• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Dirt Cake Trifle Bowl Recipe with Gummy Worms - Perfect for Halloween!

In summary, the recipe for Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl is a delicious and fun dessert that can be made ahead of time. It involves layering crushed Oreos, cream cheese mixture, and chocolate pudding in a trifle bowl. It can serve 8-12 people and can be customized with different types of cookies. It is a kid-friendly dessert but can also be made more sophisticated for adults.
DebPC
Staff member
Has anyone done this? Darn- it would have been cute for halloween. the gummy worms could be up against the glass so you could see them in the layers. Maybe other gummy creepy crawlies...I wonder if they make eyeball candy etc. Now I'm going to have to try and remember this till at least next spring or fall....

Yes, many people have created layered gummy worm jars for Halloween. To create the jar, you need to start with a clear glass jar and layer it with different colors of gummy worms. You can also add other gummy candy such as eyeballs, spiders, and snakes to add to the spooky effect. Have fun creating your own layered gummy worm jar and make sure to take pictures to share with your friends!

I haven't personally tried this, but it sounds like a fun and creative idea for Halloween! I love the idea of using gummy worms and other creepy crawlies for a spooky effect. And I'm sure there are plenty of other gummy candies out there that could work as well, like eyeballs or even little bats or spiders. I'll have to keep this in mind for my next Halloween party! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Related to Dirt Cake Trifle Bowl Recipe with Gummy Worms - Perfect for Halloween!

What is the recipe for Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl?

The recipe for Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl is as follows:
Ingredients:
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 small boxes of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- Gummy worms for decoration
Instructions:
1. Crush the Oreo cookies in a food processor or by hand.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter until smooth.
3. In another bowl, prepare the chocolate pudding according to package instructions.
4. In a trifle bowl, layer the crushed Oreos, cream cheese mixture, and pudding. Repeat until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer of crushed Oreos on top.
5. Chill the trifle in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Before serving, top with Cool Whip and decorate with gummy worms.

Can I make Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl ahead of time. In fact, it is recommended to make it at least 1 day in advance to allow the flavors to meld together. Simply cover the trifle bowl with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.

How many servings does Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl make?

Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl can make anywhere from 8-12 servings, depending on the size of your trifle bowl and how big you cut the slices.

Can I use a different type of cookie for Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl?

Yes, you can use a different type of cookie for Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl. Some popular alternatives to Oreos include Nutter Butters, graham crackers, or vanilla wafers. You can also mix and match different types of cookies for a unique twist on the classic recipe.

Is Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl a kid-friendly dessert?

Yes, Dirt Cake in Trifle Bowl is a kid-friendly dessert. Kids love the fun and playful presentation of the gummy worms and the chocolate pudding and cookie layers make it a delicious treat for all ages. However, you can also make a more sophisticated version for adults by using different types of cookies and adding in a layer of coffee-flavored whipped cream.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
simonsays
  • elizabethfox