• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dirt Pudding Trifle: Looking for a Recipe?

In summary, to make Dirt Pudding Trifle, you will need chocolate sandwich cookies, instant chocolate pudding mix, milk, cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping, and optional gummy worms. You can use any flavor of instant pudding mix, but chocolate is traditionally used for the "dirt" look. To assemble, crush cookies, mix pudding with milk, beat cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping, and layer ingredients in a trifle dish. It can be made ahead of time, but add gummy worms before serving. Other containers such as a glass bowl or mason jar can be used.
Chef Ritz
Has anyone made dirt pudding in the trifle bowl? If so does anybody have a recipe?

Dirt Cake I
Submitted by: Tammy Hooper
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 232 members Yields: 10 servings

"This is a great conversation piece at parties. Adults love it as much as the children do. Get a new garden trowel, medium sized flower pot and artificial flower at a craft store for full effect."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream
cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant
vanilla pudding mix 3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen
whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich
cookies with creme filling

DIRECTIONS:
1. Chop cookies very fine in food processor. The white cream will disappear.
2. Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
3. In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
4. Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
5. Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
6. Chill until ready to serve.
7. Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!

Did you make it in the Trifle Bowl?
How did it turn out if you did?
Schel

No...but I have seen it done in a new flower pot and it looks cute!

I am sure in the trifle bowl it would be fine! I doubt it will fill it all of the way up, though. If you were making it for a lot of people, you could always double the recipe!

I made a similar version and put it in the trifle bowl. However, mine made less than the recipe above and it just fit in the bowl. If you'd like the smaller recipe, let me know.

Related to Dirt Pudding Trifle: Looking for a Recipe?

1. What ingredients do I need to make Dirt Pudding Trifle?

To make a delicious Dirt Pudding Trifle, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies
  • 1 package of instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 container of whipped topping
  • Gummy worms (optional)

2. Can I use a different type of pudding mix?

Yes, you can use any flavor of instant pudding mix that you prefer. However, chocolate pudding mix is traditionally used for Dirt Pudding Trifle to give it a "dirt" look. You can also experiment with different flavors to create unique variations of this dessert.

3. How do I assemble the Dirt Pudding Trifle?

To assemble the trifle, follow these steps:

1. Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor or place them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the instant pudding mix with 2 cups of milk and let it set for 5 minutes.
  3. In another bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
  4. Fold in the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
  5. In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer the crushed cookies, pudding mixture, and cream cheese mixture. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of crushed cookies on top.
  6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
  7. Optional: Add gummy worms on top for decoration.

4. Can I make Dirt Pudding Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dessert ahead of time. Simply refrigerate it until you are ready to serve. However, if you are adding gummy worms, it is best to add them right before serving to keep them from getting too soggy.

5. Can I use a different type of container instead of a trifle dish?

Yes, you can use any type of container that is large enough to hold all the layers. Some options include a glass bowl, a large mason jar, or individual serving glasses. Just make sure to have enough room to layer the ingredients and showcase the "dirt" look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Kjurich
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • heat123