• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Self-Sent Invitations Increase Event Attendance and Sales?

In summary, for those of you who do this, have you seen a significant difference in attendance or outside orders? Some people find the email evites form their PWS people just don't open, and they send the invitations themselves but have their Host pay for the postage. Others find the postcards would get lost in the mail easily and decide to use Post Calls to call and remind them.
babywings76
Gold Member
For those of you who do this, have you seen a significant difference in attendance or outside orders?

I don't want to put in too much money right now, and worry that if the show closes with low sales, it won't help me get ahead.

Any thoughts?

I've done it for over 7 years way before PC suggested it. I have maybe 2 cancellations a year show average and attendance went way up
they have to invite 40 or more people
I find the email evites form my PWS people just don't open

Some people send the invitations themselves but have their Host pay for the postage. You can offer an incentive, when you get a list of at least 40 (you select the number) you will pay for the postage.

I've been sending the invitations for several years (not sure how many, it's a blur) and I would not do it any other way. As Teresa said, I don't get cancellations. You know the show is not going to take place when you don't get your guest list in time.

I don't use the email invitations. I do explain to my Hosts how they can send them so they don't look like spam. I encourage them to send these emails -- if they'd like -- in addition to the snail mail invites I'm sending.

I always send the invites. I do not give my hosts an option. I was burned a couple of times because hosts forgot to send them. For the last year and a half, it's MY responsibility to send them. It works out better for my piece of mind, at least.

I always send the invitations. I give the hosts some extras to pass around, if they ask. I don't really use the postcards anymore; I make a flyer using a templetes I purchased as a workshop. (sorry I can't share, that was part of the deal when buying). I use to hear the postcards would get lost in the mail easily. I use to call all the guests to remind them and sometimes got an outside order from that. It just took way too long, so I use Post Calls to call and remind them. I don't know that sending the invites have made the shows better, but I know when they have been sent and that they have been sent.

When people say they send out the invites, it sounds like they are booking these way in advance. Is that true? If you book a week to 10 days out, do you still send them? I have contemplated it, but I just don't think I'm organized enough and am afraid I'll drop the ball.

I'm curious to know how the host has reacted. Part of me feels that it might be intrusive. How do you handle a host's objection to you wanting the guest list?

leftymac said:
I'm curious to know how the host has reacted. Part of me feels that it might be intrusive. How do you handle a host's objection to you wanting the guest list?
No one has really complained and most are so glad to have it done for them. Sometimes I have to remind them more than once for the guest list, but usually it comes via e-mail and sometimes already formated for address lables. :) I always tell hosts to have 40 guests, but I've also had lists as low as 5. There have been times the only contact I have is an e-mail address, so that is what I use. Usually it is harder to get phone numbers than addresses; but I often can find the # by doing a people search.

byrd1956 said:
No one has really complained and most are so glad to have it done for them. Sometimes I have to remind them more than once for the guest list, but usually it comes via e-mail and sometimes already formated for address lables. :) I always tell hosts to have 40 guests, but I've also had lists as low as 5. There have been times the only contact I have is an e-mail address, so that is what I use. Usually it is harder to get phone numbers than addresses; but I often can find the # by doing a people search.

Okay....I can just imagine people saying "Well, I don't have addresses for these people". Like, if I were hosting a show before I was a consultant, I would have invited coworkers and I don't necessarily have their address."

I print out extra invitations for the people that want to pass them out at work.

I explain to my host "it is one of the services I provide" and strongly encourage her to have me do the invitations. I pay for postage and ask her for a list of 35-40 people and ask for 2 ways to contact each person then do evites or post calls as well as post cards.

I've never had less than $800 on a show where I've done the invitations, and I tell hosts this.

I alway mail them, like Scott I explain that it is a service I offer. Plus it lets me know for sure how many are invited, and I've noticed that they really try harder to come up with more names.

scottcooks said:
I explain to my host "it is one of the services I provide" and strongly encourage her to have me do the invitations. I pay for postage and ask her for a list of 35-40 people and ask for 2 ways to contact each person then do evites or post calls as well as post cards.

I've never had less than $800 on a show where I've done the invitations, and I tell hosts this

WOW! I think my show average is about $160!

Do you all still send them out if you only get 5 or 10 names?

I'm seriously going to consider doing this

Does anyone have a special form you use to get the guest lists. I would be very interested to try to this out and see how it goes. I've been doing shows for almost 10 years and have always done it the same way. However, would love to try something new to minimize cancellations and reschedules.

One question though, if by chance a host has to reschedule due to something that came up (life happens) how do you handle the invites for the new date? I would not want to fork over money again to mail them out. TIA!

I have always mailed out the invites since I first started. I emphasize to the hostess that since I am mailing them, I will send out as many as they give me. I have had one hostess ask me to mail out 75!! I was a little shocked when she never did the follow-up and there were only 15 people there.
But I have found that while you might wonder about how much this will cost you, the hostess would have to go to the post office purchase post card stamps maybe will only mail 20, you never get back the unused postcards and you end up w/ less people and less orders per show.
I just think this is the way to go!! And I have NEVER had anyone give me trouble about sending out their invites. They really appreciate it!!

If you're concerned about the cost, have the host return the list with stamps or a check to cover the postage along with the guest list. You can also tie it to an incentive. One of my clustermates tells hosts that when they give her 40 names, she'll pay the postage on the ones that are mailed (she counts email as a name). It's a way to get larger lists from hosts.

I have offered sending invites for a while. At 1st it was a significant difference. Not so much right now. I had 2 shows that I sent over 40 invites and less than 5 showed up to both. Although, I did have higher attendance when I was making reminder calls also. Just not very many hosts taking me up on the offer. I guess I need to get busy with some host coaching on that part.

I pay the postage & claim it on taxes. I feel that if the host was going to write all the names & addresses & then pay for postage, she could have just done it all herself. I had a DS rep ask for postage back & I didn't like that.

pampermejolene said:
WOW! I think my show average is about $160!

Do you all still send them out if you only get 5 or 10 names?

I'm seriously going to consider doing this

I don't think I ever got a list that small . . . but if you do it is a chance for more host coaching. "Thanks so much for getting me your guest list; those invitations are in the mail. Just wanted to touch base to see if together we could come up with some more names of people you can invite. Only about 1/4 - 1/3 of the people you invite will be able to attend, so let's see if we can increase your chances for having a great show."

One of the other most important factors here is that you KNOW the invitations have been sent. That's why the attendance is usually so much improved. Also, you have fewer cancellations (for no good reason) because those invitations have been sent. If someone has to change a date for a legitimate reason, I've sent postcards to let people know or made phone calls. I ask for phone numbers too because I make reminder calls the day before the show (this is another way to increase attendance and sales!).

If you are new and trying to make some money before you start spending, ask your hosts (as indicated above) to send you money for postage along with their list.

I don't send postcard invites as they don't seem to be treated as first class mail and can easily disappear. I have Publisher on my computer and I make tri-fold invites (like a pamphlet) and mail these without an envelope. One piece of tape and a stamp. If I get their list via email, I’ll make address labels. Otherwise I hand address them (good TV watching activity). By the way, the return address is the Host’s. This means s/he knows if an invitation didn’t arrive safely.

Keith, I’ve never had much trouble with people giving me the list. It is a service I provide and I just act as if everyone will go along with me.

I also include extra (usually 5) invitations in the Host’s Show Packet (they don’t get outside order forms or catalogs until I get a guest list). I put more in if they’ve indicated that they’d like to hand them out at work/church.

I didn't read all the responses...so sorry if this is a repeat!

I host coach to $1,000 show, and tell them when they hit that, their postage is FREE. Otherwise, they reimburse me...

I only do it if they have 40 names but they will do it because even though they are writing or emailing me the list they think I'm saving them a bunch of time :) If they send less i call them and tell them I need 5 more whatever. If they say they don't have the address I can generally find it on white pages or give it to them to hand out.I send a postcard saying I am waiting on their guest list.My shows are consistently $700 - $1000 or more.

I started in March and I love it. I've had a few cancellations but they were all that I was aware of because I never got a guest list. Some send small guest lists and I always encourage them to send more names but they usually don't. It doesn't matter though, they can send 10 names and all 10 show up or they can send 40 names and only 2 show up. I was worried about the price but it hasn't been that much extra and I love the control it gives me. I know how many invites went out, I know when they went out and the host doesn't have to worry about them. I type up the info in a Word document to fit the current invites along with information in the address part (bring a friend, guest special and online order information). I have never had a host object to giving me a guest list, I make it a part of my host coaching when they book their show.

I also do send a few in the host packet (I don't send the host packet until I get the guest list). I tell them to keep these with them at all times and hand them out as they see people.

Yep, like everyone has already said...I love sending them out myself & won't go back to having the host do it. It gives me more control---I know they're going out, when they're going out, and how many are invited. It's also easier for me to include my website & instructions for ordering, so my online outside orders have gone way up too.

I send out the invites, and I also include 8-10 invites in the host packet.

I did use a full page invite for a few months - but saw absolutely no difference in show attendance or sales, and it was costing me way more money in printing and postage - so I went back to the PC postcards. I've never had a problem with the postcards not being delivered like some have.

I've also made some special theme show postcard invites at Vistaprint when I've needed them.

I don't require payment - it's a business expense for me, and I don't feel right asking my hosts for the money. (but that is just me)
I rarely have last minute cancellations....and the only ones I can remember have been for a family emergency or illness, or a couple this past winter because of weather. All of them have rescheduled and been successful shows when they did hold.
I would say my avg. guest list is about 25 names - but I also coach my hosts to hand out personally the invites in their packet, and I will mail more to them if they need more. So, almost always, my hosts also personally hand out part of the invites to neighbors, family, and co-workers.

I could NEVER go back to letting the host mail them out. I started mailing them 6 months into my business....and have never looked back. I LOVE knowing when the invites went out, and how many went out. I Can also use the list to help my host think of more people to invite. I had a host send me a list with 8 names:eek: one time. I called her, and we went through her 50 Guests in 5 Minutes Worksheet. There were many people she hadn't thought to invite that we added to her guest list, and she ended up with a $450 show, and 2 bookings. That wouldn't have happened if she had just mailed out those 8 invites, and called it good.

I send invites as well and it make a huge difference I think. I also think the reminder calls help a ton and I do those myself. I tell my hosts that I don't keep these addresses. If their guests want to give me their info they can do it at the show. Never any complaints! I do put the host's address on the return address label and have them RSVP to her. That was it looks like it came from a friend and not a consultant and as a bonus, when I do reminder calls 2 days before the show I can ask them, or their answering machine, to please make sure to RSVP to the host if they haven't already. By this time I actually know who did or did not RSVP but rather than making it sound like a guilt trip for being a slacker for not calling, I can plead ignorance!

Related to Do Self-Sent Invitations Increase Event Attendance and Sales?

What is the process for sending invites myself?

The process for sending invites yourself is quite simple. First, you will need to log into your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the "my events" section. From there, you can select the event you want to send invites for and click on the "send invites" button. This will bring up a form where you can enter the email addresses of your guests and customize the invitation message. Once you have entered all the necessary information, click on "send invites" and your guests will receive their invitations via email.

Can I customize the invitation message?

Yes, you can customize the invitation message when sending invites yourself. This allows you to add a personal touch and include any important details or instructions for your guests. You can also choose from pre-written templates or create your own message from scratch.

How many invites can I send at once?

You can send up to 250 invites at once when using the "send invites yourself" feature. If you have more than 250 guests, you can send multiple batches of invites or reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Will my guests receive any reminders about the event?

Yes, your guests will receive a reminder email a few days before the event and another reminder on the day of the event. These reminders will include the event details and a link to RSVP if they have not already done so.

Can I track who has RSVP'd to my event?

Yes, you can track RSVPs for your event by viewing the event details in your Pampered Chef account. You will be able to see who has RSVP'd, who has not yet responded, and any guests who have declined the invitation. This can help you plan accordingly and make sure you have enough supplies for your event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debbieskitchenhelper
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • Hathery
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
baychef
  • babywings76