• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Double Book My Party Schedule?

In summary, Di was telling a friend about her plans to party switch and reschedule one of her shows. The conversation took place last week and the jewelry party was originally scheduled for Oct. 19. The party swap Di participated in worked out well and she was able to get four bookings and over $500 in sales. She is thinking about walking but is worried about how hard her contacts would try to be a host for her.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
So I called a contact from a June show ... who agreed to book a show for November 7.

I was telling a friend about it ... and suddenly realized that was the same day as a jewelry party I'd scheduled as part of a party swap.

UGH! I can't believe I did that. I'm going to have to reschedule one of them, and it will have to be the PC show because the jewelry consultant made such a big deal out of staying at her SIL's place and going to her show half an hour south the next day.

On the plus side ... at least I have three shows on the books in November. It better be Sell-a-thon!

So...you would rather spend money than make money?

I understand that you feel an obligation to your jewelry lady, but can you move that to the day after her SIL's party? I mean you did have the PC party scheduled before the jewelry thing. Just think carefully before you decide which one you are going to switch. Contact your host to make sure she's still solid for that date and go from there.

JMHO!

No, you don't understand ....

The jewelry party was originally scheduled for Oct. 19. I rescheduled it because a) everybody told me that if I was gonna party switch, I needed to have the PC show FIRST and b) it conflicted with Making Strides against Breast Cancer.

The jewelry lady wasn't hopeful about having a free weekend before Christmas and finally consented to Nov. 7. She lives an hour north of me, and had a show scheduled 40 minutes south of me ... and her family lives in my town. So she was already planning to stay with her in-laws, reasoning that this would make her commute shorter.

This whole conversation took place last week. The PC party was booked tonight, and I forgot to check my calendar.

I'm sure she'll be fine with the following Friday ... if not, I'll reschedule the jewelry thing, which truth be told, I'm not too thrilled with doing ... but you do what you have to do!

Di, not to get off on a different subject but do you find the party swap thing to work very well? I have heard mixed opinions about it. I just wanted your opinion.

I haven't done one yet, but I don't think I want to do one. Or at least not yet, this early in my PC career. I feel like I am tapping into my contacts enough trying to get started. My kick-off show, then some hosted for me or placed orders, some are rebooking now and tomorrow is my Fall Open House. I think I'm going to ease up on my contacts for a while. I can see the benefit of doing it, so you can get exposure to a whole bunch of new people, but I still feel like I wouldn't have my heart in hosting one in return. Makes me wonder how hard they would try at being a host for me as well? KWIM?

not to hijack, but I did a party swap that worked out pretty well. I did make sure to have my show first though. The show she had for me had 8 women in attendance. I got 4 bookings and just over $500 in sales. Her show didn't go as good because I didn't know anyone who liked jewelery that much, but she was still happy.

Di_Can_Cook said:
No, you don't understand ....

The jewelry party was originally scheduled for Oct. 19. I rescheduled it because a) everybody told me that if I was gonna party switch, I needed to have the PC show FIRST and b) it conflicted with Making Strides against Breast Cancer.
The jewelry lady wasn't hopeful about having a free weekend before Christmas and finally consented to Nov. 7. She lives an hour north of me, and had a show scheduled 40 minutes south of me ... and her family lives in my town. So she was already planning to stay with her in-laws, reasoning that this would make her commute shorter.

This whole conversation took place last week. The PC party was booked tonight, and I forgot to check my calendar.

I'm sure she'll be fine with the following Friday ... if not, I'll reschedule the jewelry thing, which truth be told, I'm not too thrilled with doing ... but you do what you have to do!

Are you walking Di? I am, witha few other girls from my team and a few friends outside of PC.
I know what you mean though, I schedules a show for the same day as the walk.:eek: I'm just going to ask if she will move to 4:00.

I'm thinking about walking .... my cluster-mates are, and even if I don't walk, I can't expect them to attend a jewelry party a few hours later. (I''ve been a volunteer for it in the past, though, and it is ALWAYS over long before noon, though. Mostly just wanted to move the jewelry party.)

This is my first party-swap, so I have no opinion on it. It has worked well for cluster-mates of mine ...so we shall see.

Anyway ... I'm off to call my PC host and see if she is willing to switch her show to the 14th ... will push to get the show closed by the end of the weekend so people will have their stuff in time for Thanksgiving ... wish me luck!

I think if you have the PC party scheduled in Nov thats stil plenty of time to call and ask the host if she would mind changing. most people are understanding about that. If she doesnt want to budge then you will have to think about what you can do with the jewerly lady.

good luck!!

oh and I swapped shows recently for the first time and it didnt go well for me at all. The host made it more of a party vibe to her friends and invited 40 people.. well you wouldnt belive it but she actually had 32 show up. I was like OMG.. I thought I would have a great show but it didnt turn out good at all. I guess she had told he guests that she was making it a margartita show and I didnt know that. I think most people showed up for margaritas and not the product. I walked away with 7 orders equalling $350.00. Normally I wouldnt be upset about a party with that total but the hostess was very demanding and her guests were too. It was about 100 degrees in her house and kids were running all over.

Anyway, I am sure that is rare.. I am having her purse party this weekend. I have ten people coming. She might not be too happy with that but thats the best I could do !

paigev71 said:
Di, not to get off on a different subject but do you find the party swap thing to work very well? I have heard mixed opinions about it. I just wanted your opinion.

I did it once, and will not do it again... I scheduled the jewelry party for fall (October) and she scheduled her PC show right away... well, the day before the show she called and said that she couldn't do it for one reason or another, so we rescheduled for the next month... when her show got closer I kept calling and couldn't get a hold of her, the day before the show she called and said that she had been in the hospital and sorry, couldn't have the show... well, I'm not sure that I believed her but couldn't really call her a lier so we scheduled again, this time, she waited until the day of the show to cancel. 3 strikes and you're out. Well, she gave some big song and dance about no one coming and she'd just have a catalog party because she had some outside orders and then she'd schedule another in the fall because she really wants to have one. So, I drove over to pick up her orders and give her some more catalogs and order forms and she had 3 orders that were each about $20 and no money for any of them. Then she pulls out her calender and wants to schedule her fall show the weekend after I am supposed to do the jewelry party with her. I told her that I'd have to check my calendar and I'd get back to her. I've never heard from her since. I'm assuming that she'll be calling soon to talk about my show with her and I'll be telling her that I can't make it. I just don't understand how she could cancel so many times when she's in the business and knows how that screws up your schedule. But, sorry so long, obviously, I won't be doing another show swap, if they want to have a PC party they can book it, if I want to have a jewelry or whatever show, I'll book it. But not as a swap. Just thought I'd share!

Would you be able to keep the same day and just change the time of the PC show?

ChefPaulaB said:
I did it once, and will not do it again... I scheduled the jewelry party for fall (October) and she scheduled her PC show right away... well, the day before the show she called and said that she couldn't do it for one reason or another, so we rescheduled for the next month... when her show got closer I kept calling and couldn't get a hold of her, the day before the show she called and said that she had been in the hospital and sorry, couldn't have the show... well, I'm not sure that I believed her but couldn't really call her a lier so we scheduled again, this time, she waited until the day of the show to cancel. 3 strikes and you're out. Well, she gave some big song and dance about no one coming and she'd just have a catalog party because she had some outside orders and then she'd schedule another in the fall because she really wants to have one. So, I drove over to pick up her orders and give her some more catalogs and order forms and she had 3 orders that were each about $20 and no money for any of them. Then she pulls out her calender and wants to schedule her fall show the weekend after I am supposed to do the jewelry party with her. I told her that I'd have to check my calendar and I'd get back to her. I've never heard from her since. I'm assuming that she'll be calling soon to talk about my show with her and I'll be telling her that I can't make it. I just don't understand how she could cancel so many times when she's in the business and knows how that screws up your schedule. But, sorry so long, obviously, I won't be doing another show swap, if they want to have a PC party they can book it, if I want to have a jewelry or whatever show, I'll book it. But not as a swap. Just thought I'd share!

that is really horrible. I cant believe people do that stuff ... dont they want a good reputation? horrible

I just wondered. When I first started I thought it might be a good idea. I emailed a Tastefully Simple person I know (I used to work with her) and said maybe we could swap parties. She wrote back (kind of nasty I thought) saying how you will find in this business people ask you to do that but in reality it just isn't realistic. I heard from another PC person (possibly my recruiter, but I can't remember) that when you are asked to swap, simply say "I would love to but I am way too busy with my business to give it the attention you would expect." Then if they wanted to have a show with you that was their choice. I do remember when I asked my recruiter if she party swapped she said no because if someone is going to do a show for her she wants it to be because they are excited about earning products, not out of a sense of obligation.

paigev71 said:
I just wondered. When I first started I thought it might be a good idea. I emailed a Tastefully Simple person I know (I used to work with her) and said maybe we could swap parties. She wrote back (kind of nasty I thought) saying how you will find in this business people ask you to do that but in reality it just isn't realistic. I heard from another PC person (possibly my recruiter, but I can't remember) that when you are asked to swap, simply say "I would love to but I am way too busy with my business to give it the attention you would expect." Then if they wanted to have a show with you that was their choice. I do remember when I asked my recruiter if she party swapped she said no because if someone is going to do a show for her she wants it to be because they are excited about earning products, not out of a sense of obligation.

I agree with this. If I decide to do a party for TS or anybody else, I want to do it because I want the product. If the TS consultant wants to do a PC show I would treat it as that, a regular person wanting a PC show. I find it hard enough to get hold of some of my hosts as it is, I don't want added guilt of "well I did your party".

I have swapped a few times and try to be first. They usually work out okay but not great for either.

The last one that I did first was with a Body Shop consultant. I did hers and had a good show for her. Then she dropped off the face of the earth - would not return my calls or emails about the show she was supposed to do for me. And she was an upper level director in her company. Never again.

I was recently at a fair and several of us talked about each other's products and took each others books. Instead of swapping shows we decided to do a multi vendor shopping event, each bringing their clients to it to shop. We'll see. I've had mixed results with that before but it is a chance to find some new customers - and help other DS consultants. Networking is good.

Well, I called the PC host and she was fine with switching dates. (Can't do 2 shows in 1 day because the date in question is a Friday.)

We'll see how the switch goes ... I am happy that they are only 5 days apart from each other and that the PC show is first ...

Yes, I did mis-understand your original post. I'm glad it's going to work for you!

I had a Lia Sophia rep call and asked to swap parties and I just couldn't do it. I don't even wear a watch much less any other jewelry. I would have done maybe a candle party or stampin up, but I just couldn't swap on a line of products I have no desire to purchase for myself.

I started a whole thread on this before ... the funny part about this swap is that I used to sell jewelry before I did PC. Of course, I got the hard sell about the "opportunity" when I told her that.

Know what we say about "nobody will be offended if you invite them?" Well, I am pretty sure that my ex-director in the jewelry thing would be offended ... she sells a different line of jewelry now, and would be offended by me hosting a show for a stranger instead of her. (Of course, she never asked ...)

Related to Did I Double Book My Party Schedule?

What is the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product?

The "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product is a line of kitchen gadgets and tools designed to make cooking and food preparation easier and more efficient.

Is the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product durable?

Yes, the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. Many of our customers have been using these products for years without any issues.

Can the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product be used for both cooking and baking?

Absolutely! The "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product is versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking. It includes a variety of tools such as measuring cups, mixing bowls, and baking sheets.

Do you offer a warranty for the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." line. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will provide a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Can I purchase the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product in stores?

No, the "Can't Believe I Did This ...." product is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and ensure the authenticity of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pampered_heathery