• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Need to Pay Taxes on Shipping?

In summary, the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category is for miscellaneous or general questions that do not fit into any other specific category. If you are unsure of which category your question belongs in, this category is a good place to start. It is open to all members and our team of moderators will review your question and determine if it should be moved to a more specific category. Your question will be regularly checked and responded to by our team, but it may be moved to a more specific category for a more accurate and timely response. You can also post multiple questions in this category, but it is recommended to group related questions together or post them in more specific categories for a better chance of getting a helpful response.
melaniepc
do you tax shipping? I am so confused.........

Yes, take the product total + 4.25 x tax ammount.

Depends on the state law. Arkansas law does tax shipping but not all states do tax shipping.

Depends on the state. Some states do not collect tax on shipping.

I think it is somewhere on either the 3-part or computer receipt which states are which. I am sure it is somewhere on CC too.

From policies and procedures:

"In most states, shipping and handling is taxed. Refer
to the shipping and handling charges on the back of the
sales receipt to check your state."

Pantry items (tax rate or to tax or not vary state by state too)

EDIT:
This was on CC under Tax Guide:
NOTE: Remember that there is no sales tax for the following states: Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon, and, as such, will not be in the drop-down menu. Shipping and handling charges are taxable in all states except AK, DE, DC, IA, ID, IL, MA, MT, NH, OH, OK, OR, UT and WY.

my leader told me it was taxable. I am in mass

NO, shipping is not taxable in MA.
So when your adding up orders at a show (by hand) total the products add 5% sales then add shipping to that total. Remember our pantry products aren't taxable either.

Related to Do You Need to Pay Taxes on Shipping?

What is the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category for?

The "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category is for miscellaneous or general questions that do not fit into any other specific category.

How do I know if my question belongs in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category?

If you are unsure of which category your question belongs in, the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category is a good place to start. Our team of moderators will review your question and determine if it should be moved to a more specific category.

Can I post a question in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category if I am already a member of another category?

Yes, you can post a question in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category even if you are a member of another category. This category is open to all members and is meant to provide a space for questions that do not fit into any specific category.

Will my question get answered in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category?

Yes, our team of moderators regularly checks and responds to questions in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category. However, if your question is better suited for a specific category, it may be moved there for a more accurate and timely response.

Can I post multiple questions in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category?

Yes, you can post multiple questions in the "Wasnt Sure Where to Post This" category. However, we recommend that you try to group related questions together or post them in more specific categories for a better chance of getting a helpful response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• littlemaisyPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pkd09
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • dancedivine