host any kind of Home Party!

I still only do them rarely - I've done 3 in the last 6 years! (and 2 of those were Usborne Books parties.)

Looks good to me. Your allegiance is to your friend.

This Thursday, I'll be going to my 4th Jewelry Party in 6 months!! AND I don't even wear jewelry..:eek: 1 Premier (sp?) 1 Park Lane & 2 Lia Sophia! I do not do parties for anyone (DH doesn't even want me in the house, let alone a bunch of women ;) ) so I try to show my support by going to them (which are all my customers & or relatives ) :)

I did the trade shows once for a Silpada lady, I hesitated at first, then I caved, I was fairly new and wanted a booking and I (unlike a lot of you :rolleyes:) LOVE jewelry, so I agreed to host one in the fall (I told her that I couldn't host one then because all of my friends and family had just hosted parties for me and attended each others to get my business going, so I had to give them a break for a while) and she scheduled hers for a few weeks from when she called. Well, to put it in a nut shell, she ended up canceling and rescheduling her show 3 times! And 2 out of the 3 times she canceled the day before or the day of the show! It was crazy! Then the last time she canceled (I had already decided not to give her another date) she said that she had like 5 orders so she would just do a catalog show and then book a kitchen show later, so when I went to pick up her "5 orders" she had only 3 orders, one was her own, each were $20 or less and none had a payment. And she whipped out her calendar and wanted to schedule a kitchen show the week after I was scheduled to have my show for her. I told her that I didn't have my calendar with me and I would have to get back to her. Needless to say, I haven't heard from her again, and I didn't bother to contact her again either. The date that I had scheduled my show has come and gone without a word from her. So, my answer is NO, I would never trade shows again. If someone wants to have PC show, great, if they don't, I'm not going to mess around with it. I think that your response was perfect, and she wouldn't be offended. Sorry this is soooo long! :blushing:

You are not saying no to her but no to the party. I think you put it very well.

Personally, I don't do party trades. My excuse is that I am living in a storage unit and just can't entertain anyone!

Looks very nice and professional. I don't trade parties either.

Becky, that was a very nice e-mail response.

It's a great response. What I do offer is to take business cards with me to shows. That way, if someone asks if I know of a such-and-such consultant, I give her a card. I have given people business that way. My biggest was a Discovery Toys rep - I just wasn't interested in doing a party, but I gave her name to my son's preschool teacher and the school bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of toys from her.

Becky, I thought this was a very good response. So good, in fact, I may steal from it the next time I am in such a situation!I'm working on how to say no firmly, but kindly, I think you did it beautifully.

dianevill said:
It's a great response. What I do offer is to take business cards with me to shows. That way, if someone asks if I know of a such-and-such consultant, I give her a card. I have given people business that way. My biggest was a Discovery Toys rep - I just wasn't interested in doing a party, but I gave her name to my son's preschool teacher and the school bought hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of toys from her.

Becky- Great response.

Diane- I LOVE :love: this idea and intend to use it.

Hi Becky

I feel it is a very well put letter. She will have to remember that it is not a no to her "personally" but a no to host the party..

Don't feel bad, in our businesses we all deal with NO !! and NO and more NO's !!
it can be hard.. and some times feel over whelming.. but I can;t tell you how thankful I am to an "up front NO"

I get so frustrated when people give me the " I feel sorry for you shows"
Honestly please tell me no up front and save me and you time.. we will both be much happier :)

don't feel bad... you should be proud of your self for your honestly

hugs lara

That was a nice response.

Honestly, I am sure she'd prefer you be honest than to half-heartedly have a show that doesn't do well.

I too "caved like a half-baked lava cake" mostly because of Sell-a-thon and find myself the host of a jewelry party I'd rather not be having. And I am hesitant to invite my former jewelry director, because she would be offended I'm not having a show with HER. Then again, she never asked ...

I've been approached about party swaps a lot more lately too. I tell the other DS person that I just don't do party swaps. I want my friends to come to my house from time to time without bringing their wallet along :)

I am reciprocating with a few of them though. We are sceduling a holiday open house at my house next month. Each of us will be giving away a nice door prize and we are all doing mystery host. We are each inviting everyone we know, so hopefuly we'll get some great leads from one another.

1. What do you mean by "Do You Think This Is a Good Response?"

When we say "Do You Think This Is a Good Response?", we are referring to a response that is appropriate, effective, and respectful in a given situation. It could be a response to a question, a comment, or a statement.

2. Why is it important to have a good response?

A good response is important because it can determine the outcome of a conversation or interaction. It can either diffuse a tense situation or escalate it. It also reflects our communication skills and can leave a lasting impression on the person we are interacting with.

3. How can I improve my responses?

To improve your responses, you can practice active listening, think before you speak, and choose your words carefully. You can also try to understand the perspective of the person you are responding to, and respond in a way that is respectful and empathetic.

4. Can you give an example of a good response?

Sure! A good response could be something like "Thank you for sharing your perspective. I can see where you're coming from and I appreciate your input." This response acknowledges the other person's viewpoint and shows appreciation for their contribution to the conversation.

5. Is there a one-size-fits-all good response?

No, there is no one-size-fits-all good response. Each situation and conversation is unique, and a good response will depend on factors such as the tone, context, and the person you are responding to. However, some general principles like being respectful, empathetic, and clear can guide you in crafting a good response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • prissylovescooking