• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Any of You Have Kids Like This???

head first into the metal railing on the side of her crib that was at least 6 inches off the floor. My 2 1/2 y.o. is a climber too! He's fearless... Must be the age!My three year old is a climber too. He loves to climb up on the shelves in his room and get stuff down from there, I put them up that high for a reason. I am suprised that he hasn't fallen off and broken something. Everybody tells me that this climbing stage will pass, but I hope soon.Darby, he is so cute! I love those big brown eyes! :)Mind you this shelf is
thechefofnorthbend
This is what my 2 1/2 yr old does in his spare time. I think he will be climbing Mt Everest by the time he is 6. Mind you this shelf is built into his wall of his bedroom and it is about 12 feet tall!! He is a nut!! I'm going to start a "What Russ is doing now" thread to so we all can get a good laugh now and then, cause he'll make you laugh!! (if I dont laugh, I'll cry and then I'll kill em!!!:D )

Attachments

• After-Christmas-2006-016_sm.jpg
    After-Christmas-2006-016_sm.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 449
OMG Darby!! I would be terrified if I found my child up there!! My DD was not a climber at all, but my DS is a pro at 20 months. I am shocked at what he can climb on and up to!!

OMG is he cute!!!!

Darby I think Your guy & my guy will be climbing Mt. Everest together. Mine is such a dare devil that I think I might have a heart by the age of 35 If I make it that far... Way cute!

LOL!!!! OMG-HE IS SO CUTE!!!

My three year old is a climber too. He loves to climb up on the shelves in his room and get stuff down from there, I put them up that high for a reason. I am suprised that he hasn't fallen off and broken something. Everybody tells me that this climbing stage will pass, but I hope soon.

Darby, he is so cute! I love those big brown eyes! :)

My 2 1/2 y.o. is a climber too! He's fearless... Must be the age!

apriljc said:
My three year old is a climber too. He loves to climb up on the shelves in his room and get stuff down from there, I put them up that high for a reason. I am suprised that he hasn't fallen off and broken something. Everybody tells me that this climbing stage will pass, but I hope soon.

Boy, do I hope this will pass. He hasnt fallen off anything (yet, praise be) but does get his fair share of bumps and bruises. In nothing, he keeps me on my toes. Never bored here in this house!! See what I mean:

Attachments

• Russell-under-the-bar-2006_.jpg
    Russell-under-the-bar-2006_.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 382
I have a cat that does EXACTLY that!

My parrot does, too. :)To all of you with kids, I say "ha ha!!" That's why I'm not havin' any!!

Darby he is precious! My youngest daughter was like that - I caught her once swinging from the chandelier in the dining room - she has climbed on the table and grabbed ahold of it and was swinging like at monkey. She was around 2. They do grow up - she is 22 now but she has always been a go-getter. I am seeing bits of her personality already in her new baby who is 3 months! Payback time I tell her!!!!

Darby, he is so cute!

My three year old daughter is my climber! I know we have several trips to the emergency room ahead of us.

When my son was younger we used to say we would end up in the emergency room. He did not disappoint us. When he was five he 'fell' off a swing and broked is arm in two places. Then last March, when he was nine, he was playing with a stick and shoving it into the ground. It snapped and landed in his face. Sixteen stiches later and he was good as new. When it first happend he told me he fell on a stick because he knew he was not supposed to play with sticks. I figured it out the next day when he was at school and he finally admitted the whole thing.

Lisa

Last edited:
It sounds like we all have our hands full. I don't have a picture but my son once climbed behind the couch and got stuck. I don't know how he got back there becaue it was shoved up against the wall and my DH and I had to move it from the wall just to get him out. It always seems like everybody thinks your kids are so cute getting stuck or acting naughty except the parnets, I wonder why that is?

My oldest son, Michael (now age 13), climbed an outside wall and onto my parents roof when he was 2 years old. All of my kids are little dare devils.

Darby,
My youngest Margo could give him some competition.

We've been to ER twice in about 2 years for CT scans from her climbing and falling. Last one was just in Dec.

She decided to Play one of the 5 little Monkeys on the bed, except instead of falling off as the story goes, she LEPT off and slammed smack in the dresser, worst part, into the dresser drawer that big sister Megan did not shut all the way.

Her head was a mess, and she wanted only me, so off to ER we went, she charmed them again and got a popsicle. Did much better in CT this time too.

But, Thank God she was ok, but scare the crap out of me too many times to count, and she's only 3 1/2. (Why didn't my sister Sheryl get blessed with a child like her, no I had to have a daredevil like her!, LOL) I wouldn't trade with anyone though.

Don't know what to say or suggest Darby, as I've got one too.

Here's hoping we survive.

Lisa

My 2 1/2 yr old "princess" is like that too. I say princess very sarcastically--that's what daddy thinks--of course he's not home most of the time dealing with her bumps and bruises. (although the two times she fell down the stairs he was supposed to be watching her! hmmmmm)

my older dtr (14now) wasnt a dare devil, but she is a clutz! I used to have the ER's phone number in my cell cuz there were times she would be taken to ER before I could get to her and I'd have to give permission to treat over the phone! luckily it was a small town and I knew most of the drs in town! She is a cheerleader this year and within two weeks of the first practice had a black eye, then in oct she broke her nose, had surgery to fix it and two weeks later at practice fell on her face tumbling, twice!!! I think I need to get her a helmet!

the insurance company hates us!!!! just kidding

I feel all your pain everyone. Caleb is always going bonkers. He not only jumps, climbs and runs a hundred miles an hour, but he LOVES to color his bathroom with his tub crayons.... :/ AND I think he gets it from me since I am crazy enough to have ANOTHER! :D

I guess I am one of those moms that has decided that a picture is worth a thousand words, or tears in my case...LOL. My daughter was the same way (she is 10 now). When she was a baby (about 2 or so) she was still in a crib, but learning how to climb out. Well, I laid her down for an afternoon nap and went on aboout my business when about an hour later I heard this whimpering noise. I wandered into her room to find her "hanging" from one of the little knobs on her crib corner, feet dangeling, barely touching the floor, from the hood on her hoodie!!!:eek: THANK GOD it was not zipped up all of the way, as she could have choked. But of course...I RAN to get my camera and snapped a bunch of pictures!! What a mom, huh? To bad I dont have any on my PC, or I'd post those too. We all need to post our crazy kids pics on here!!:D

Related to Do Any of You Have Kids Like This???

1. Do any of you have kids who are picky eaters?

Yes, many of us do! It can be challenging to find meals that all children will enjoy. That's why Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and tools to make mealtime more fun and enticing for picky eaters.

2. How can I get my kids involved in cooking and baking?

Getting kids involved in the kitchen is a great way to introduce them to new foods and develop important life skills. Our line of kids' cooking tools and cookbooks are designed to make cooking and baking fun and easy for children of all ages.

3. Are there any Pampered Chef products that are specifically designed for kids?

Yes, we have a selection of kitchen tools that are perfect for kids, such as the Kids' Pizza Set and Kids' Cookie Baking Set. These tools are safe and easy for kids to use, and they make cooking and baking together a fun and educational experience.

4. How can I get my kids to eat more vegetables?

We understand the struggle of getting kids to eat their veggies. That's why we offer a variety of tools, such as our Veggie Spiralizer and Veggie Strip Maker, that make it easy to add more vegetables to meals in a fun and creative way.

5. Do you have any tips for getting kids to try new foods?

One tip is to involve them in the meal planning and preparation process. Let them pick out a new vegetable or ingredient to try and have them help you prepare it. Also, try presenting the food in a fun and creative way, such as making a smiley face out of veggies or using cookie cutters to make fun shapes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
WonderMonkey
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smart2cook