• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Host an Open House When Starting Out? Ideas and Suggestions Wanted!

In summary, the author had an open house where she cooked three recipes and gave a short presentation on the new products. She also offered guests the opportunity to help themselves to drinks and food.
mommylove_07
Did anyone have an open house when they first started out? If so, what did you do and where? I would like to have one. I just don't think my house is the best place because it is in the country. Also, I am not for sure what all to have there and I am not really wanting to do a demostration just some sections where they chop and other things like that. Any ideas are appreciated.

I had one when I started and another last March for a Spring Preview. I'm debating doing it again for the holidays. Where it's an open house, I didn't do a demo. I cooked three recipes, spaced out throughout the evening, so there was always something being made, or ready to eat when people arrived. Of course, I've also done it where I just made the food ahead of time, and that works to. I put cutting boards out with the mandoline, forged knives, and other things for people to test out. I did a drawing for new products, or free product value. Other than that, I didn't do much, basically just socializing and casually talking about the products. I did have a table set up with most of my products out on display. That's the one great thing about open houses at your own home, you don't have to lug heavy crates anywhere, so you can display as much as you want. I wouldn't worry about your house being in the country, mine is too, and I still had a great turnout. Just follow the same steps you give your hosts when host coaching, invite at least 40 people, and don't forget to do reminder calls. Good luck!

Thanks for the idea!

I don't call mine "open houses". I get a better attendance if I have a start and finish time. I make up names for mine - like Fall Preview Extravaganza.......

I usually have 3-4 recipes made ahead.......and then I welcome everyone as they come in, give them a folder with all of the info I want them to have....let them help themselves to drinks, food, etc.....and browse the products I have on display. I then do a SHORT presentation (10-15 minutes) talking about the recipes, the guest specials, and upcoming host specials. I do mine usually for the new Fall Season, so I also go over some of the new products. I then let them continue to eat, browse, chat and shop, and take their orders when they are ready!

"Fall Preview Extravaganza"... I like that. :p

Related to Did You Host an Open House When Starting Out? Ideas and Suggestions Wanted!

What is a Starting Out Open House?

A Starting Out Open House is an event where you can showcase Pampered Chef products to potential customers in a fun and interactive setting. It is a great way to introduce people to our products and build your business.

How do I host a Starting Out Open House?

To host a Starting Out Open House, you can reach out to your family, friends, and acquaintances and invite them to attend. You can also promote the event on social media and through word of mouth. It is important to have a well-planned and organized event to make a good impression on your guests.

What are the benefits of hosting a Starting Out Open House?

Hosting a Starting Out Open House can bring potential customers to your doorstep and give you the opportunity to showcase your products. It can also help you to build relationships with your guests, increase your sales, and potentially lead to future bookings.

What products should I feature at my Starting Out Open House?

You can feature a variety of products at your Starting Out Open House, but it is recommended to focus on our best-selling products and new releases. This will give your guests a chance to see and experience our most popular items and get them excited about purchasing from you.

How can I make my Starting Out Open House successful?

To make your Starting Out Open House successful, it is important to plan ahead, promote the event, and create a welcoming atmosphere for your guests. Be prepared to demonstrate products, offer samples, and answer any questions they may have. Also, don't forget to follow up with your guests after the event to thank them for attending and offer any additional support or information they may need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • tinat51796
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tinat51796
  • floccies