• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dicontinued Fall/Winter Products~

In summary, Coffee and tea will be discontinued for the spring/summer season. There are new products being released that are more kid-friendly.
Stoney5
Silver Member
Products to be Discontinued or Restyled for Spring/Summer 2007

2169 Tiles Reversible Table Runner $39.00
2173 Tiles Reversible Placemat Set $20.00
2168 Tiles Napkin Set $12.00
2174 Beaded Napkin Rings $8.00
2179 Cranberry Table Runner $45.00
2182 Cranberry Napkin Set $14.00
2181 Tassel Napkin Ring Set $12.00
1160 V-Shaped Cutter (Restyled) $8.50
1133 Lemon Zester Scorer (Restyled) $8.50
1175 Cook’s Corer (Restyled) $4.00
1115 Julienne Peeler (Restyled) $7.50
1050 Vegetable Peeler (Restyled) $3.50
1075 Kitchen Shears (Restyled) $15.00
1328 Silicone Oven Mitt $19.50
2976 Hand Lotion (still available in set) $13.75
2170 Tool-Turn-About (Restyled) $15.00
2967 Stripes and Tiles Kitchen Towel Set $15.00
2981 Microfiber Towel Cranberry $8.50
2982 Microfiber Towel Eggplant $8.50
1616 Handy Scraper (New Color) $6.00
1257 Quikut Paring Knives (Color) $3.75
2591 Easy Opener Cranberry $3.75
2648 Twix-it Clip Combo Pack (Color) $4.75
1441 Mini-Fluted Pan $33.00
1565 Scalloped Bread Tube $6.50
1535 Cake Stencil Set (Restyled) $7.50
1905 Kid’s Apron & Chef’s Hat $20.00
2102 Kid’s Cookie Making Set $16.50
9640 Good Company Coffee $7.75
9641 Good Company Coffee (Decaf) $8.25
9642 Good Company Tea $6.25
2136 Warm Me Up Gift Set $23.50
1881 PC Season’s Best Fall/Winter $1.00
1882 Una Muestra Pampered Chef $1.00

(I've attached a copy for you to down load...2/page)

Attachments

• Products to be Discontinued or Restyled for Spring.doc
    22 KB · Views: 643
Where did this come from?

Coffee?????? what?????? are you sure?

How is this info out already when they're not even out of closing session yet in Dallas?

dannyzmom said:
How is this info out already when they're not even out of closing session yet in Dallas?
Someone could have taken the catalog that they got at lunch yesterday and checked. I always did that before I went to sleep on day 2. lol

Wait a second? I heard (somewhere) that the silicone oven mit wasn not going, just the other mit was being added back on. Not that I LOVE the SOM, just its conflicting information. Also, I thought they didnt get their catalogs (new) ubtil Day 3? I could be wrong...

thechefofnorthbend said:
Wait a second? I heard (somewhere) that the silicone oven mit wasn not going, just the other mit was being added back on. Not that I LOVE the SOM, just its conflicting information. Also, I thought they didnt get their catalogs (new) ubtil Day 3? I could be wrong...

I saw the same thing about the silicone mitt...

I wish they would come out with more stuff for kids. I love the kids hat and apron. Got one for my 3 year old son, so now I'm going to have to get one for my younger two kids before they are discontinued.

You get the discontinued list at lunch, the same time you get the new catalog, and the product incentive levels you earn. they give all of that to you at the same time.

OMG - I can't believe they are getting rid of the coffee and tea! Holy crap! I am going to have to stock up! Yikes!

the coffee... I hope that's wrong... I have a solid customer who buys this on a reg. basis... shoot.

Is the tea and coffee that good? I've never had it...

I thought they would have discontinued some of the SA to make room for the dot SA.

Momma23boys said:
Is the tea and coffee that good? I've never had it...

I have not tried it myself but it gets RAVE reviews from any of my customers who have bought it!

OH NO! My husband and I are totally addicted to the Good Company Coffee! Why would they discontinue it when they're just coming out with the clip with a coffee scoop attached that will go perfectly with the bag the coffee comes in?

Nooooo, not the silicone oven mitt! That's one of my favorite products, and I bought it for Christmas presents this year. It's the only way I keep from burning myself on the stoneware! :(

straitfan said:
OH NO! My husband and I are totally addicted to the Good Company Coffee! Why would they discontinue it when they're just coming out with the clip with a coffee scoop attached that will go perfectly with the bag the coffee comes in?

That's another reason why I am questioing this discontinued products list - it just doesn't make sense to me.

I am questioning it as well....for the coffee plus the silicone mitt...and I also thought that some SA would be D/C to make room for the new... I am not taking this too seriously, until we get a 2nd on it!

I CANNOT believe about the coffee--everyone LOVES it! That was not good timing to discontinue the coffee when they came out with a clip for it!

I also can't believe about the kid's stuff. The cookie making set is great. Now we're going to have NOTHING for kids. I'm really disappointed in that.

I'm also kind of getting tired of taking the lower priced items & "restyling" them & charging so much more. It's getting harder & harder to say how inexpensive many of our tools are when they keep restyling them & charging more.

chefmelody said:
Nooooo, not the silicone oven mitt! That's one of my favorite products, and I bought it for Christmas presents this year. It's the only way I keep from burning myself on the stoneware! :(

Oh Man!! I absolutely HATE
the silicone oven mitt. I've used it maybe once & my hands were almost
burning thru it!!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I CANNOT believe about the coffee--everyone LOVES it! That was not good timing to discontinue the coffee when they came out with a clip for it!

I also can't believe about the kid's stuff. The cookie making set is great. Now we're going to have NOTHING for kids. I'm really disappointed in that.

I'm also kind of getting tired of taking the lower priced items & "restyling" them & charging so much more. It's getting harder & harder to say how inexpensive many of our tools are when they keep restyling them & charging more.

They have to enhance the products and raise the prices to keep up with other stores, to be able to give us a "raise" -- they are making our products SO much better. Anyone remember when the Baker's Roller was WOOD??? Ick!! They restyled it in plastic and added the little pricking piece...much better and definitely wrth the extra $$.
If they didn't constantly improve our tools, we wouldn't be able to hold a candle to William Sonoma...but they keep making our stuff better and better - we are equal to and often better than William Sonoma!!

I just bought that scalloped bread tube last month!! and they are going to discontinue it!! BAHhhhhhhhhh!!!

Maybe they'll just change the color of the SOM. I've had lots of customers hoping for a new color.

Paige Dixon said:
Maybe they'll just change the color of the SOM. I've had lots of customers hoping for a new color.

Ok - now you've stumped me - what's the SOM?

ChefAggi said:
I just bought that scalloped bread tube last month!! and they are going to discontinue it!! BAHhhhhhhhhh!!!

I am surprised to see the bread tube gone. I sell quite a few of them - I have ALL of them from back when there were 4 of them. My kids love when I make cinnamon swirl bread in them...yummmm

dannyzmom said:
Ok - now you've stumped me - what's the SOM?

Silicone Oven Mitt...I had to think about that one too. :)

rebeccastt said:
Silicone Oven Mitt...I had to think about that one too. :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...than kyou :D

I was hoping for a new color for it as well, but it should have been listed under the day 1 announcements as a redesigned product... SOM= silicone oven mitt :)

ChefAggi said:

I love the bread tube! I wish they would have brought out a different shape instead of doing away with it completely.

I bought the set that was on the Outlet not too long ago......and haven't used any of them... I need to try them, I think I even have a booklet of ideas from someone on here!

jrstephens said:
I love the bread tube! I wish they would have brought out a different shape instead of doing away with it completely.

I hate it when they discontinue something that is needed for a recipe in a current recipe book. Then, when our customers ask about it, I have to say, "Oh, sorry....we don't carry that anymore."

I just sold a bunch of those this past season because of doing the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlet recipe.

Who knows...maybe the list is incorrect, AND sometimes they discontinue something and bring back a redesign the following season.

Stampaholic1961 said:
Oh Man!! I absolutely HATE
the silicone oven mitt. I've used it maybe once & my hands were almost
burning thru it!!

Wow, you must have had a faulty one, then. I'd send it back. I use them all the time on my stoneware and I've never had my hands get more than a little warm. :confused:

rebeccastt said:
I hate it when they discontinue something that is needed for a recipe in a current recipe book. Then, when our customers ask about it, I have to say, "Oh, sorry....we don't carry that anymore."I just sold a bunch of those this past season because of doing the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlet recipe.Who knows...maybe the list is incorrect, AND sometimes they discontinue something and bring back a redesign the following season.
I hope that there are more announcements to come...I was really hoping for a new DDB and rectangular lid....and actually more lids for the square and pie dish... what use is the insulated tote without a lid? We are way better than toothpicks and saran wrap!! :)

Oven mitt, good riddence!!!!

Coffee, bread tube and mini fluted pan, I am totally shocked!!! I sell tons of all three of those products. I thought they only got rid of the products that sold the least amount!! I make the bread in the bread tube at tons of my shows too!! As a matter of fact, I've got a show this month where we are making the Tex Mex Chicken melts, which uses it! The last time the stones were on sale (Sept) I sold several of the mini fluted stones. As a matter of fact, I sold three at just one show!

Kid's productss, slightly shocked, but not too surprised. Not huge sellers for me. Never sold the cookie kit but have purchased them as Christmas gifts.

chefmelody said:
Wow, you must have had a faulty one, then. I'd send it back. I use them all the time on my stoneware and I've never had my hands get more than a little warm. :confused:

I've never had problems with mine either and I use it everyday! I does get a little warm sometimes, but I've never gotten close to being burned.

It is a little cumbersome in the drawer though...it's not very pliable and it gets stuck in my drawer. Hmmm...maybe I should move it someplace else?

rebeccastt said:
I've never had problems with mine either and I use it everyday! I does get a little warm sometimes, but I've never gotten close to being burned.

It is a little cumbersome in the drawer though...it's not very pliable and it gets stuck in my drawer. Hmmm...maybe I should move it someplace else?

hmmm hot glue a magnet to the top and stick it to the side of your fridge??

That's a thought! Then I'd have to move a bunch of stuff off the fridge to put it there....Maybe I need to use my organizational book and apply it to the kitchen. LOL! I'm already trying to figure out where I'm going to put all the products I earned. :)

jenniferknapp said:
That's a great idea! LOL

jenniferknapp said:

It has a hole on the side... get some hooks! Magnetic ones, even! :p

chefmelody said:
It has a hole on the side... get some hooks! Magnetic ones, even! :p

haha...shows you I've never used it or seen it!!

IMO you aren't missing a thing!! When it first came out I thought it was the coolest thing! An oven mitt that could go in your dishwasher!!! Then I used it at a show and almost dropped a piece of cookware that I took out of the oven because the heat went right through it! Haven't taken it to a show since!

I don't care for it much either. It's too big for my hands and I don't feel like I have a good grip on what I'm trying to hold. I do have customer's who like it though.

So, my opinion....I don't care if it stays or goes. I have a lot of customers who are totally addicted to our coffee though....I wanna know about that one!

From deep research (and asking allot of nosy questions) I have heard throught the grapevine that PC private labels their coffee from a roaster in Portland Oregon. Its very Hush Hush, but my girlfriend ALSO privalte labels her coffee from, we think, the SAME roaster...she had taken a tour of the facilty about a year and a 1/2 ago and was inadvertanly given a supply to take home to test (and it had the non-resale packaging, brown bag label that said PC-Ill, DSA code-DC) She had asked her "contact" and he appologized and told her that she NEVER should have seen that, it goes to a special direct sales vendor located in Illinios...) Hmmmm.....I'm checking more into this...

pamperedlinda said:
I have a lot of customers who are totally addicted to our coffee though....I wanna know about that one!

I know doesn't that sound a little strange! I mean it is offered right now at a lower cost for us on the supply order form!! Or do you think they did that to unload some of it? That hadn't occured to me until just now.

rebeccastt said:
I hate it when they discontinue something that is needed for a recipe in a current recipe book. Then, when our customers ask about it, I have to say, "Oh, sorry....we don't carry that anymore."

I just sold a bunch of those this past season because of doing the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlet recipe.

Who knows...maybe the list is incorrect, AND sometimes they discontinue something and bring back a redesign the following season.

Now, instead of saying sorry, we don't carry it anymore, we can point them to the outlet on our websites! Even if the item isn't featured right then, I use it as an excuse to talk about the outlet, letting them know to add it to their favorites because it changes frequently!

So, do have confirmation on this list? With so many questions, I'm not sure what to think.

thechefofnorthbend said:
From deep research (and asking allot of nosy questions) I have heard throught the grapevine that PC private labels their coffee from a roaster in Portland Oregon. Its very Hush Hush, but my girlfriend ALSO privalte labels her coffee from, we think, the SAME roaster...she had taken a tour of the facilty about a year and a 1/2 ago and was inadvertanly given a supply to take home to test (and it had the non-resale packaging, brown bag label that said PC-Ill, DSA code-DC) She had asked her "contact" and he appologized and told her that she NEVER should have seen that, it goes to a special direct sales vendor located in Illinios...) Hmmmm.....I'm checking more into this...

Maybe they have a contract with this company...and the company is smart and knows that so many people love their coffee, that they want to be able to sell it themselves and not through TPC... it may be out of TPC's hands...and they may not want to try and replace it...so maybe they are just eliminating it?

I have questions b/c they got rid of all the tile runners, placemats, etc. But, they left the darn napkins??? WHAT? they have to be crazy!! Take away the napkins not the coffee and tea!!!! Ok I'm done venting...

it is on there! 2168 Tiles Napkin Set $12.00

hehe, ok now I feel dumb...

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
KellerCooks
  • AlowayFamily
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views