• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did my Partylite recruit steal my idea and sabotage my event? What should I do?

In summary, the PL gal went ahead and did the show with your recruit, and now you are getting screwed.
ChefBurke
Silver Member
Hey everyone! ok.. so i had done a show swap with a partylite girl awhile & we became friends..well I had decided to do a One Stop Shop Holiday Open House was supposed to be today-well I have recruited 5girls(1 qualified so far grr) well anyway the girl that qualified used to work for my dad office so we're "friends" i guess.. well she asked when she was first signing how to get her first 4 shows i said open house- i mentioned i couldnt do somethin she had asked me to do cant remember what-anyway because if my holiday open house with vendors & what i was doing is askin each participating vendor to invite a minimum of 40 guests so everyone would have a good turnout-well my recruit steals my idea,time & date of the event! She is in my area & basically advertised EVERYWHERE forcing me to change my date! Well come to find out she went on the partylite site & got in touch with MY PARTYLITE girl! And when I spoke to my PL friend i had mentioned i was rescheduling the date due to another person having the same thing! she said oh jill ? I said yea how do u know her-she said she went on the PL site & im in her area & contacted me-i said thats my recruit! so she asked if i minded if she did her show & mine..well i dont know if jill had all the vendors invite people but if so i know the PL girls peps wont come to the same event for me! So what should i do email the PL girl & ask how it went & if any of her peps went? or ask Jill? And how to word it if her peps did go-i'm basically getting screwed!
WHAT TO DO!!!!?????????????

Not right!Well, personally I don't think that was right for her to do. I would call her (your recruit) and ask her how things went. But now you know better, that you should keep some things to yourself. I know it can be difficult to do that when you are trying to train her but, what she did was just dirty! I would honestly talk to her about what she did and just put your cards on the table. I would have to, but that's just my two cents.

So I thought about emailing her what should I say? I wanted to say Oh I know Debra went my partylight girl, we swapped shows a little bit ago..something to the sorts to let her know I am her PC girl!

That was definetely a hit below the belt. That was a dirty nasty thing to do. Its a shame that sometimes we have to learn the hard way about some things. I have no recruits myself, but have definetely learned from reading your thread to keep some things hushed.

I hope things work out in the end between you and your recruit. Please keep us posted

Cheers

Whoa, ladies! Remember Ann Landers choice advice - "keep your words short and sweet because you may have to eat them."

Suggestion: TAKE THE HIGH ROAD! Call the recruit, encourage her to the hilt. Without being fakey sweet, praise the heck out of her for her holding the event. In short time, her success will be paying YOUR bills! Let her know that you had a similar event planned, and that somehow one of the vendors you had booked had been so excited over her event, that she 'worked your event rather than mine'.

Praise the heck out of the PL gal since she followed through on a show. Do you want these 2 ladies to talk about you / be negative about you? No - you want their business, their leads and their future success - because it brings you your future success!

So: 1) take your recruit out to coffee and praise her, and sit down with a calendar to show how she inadvertently landed on the same date you had planned. Do this IN PERSON, not over the phone - body language and eye contact are important.

2) call and RESCHEDULE with the PL lady, or - bag her and get another PL person. They are around! Enter a nearby zipcode on the PL website and see who else you get. It seems she is really the one who messed with you. Have a frank but friendly discussion, that you were counting on her and her guests to make your event "even more successful", but you made the choice to give up your date so the other one would work out the best "for her and for your recruit".

Do you see the difference? Anyone can rag on another rep or tear someone down, it takes an awesome future director to turn lemons into lemonade! [As much as I hate to say it, this could've turned out much worse - your recruit could've been "swayed to the dark side" and chosen to sell PL instead of PC! It has happened to me. Solution: Be Positive!]

Go ahead and do your holiday show...I know that you said that only one of your people is qualified, but are you getting the FD bonus? If you are, then you'll get something off of her sales (all of mine are still in their Super Starter months, so they're listing me as an FD and I would get the bonus if I can manage to hit my $1250 this month). I think it was a horrible thing to do, though, whether you get paid or not and I would HIGHLY suggest never giving her "all" of the info again (maybe give her the following weekend as your date then she can't do it again).

That said, I'd go ahead and still have the party on the new date. WHY? Because only 1/4 - 1/3 of all people invited anywhere ever show up. You still have 2/3 - 3/4 of those people left who won't be able to attend your recruit's show due to work, holiday events, previous commitments, etc. Your vendors should know who didn't show up just based on their sales slips if their people placed an order with them so they could eliminate those names from their invites and just add that many more. Plus, those people who do show up at the other show may be between paydays and yours might be on their new check, so they can come back and get what they couldn't get the first time. :D

Show that girl who's boss (if anyone shows up and says anything to you about the 2 events, tell them you "allowed" her to do her show first because you are a wonderful recruiter who wants the best for her consultants and wanted to make sure that she hit her goal that month since it was so very important to her)! :D

Thank You for your positive advice-much appreciated! Ok to answer some questions...
1.MOST IMPORTANTLY She KNEW about my event & chose to do the same date & time as mine! So it was done knowingly.She had called me awhile back & said oh are you still doin that open house?I said Yea she said oh im doing the same on that date! Then when she knew I cancelled she asked me to come & get sales for her-well having a sick 8month old baby with a horrible cold I said i couldn't & I know she's my recruit but it felt like a slap in the face-oh i stole your idea & your date & advertising in your area & you had to cancel so come make me sales-no thanks.

2.I emailed the PL girl to ask how it went & said oh how did it work did all the vendors bring their circle of friends to view the others? I want to get her answer so I know if she brought her firends & I know they wont come to the same event twice so if so I'll say I'm not going to do it & I'll get another PL girl!
3.the PL girl also knew Jill was my recurit because we discussed it-so basically they were BOTH aware.
Yes I understand I need to worry about myself & get my shows going(ive been slacking) its just hard to keep walking the road to succes when your toes are stomped on by a fellow consultant ya know...

I know that your recruit and PL girl's actions are less than desirable. However, I beleive Scottcooks is on the right track. It would be extremely easy to vent to both ladies but you are running a business and the best way to handle this is professionally. Your actions will say alot about your character and you never know who will hear this story told. It very will could affect not just this recruit but future recruits and business who didn't hear the story in your words.

It would benefit you to talk with your recruit and let her know that this seemed very odd to you. Maybe she can enlighten you as to what she was thinking and maybe she just wasn't thinking. I know that happens to me more times than I would like to admit.

Don't feel like you have to beat aroud the bush. You want your girl to be successful, ask how things went and you might even go to get ideas. We should always be open to learn.

Really concider scottcooks advice. It is my experience that men tend to make logical and professional decisions. They usually do not let their emotionns dictate their reaction.

Way to go scottcooks on offering wonderful advice.

I also agree with Scott!
definetly a good way to handle damage control!

I actually would have invited her to my open house to get some leads, shows and experience.
Whenever I do any event I always invite my recurits to come.
I let them know it is part of my plan for their sucess.
1)they don't have to lay out money for an event.
2) they don't have to stress over what to bring make ect.
3) there is then no way for us to both to be doing an event on the same day. ;)
I also invite other girls in my cluster if they are close by.
I personally feel that there is enough business for everyone and while someone might not want to do a show for me, they might LOVE to do a show with one of my recruits or even another consultant.
If I initiate the cooperation I know there won't be any backstabbing later.
I think as a whole Pampered Chef Consultants are the most giving and helpful I ever met, and I like to continue that.
What did your director say?
I see you have only been doing this for 5 months I would think she or He would be helping you alot with your recruits.
Hope that helps :)

scottcooks said:
Whoa, ladies! Remember Ann Landers choice advice - "keep your words short and sweet because you may have to eat them."

Suggestion: TAKE THE HIGH ROAD! Call the recruit, encourage her to the hilt. Without being fakey sweet, praise the heck out of her for her holding the event. In short time, her success will be paying YOUR bills! Let her know that you had a similar event planned, and that somehow one of the vendors you had booked had been so excited over her event, that she 'worked your event rather than mine'.

Praise the heck out of the PL gal since she followed through on a show. Do you want these 2 ladies to talk about you / be negative about you? No - you want their business, their leads and their future success - because it brings you your future success!

So: 1) take your recruit out to coffee and praise her, and sit down with a calendar to show how she inadvertently landed on the same date you had planned. Do this IN PERSON, not over the phone - body language and eye contact are important.

2) call and RESCHEDULE with the PL lady, or - bag her and get another PL person. They are around! Enter a nearby zipcode on the PL website and see who else you get. It seems she is really the one who messed with you. Have a frank but friendly discussion, that you were counting on her and her guests to make your event "even more successful", but you made the choice to give up your date so the other one would work out the best "for her and for your recruit".

Do you see the difference? Anyone can rag on another rep or tear someone down, it takes an awesome future director to turn lemons into lemonade! [As much as I hate to say it, this could've turned out much worse - your recruit could've been "swayed to the dark side" and chosen to sell PL instead of PC! It has happened to me. Solution: Be Positive!]

::::::::::::applauding::::::::::::::
Fabulous advice Scott!! I totally agree!

scottcooks said:

Scott has made some excellent points.. I know earlier I said it was a nasty thing she did to you and all, but you know its true, swallow that anger and praise her. Its in the past, leave it in the past. We have to stay positive even when at times its hard to do.
Thanks Scott

Cheers!

Koolotus said:
I actually would have invited her to my open house to get some leads, shows and experience.
Whenever I do any event I always invite my recurits to come.
I let them know it is part of my plan for their sucess.
1)they don't have to lay out money for an event.
2) they don't have to stress over what to bring make ect.
3) there is then no way for us to both to be doing an event on the same day. ;)
I also invite other girls in my cluster if they are close by.
I personally feel that there is enough business for everyone and while someone might not want to do a show for me, they might LOVE to do a show with one of my recruits or even another consultant.
If I initiate the cooperation I know there won't be any backstabbing later.
I think as a whole Pampered Chef Consultants are the most giving and helpful I ever met, and I like to continue that.
What did your director say?
I see you have only been doing this for 5 months I would think she or He would be helping you alot with your recruits.
Hope that helps :)

Koolotus
I am glad to hear you are a good director to your consultants.. I never hear from my director. I would leave emails, and phone messages and she would never return either. A few weeks ago out of the blue she called me to see how things were.. I wasn't home. I tried calling her the next day and left a voice message that I returned her call and to please call as I had some questions... That was three weeks ago. Still haven't heard a peep. I have found I have learned sooooooooooooooooooo much more from everyone here than my own director. I want to say THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU to every single one of you for helping me, advising me, guiding me, cheering me on and keeping my head up during the down times... You are a great bunch to call family!!!

Cheers!

Chef Aggi,
Thanks for the compliment! Actually I am a future director (recently) and have 3 signed on my team.
I do have a nice director that I am happy to call friend.
I think alot in this business falls under that whole "do unto others" clause and just try to work that way.
I have just gotten my schedual the way I want it so I am beginning to recruit. I am determined to do a great job though!
Thanks again.
I am glad you found a responsive cluster :D

I agree with Scott also, great advice... there will be more recruits and there are more PL consultants out there.. try not to take it to heart..
I know how it feels to have parties taken from under your nose.. AFTER host coaching too... but I figure if the recruit needs my contacts that bad.. I will be gracious and ask nicely how they did~ and be careful not to share with that recruit any info. again..

Hey Momma... I love the verse you have on your signature " hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy" Proverbs 13:12 and it is sooo true. Even if it is hard, you have to grab onto that dream and do what is necessary to overcome the hurts, and stumblingblocks satan likes to throw in your path. Don't give up!!! Be encouraging with her, continue to help her to become successful and by so doing, you yourself will not become bitter, but even more successful through your hardship and encouragement you give to her.

Thanks, it is really a life lesson for me every day (whether I choose to listen though is another story!!LOL).
It has just been very recently (like this week) that I have felt hope for PC again, after losing my FD and all those points..sigh.. but~ there is next year!!!!! ***HOPE***

I think also by taking the high road and praising her for her success & drive instead of ripping into her will make her see the error of her ways (if she hasn't already). Remember, turn the other cheek. Pray for those who do you wrong. Trust in faith that when you take the high road, you'll find success down that road. It may be next month, it may be in February (double points baby!), or with recruits or something. :) Also, with you calling her and praising her for her success, and telling others that you gave up the date for yours so she could get a good boost for her business - it may draw recruits. Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm sorry things ended up the way they did.

Last edited:

1. How can I become a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a successful consultant, it is important to build a strong network of customers and host parties regularly. Also, staying up-to-date with new products and promotions, and providing excellent customer service will help you grow your business.

2. What are the best products to use for specific recipes?

The Pampered Chef website offers a variety of recipes that are tailored to specific products. You can also reach out to your consultant for personalized recommendations based on your cooking needs and preferences.

3. How do I host a successful Pampered Chef party?

To host a successful party, it is important to plan ahead and promote your party to your network. Make sure to have a variety of products on display and offer exclusive discounts and promotions to your guests. Also, don't forget to have fun and engage with your guests!

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party allows you to earn free products, discounts, and exclusive host rewards. It is also a great opportunity to try out new products and recipes, and spend quality time with friends and family.

5. How can I find a Pampered Chef consultant in my area?

You can easily find a Pampered Chef consultant in your area by visiting the "Find a Consultant" page on our website. Simply enter your zip code and a list of consultants near you will be provided. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or family who have hosted or attended a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • Humble Beginnings