• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Different Ways to Use the Pampered Chef Shopping Bags!!

In summary, a consultant shares her successful use of a reusable shopping bag with her logo on it as a "basket" for a bingo event. The bag contained $25 worth of Pampered Chef products, a new catalog, and business cards. The consultant's items were a hit and a guest even placed a $50 order. The consultant's director found someone to print names and website addresses onto the bags for a fee, but some have found that the print is too small to be easily seen. The consultant also suggests using a silver Sharpie to write personal information on the inside of the bag. Others suggest screen printing the bags instead of embroidering them. Overall, the use of a shopping bag as a basket is a creative and successful
pampered.chris
Gold Member
So in another thread on here somewhere I mentioned that I used the PC shopping bag as my "basket" for a bingo that needed donations. I donated about $25 in product and put the products, a new catalog and lots of business cards in the "basket".

Well...last night was the bingo. I wasn't there but this is the email I received from a current hostess that was there: (part of it anyhow)

"I worked until 7pm and then I met my sister and the kids at the High School for Music Boosters Bingo, where ironically you had some items there for a gift. You were the hit of the night. They waited until last for the pampered chef products and everyone wanted them.:"

I LOVE being the hit of the night!!! I was so excited to hear this. The last few times I have done baskets, they have been in baskets and not easily recognized that it was PC items unless they really looked at the product labels. But I think having everything in the reuseable shopping bag w/ the logo on the front is just the ticket!!

The girl's mom-in-law won the bag and placed a $50 order with me today!!

Just wanted to throw this idea out there for everyone!!

Great idea!

That is great! An order already from it? Way to go!

How did you stuff the bag? Did you have any of the items peeking up from the inside of the bag? Did you have a box inside the bag to prop the stuff up? Just trying to get an idea of how you worked it out since the bag is so deep.

What a GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!!

That's awesome Chris!Speaking of... my director found someone local to us that could print our names/website addresses onto the bag for about $3 per bag if that is something that anyone wants to look in to. The only issue was the print was a little small and you couldn't neccessarily see what it said (the whole website) from any sort of distance. Others may have better luck though!

Last edited:
I bought a silver Sharpie and have been writing my info just on the inside of the bag. If the person is approached they will have my info to share.

jcsmilez said:
That's awesome Chris!

Speaking of... my director found someone local to us that could print our names/website addresses onto the bag for about $3 per bag if that is something that anyone wants to look in to. The only issue was the print was a little small and you couldn't neccessarily see what it said (the whole website) from any sort of distance. Others may have better luck though!

How are they printing it on the bag? I was thinking about seeing if someone I knew could embroider on it, but not sure the bag is "sturdy" enough for that. Any other ideas?

Chef Kearns said:
How did you stuff the bag? Did you have any of the items peeking up from the inside of the bag? Did you have a box inside the bag to prop the stuff up? Just trying to get an idea of how you worked it out since the bag is so deep.

I am going to hang my head in shame on this one, but I had forgotten about this and didn't have a basket on hand, so that is how they ended up in the bag. But the kid was waiting so I just put stuff in there real quick.

I think they allowed everyone to look through what was available and so people were able to see what they were getting.

In the future, I want to do something so things stick out the top.

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, isn't it funny how thing work out when you are in a hurry LOL.

elijahstrust said:
How are they printing it on the bag? I was thinking about seeing if someone I knew could embroider on it, but not sure the bag is "sturdy" enough for that. Any other ideas?

No, embroidery is not the best option for these bags. They are like tissue paper when you embroider on them! You can have the bags screen printed on. Check out local screen printers to see what they will do for you. Some have special rules when it comes to customer provided garments. Be sure to check with them first.

Wow this is a great idea. I have to put together a basket that is being used for a fundraiser and using a bag is a great idea!!!! I think I'm going to recycle this idea for when I put that together.

kcmckay said:
Wow this is a great idea. I have to put together a basket that is being used for a fundraiser and using a bag is a great idea!!!! I think I'm going to recycle this idea for when I put that together.

Recycle away!! I am so excited about how well this worked out that I just had to share!

OT: Where are we getting these reusable shopping bags from? I'm assuming Merrill is making them, but I can't find them on the website. Help a sistah out?

They are on the Supply Order Form deanna.

Actually, NOT having the items peeking out probably helped. People LOVE a deal and that usually means they have to work for it a little. Dig through...whatever. I find at booths that if I just have something in a bin vs nicely sitting out people are more excited! I find it hilarious if it's something I have sitting out already :). Thanks for the idea. I've been giving them out for certain things and am surprised how happy people are to KEEP them. Just delivered some outlet stuff to a host/customer of mine and she assumed I wanted the bag back. Nope. REALLY?? Cool....I LOVE reusable bags! It's such a small thing, but actually added value to your donation vs a basket that they may not know what to do with.

I have purchased "name badge holders" in the office supply section. They have a small hole at the tope to slide in a name badge clip- I am going to use ribbon to tie on the holder- and slide in buisness cards- that way when hosts go out (or whoever won your bag) they can hand out my cards, not just see my name on the bag- they can walk away with my info in hand.
(and I'm cheap and lazy and dont have time to screen print or write on the bags... yet oddly I have time to surf CS.... hmmmmm.....)

Bluiydangl said:
I have purchased "name badge holders" in the office supply section. They have a small hole at the tope to slide in a name badge clip- I am going to use ribbon to tie on the holder- and slide in buisness cards- that way when hosts go out (or whoever won your bag) they can hand out my cards, not just see my name on the bag- they can walk away with my info in hand.
(and I'm cheap and lazy and dont have time to screen print or write on the bags... yet oddly I have time to surf CS.... hmmmmm.....)

I did a similar thing, except I bought some clear plastic (like the catalog tote), & had my mom sew them in.

I gave everyone last night that attended my customer appreciation & told them to write their name on the card & if someone books a show from them handing them out that they will receive $20 in products from me.

I love having them work for me!!!

That's a good idea. Anyone tried to wash one yet? I dripped milk on mine as I was coming down the stairs the other night and need to wash it out. I have mine coming on Tuesday and will take it back to a Host I am delivering to on Monday for her and her sister both (her sister placed a $162 on her $415 Show and she did not want her to know she could be a separate show!). I think these are beautiful. I filled mine with my cardmaking supplies yesterday to take to an All Day Crop for my DD's Close to my Heart business. I made 22 "thank you cards" to go with all my orders! I closed 3 shows on Friday and got in my big order yesterday. I had 8 cards already made and am already down to 12 cards! Looks like I need another "Crop Day" to make some more! LOL!

I had a seamstress make labels with my name and hand stitched them to the bag. My host are referring while they shop for me. The bags were a great idea.

The only thing about using your business cards is eventually (hopefully) they'll run out. What if the host is out of the house and has no more cards and just can't remember your info correctly? That's why I've chosen to write it out on the inside of the bag. I like the idea of somehow putting the cards in the bag for the people to hand out, I just don't think it is practical over time. I write out my info inside of the number of shows I have for that week on Sunday night or Monday night while watching tv. It doesn't take that long.

Debbie,
Would your seamstress be willing to make for others?? Could you scan what your labels look like. I'm a visual person and would love to see what people are doing.

Thanks,

Lisa

I've been using one of my grocery bags when I have to take food to a potluck-type meeting.

Hi
I got a small squeeze bottle of white fabric paint at the local craft store. It has a small opening at the tip and costs all of 59 cents. I was able to write my first name and phone number at the top (close to the handle stitching) and also did some with my name and phone # on the inside - at the top for a less conspicuous display. I did 15 bags for 59 cents and still have plenty of paint left. All you need to do is let it dry flat for 24 hours and it is good to go!
Linda:sing:

I've been collecting food items to donate to local food shelves at each of my shows. I match the number of items collected as well. I've had a few people at the shows that actually work on some of these food shelves, and they have offered to drop off the food items. I pack all items into these bags and tell the gal who is dropping them off to keep the bag. They LOVE that!

For March, along with the $60 silicone brush, I'm adding in a shopping bag for free. My first show is tonight, so we will see if it's a hit. I'm also going to hand them out to my co-workers with my business cards attached. I'm punching holes in my cards and using binder rings to attach a bunch to the handle so they can tear a card off and give it to someone if asked about the bag.

I don't know if some of you saw one of my threads about my upline trying to steal my grandma as a customer, but she looks for people that already have the bags and tells them they need to add a red pampered chef bag to their collection.

I love the idea of stuffing the bag!! I plan to make a donation for a silent auction in our local Relay for Life next month & using the bag...with a few business cards stuffed in it...is definitely a wonderful idea!!!!

I'm a new consultant, 1 show down, another tonight & am LOVING CS! Everyone is so helpful & willing to share ideas!

I bought a silver paint pen for only $1.99. I'm using it to write my name and phone number on the inside of the top band, between the places where the handle is attached. Fast and cheap. :)

You can buy Tshirt transfers in the label section of any office supply store (Staples where I am from...) They are full 8.5x11, as dozen or so in the box for about $1 a sheet - so I print 6 "labels" with my contactyi nfo on them & iron them on, so I have six bags done for approx $1, plus $1.30 or so per bag, so I am happy with this. Plus it doesn't require any special ink or a trip to my seamstress or print shop!

T-Shirt transfers I've seen require a hot iron. Since the bags are nylon, they won't survive a hot iron. Then again, maybe you've found another type of transfer.

My director just had 100 bags screenprinted with all of her info. Because of they type of material of the bags, it required a special process, so it was a little more, but she won't have to pay the setup fee again if she has more done. I'm waiting to hear the success of her venture before I decide if I want to do it myself. It's an investment, but hey - I got a booking just yesterday because of a PC shopping bag!

otisbg said:
Hi
I got a small squeeze bottle of white fabric paint at the local craft store. It has a small opening at the tip and costs all of 59 cents. I was able to write my first name and phone number at the top (close to the handle stitching) and also did some with my name and phone # on the inside - at the top for a less conspicuous display. I did 15 bags for 59 cents and still have plenty of paint left. All you need to do is let it dry flat for 24 hours and it is good to go!
Linda:sing:

What kind of paint did you use? Does it look like it will chip off over time?

I used a paint pen and it worked great, but I did notice that after writing my info on 25 bags that the pen part was getting a little frayed.

I used my bag(s) this weekend to take some products to a Consignment Sale. I loaded the items in the bags and was carrying them as I sorted the products out. And I took them to the post office carrying my packages.And next week, I'm using a bag wrapped with a Season's Best as a give-away prize drawing for my booth. (Stolen idea from someone on here- she does that for Host Thank-you gifts.)

Well , I didn't find any "special" t shirt transfers - I used the ones from Staples, set it at a slightly lower temp, put a towel in between the 2 sides of the bed so I didn't "melt" them together... It worked fine. Probably because the area I was trying to transfer was small (post card size) for each one. Esther

ChefEsther said:
Well , I didn't find any "special" t shirt transfers - I used the ones from Staples, set it at a slightly lower temp, put a towel in between the 2 sides of the bed so I didn't "melt" them together... It worked fine. Probably because the area I was trying to transfer was small (post card size) for each one.

Esther

Could you post a picture of how they turned out? I'm really curious about trying this. :thumbup:

babywings76 said:
Could you post a picture of how they turned out? I'm really curious about trying this. :thumbup:

I'd love to see it too.

in response to Linda-
I went to the fabric paint department of my local craft store. The paint I used gives a 3-D effect and is in a bottle almost like a glue bottle - with just a narrow pointed opening as oppossed to a "pen" point. I even hand washed one and the paint stayed on. I took one bag to my monthly cluster meeting and my cluster-mates are all going to do the same procedure.

Silk screening is fine but can be expensive. Check for someone to do heat press vinyl on it instead. May not be as expensive.
Great idea on passing out the business cards and having your customers name as the referrer then you can go back to her/him and let them know that "they" helped you book x number of parties and how easy was that? They should become consultants because they did an Awesome job promoting "Your" business and it could have been theirs.

Related to Different Ways to Use the Pampered Chef Shopping Bags!!

1. How can I use the Pampered Chef shopping bags for my business?

The Pampered Chef shopping bags can be used in a variety of ways to showcase your products and attract potential customers. Some ideas include using them as gift baskets for donations, filling them with product samples and business cards for events, or giving them as hostess gifts.

2. What are the benefits of using the Pampered Chef shopping bags for my business?

The reusable shopping bags are not only environmentally friendly, but they also have the Pampered Chef logo prominently displayed, which helps to promote brand recognition. Additionally, the bags are durable and can be used for multiple events, making them a cost-effective marketing tool.

3. Can I customize the Pampered Chef shopping bags for my business?

While the bags come with the Pampered Chef logo, you can also add your own personal touch by attaching a business card or including a personalized note inside. You can also get creative and add additional decorations or ribbons to make the bags stand out.

4. How have other consultants used the Pampered Chef shopping bags for their businesses?

Some consultants have used the bags as part of their display at vendor events, filling them with product samples and catalogs to attract potential customers. Others have used them as a way to thank their hostesses for hosting a party, filling them with small gifts and product samples. Some have even used them as a way to package and deliver customer orders.

5. Where can I purchase the Pampered Chef shopping bags?

The bags are available for purchase through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's personal website. They come in packs of three and are a great investment for your business. You can also earn them for free through various incentives and promotions offered by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jdavis
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies